Turbulent outer core

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

johnm33

Turbulent outer core

Unread post by johnm33 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Is it possible that the lack of transmission of waves through the core is caused by tidal turbulence as the inner core, solid?, is constantly moving towards/away[?] from the center of gravity of the earth/moon system, displacing the fluid outer core?

johnm33

Re: Turbulent outer core

Unread post by johnm33 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Not quite what i had in mind, but at least someone else is thinking about it http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/ ... arthquakes
more detail
32.4 year cycle? and a 5 year lead time?

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm

John, i can't tell what this thread is about ??
The Saturn-Orcus Synodic Cycle is about 32 years, if that's any help.

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 pm

"John, i can't tell what this thread is about ??"
I've been thinking about what would cause earth expansion and various types of volcanic activity, there's certainly a link to an electrically active sun, and I'm beggining to think much of it is driven by hydrogen/protons being freed up by deep disturbances.
Take a look at the periodic table, groups 14,15 and 16, [14] CH4, SiH4, GeH4, SnH4 and PbH4 are all very reactive and highly exothermic in reaction, and there may be a cascade of reactions with other elements H3[15] H2[16]. Some of the results would be explosive, to say the least, once the pressures off. It may be that the outer core, presumably liquid, has a vast reservoir of Hydrogen/protons in it's platinum group metals, or it may be that the breakdown of nickel to iron in the core is the source. Either way it occured to me that if the core felt the tidal 'tug' of the moon, and moved towards [or away since the heavy metal containing outer core may be much denser] then current may flow from the inner core passing through the outer core triggering a flow of electrons, then protons.
Then I thought perhaps the reason siesmic waves don't pass through the outer core is because it varies in density and is constantly being stirred.
Hope that's a bit more coherent.

ja7tdo

Unread post by ja7tdo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi,

I think there is no core in Earth.
Earth is hollow.
rotation is making by Faraday motor.
motor coil is magma of pacific fire ring.

there is a lot of electrons in Earth.
A magnetic field is created by rotation of the electrons included nearby on its axis.

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:23 am

It may well be hollow, i just can't imagine the mechanics of the process.
The moons centre of gravity is offset towards the Earths, so i'm just thinking the same for the Earth. Whether the solid crystal nickel/iron core is offset closer or further from the moon[?]. Either way i'm not talking about a huge displacement somewhere between 10-100mts, but the end result is the same, the solid core remains permanently off centre aligned with the moon, and may vary a little in it's displacement just as ocean tides vary. Two of the effects of that is, in time, it induces a counter rotation in the core, and a kind of white noise in the pressure waves in the outer core.

katesisco

Unread post by katesisco » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

A stronger BC could lead to a hotter core producing more hydrogen?