retarded molten lava

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nigma46

retarded molten lava

Unread post by nigma46 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 am

Hi all,

My first post. Random idea, the recent volcano event in Hawaii had me thinking about EU stuff as I usually am. I noted that when watching footage of lava spewing out and following a parabola as any gravity subject projectile would, that it seemed to move a lot slower, that is on the way up seemed slower and also on the way down. What I mean is the acceleration seemed less than 9.81 m s-2. At first I thought it must be due to camera zoom and that I was seeing very large chunks of lava flying. But multiple angles were shown and it was not actually filmed from that far away. So I wondered about a possible explanation. Not sure if this makes sense but could the molten lava be taking some kinetic energy (KE) on the way up and gravitation potential energy (GPE) on the way down to rearrange its crystal domains ("magnetic domains") to conform to the earth’s electric/magnetic field? I'm thinking of course not in terms of KE and GPE but that gravity is electrical somehow and so the cause of the slow movement is that part of the electrical energy is going into the rearrangement of the magnetic domains. Is this plausible?

It would mean that if an object of the same mass that did not have any molten crystal domains to rearrange were compared, it would not reach as high as the molten lava as the full use of the gravitational force is going into retarding its motion upward. Another way of looking at it is, the lava to me appeared as if it would on a body other than earth where the gravity is weaker, like the moon.

seasmith

Re: retarded molten lava

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 am

nigma46 wrote:Hi all.
It would mean that if an object of the same mass that did not have any molten crystal domains to rearrange were compared, it would not reach as high as the molten lava as the full use of the gravitational force is going into retarding its motion upward. Another way of looking at it is, the lava to me appeared as if it would on a body other than earth where the gravity is weaker, like the moon.
Greetings nigma46,
The explanation could be simple hydrodynamic physics, in a word, viscosity.
When a solid becomes molten, crystal domains are obliterated as well as magnetic domains, and while the magma is still being thrust upward there is really no chance for reorganization.
Its viscidity lends a slow-motion effect to the trajectory.
You are right on with the correlation between gravity and electricity, but compared to the thermal and molecular effects involved, any magnetic influence is probably insignificant in that time frame.
imo.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:47 am

could be something to this..depending on the ionization state, lava may be a partial plasma and would theoretically respond different to gravity than a solid rock. Although the mainstream says lava is rock and liquid only, but i think they are wrong, just ejected lava could have hotter core or double layer surrounding it, ions/electrons are around it, and in it and some might be free... scientist need to be willing to contemplate this...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ioD6UOQqcyA/S ... a+Rica.jpg

cant img the picture..

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm

~
"Ions/electrons around it" for sure, but as a "plasma" the magma (before being ejected or bleeding out) is more akin to blood plasma, than just some electrolytic mineral soup.
again imo