Galen Winsor & Safe Nuclear Power Plants

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jtb

Galen Winsor & Safe Nuclear Power Plants

Unread post by jtb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:56 am

Galen Winsor claims that small, mass produced nuclear power plants are safe and inexpensive to provide electrical service to communities at a fraction of the cost of the present national electrical grid system. It would also prevent regional blackouts.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=32355.0 "Galen Winsor [4 June 1926 to 19 July 2008] is a nuclear physicist of renown who worked at, and helped design, nuclear power plants in Hanford, WA; Oak Ridge, TN; Morris, IL, San Jose, CA; Wimington, NJ. Among his positions of expertise he was in charge of measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory and storage.

Galen Winsor has traveled and lectured all over America, spoken on national talk radio, and made several videos exposing the misunderstood issues of nuclear radiation. He shows that fear of radiation has been exaggerated to scare people … so a few powerful people can maintain total control of the world’s most valuable power resource. Filmed by Ben Williams in 1986."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROAO1saHEvs At 1: 4: 40, Winsor claims he met with the Reagan Administration Senate Legal Staff for 1.5 hours and was told that industry preferred the present nuclear legislation.

MerLynn

Re: Galen Winsor & Safe Nuclear Power Plants

Unread post by MerLynn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Using the word "safe" and "nuclear" in the same sentence is a Cognitive Dissonance State.

The earth as an Electro magnetic structure is affected by any sized field interruption device no matter how small and Particle theorists have NO understanding of the impact on magnetic fields.

The extinction event Fukushima has been ignored by the mass programmers to continue this absurd promotion of 'safe nuclear' anything....

Finally

http://video.foxnews.com/v/531577770300 ... show-clips

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:23 pm

The pro-nuclear lobby never mention the problem of decommissioning the plants. Unless it has changed in the last few years, no nuclear plant anywhere has ever been fully decommissioned.
Power blackouts in the US and Canada are due to the grid not the source of the electricity.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:36 am

jtb wrote:Galen Winsor claims that small, mass produced nuclear power plants are safe and inexpensive to provide electrical service to communities at a fraction of the cost of the present national electrical grid system.
Canada is the only country to have pursued alternative nuclear designs, which are smaller and safer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

I believe that all other nuclear power plants were not really built to supply electricty, but for the manufacture of nuclear weapons. Also the military favoured designs that would make nuclear powered submarines possible, I forget the reasons, but this was a major factor that took nulcear power research down a particular path that was not the right one for civilian use.

I don't have any doubt that much safer designs are possible. Unfortunately nuclear research is so expensive that it requires a country to fund it, and that means politics is always going to get in the way.

Nuclear power is 'dangerous' because it leads to nuclear weapons, therefore it must be controlled and kept in the hands of the powerfull. Very convenient, given that we will soon need an alternative power source once the "fossil" fuels run out.

No-one has invented the electric fighter jet yet, so the USA must still control the worlds oil supply in order to retain air superiority.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:00 am

The Guardian's take on the radiation levels story:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... 1-meltdown
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:56 am

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... ction=view A shorter 24 minute video of Galen Winsor sometime before 1986.

http://mileswmathis.com/trinity.pdf Miles Mathis also has a paper questioning America:s nuclear program published in January, 2016.

If all this is true, I hope America doesn:t use the danger of nuclear weapons as an excuse to attack Iran.

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:17 am

Grey Cloud wrote:The Guardian's take on the radiation levels story:
High radiation levels inside a containment vessel is news at The Guardian these days?

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:24 am

Aardwolf wrote:
Grey Cloud wrote:The Guardian's take on the radiation levels story:
High radiation levels inside a containment vessel is news at The Guardian these days?
Don't know, I only read newspapers for the footie coverage. If you read the article you will see it is a correction to a previous article. The original failed to mention that the higher levels of radiation were due to the probe thing being in the containment vessel or at least deeper into the plant. The Fox news piece doesn't either, does it?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm

What's puzzling to me is why we had photos of the Chernobyl "elephants foot" less than 6 months after the event, but no photos after nearly 6 years of the Fukushima cores or reactor vessels. You only need to be a few feet from the melted core to be able to safely remain for a few minutes, maybe they should get the Russians with their cameras to do the photography?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:31 am

but no photos after nearly 6 years of the Fukushima cores or reactor vessels.
Underwater robot finds 'lost uranium fuel rod' in Fukushima nuclear power plant radioactive mess
Photographs and video footage captured by a remote-controlled camera show black lumps on a grate under the reactor's pressure vessel. The lumps were not present before the earthquake.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... um-9727267

No big pile of corium, maybe it ran down a drain?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Galen demonstrates how safe uranium is by swallowing a piece. He also says that radon contamination is a hoax.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:19 pm

jtb wrote:Galen demonstrates how safe uranium is by swallowing a piece. He also says that radon contamination is a hoax.
A hoax? To what end?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:36 pm

jtb wrote:
Galen demonstrates how safe uranium is by swallowing a piece. He also says that radon contamination is a hoax.
Grey Cloud wrote:A hoax? To what end?
How much will you pay to eliminate a perceived threat to your health or your life? $$$$

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

jtb wrote:jtb wrote:
Grey Cloud wrote:A hoax? To what end?
How much will you pay to eliminate a perceived threat to your health or your life? $$$$
Radon occurs naturally. There is a mine or mines in Derbyshire which is/are famous for it. As far as I'm aware noboby is charging for a cure. People just stay away.
How do you know he swallowed uranium? Was it done before credible expert witnesses?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm

jtb wrote:Galen demonstrates how safe uranium is by swallowing a piece. He also says that radon contamination is a hoax.
If instant coffee were found in a nuclear reactor it would have to be disposed of as radioactive waste, sealed in a block of concrete and buried under ground. That is not to say that instant coffee is hugely radioactive, that is just the lengths to which handling radioactive waste safely is taken.

If he ate uranium he would be dead. He probably ate some low grade waste that was no more radioactive than instant coffee.