Electric effects on vegetable oil

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

AltClut

Electric effects on vegetable oil

Unread post by AltClut » Fri May 04, 2018 8:15 am

This covers a number of topics discussed on this board, Moderators please feel free to move this thread if you feel it should be somewhere else on the board.

I discovered this account on Youtube - Kreosan - wher the guy plays around with electricity in various, unadvisable, ways.

His latest upload really caught my attention - Oil Under High Voltage! where he plays around with the effects of electricity on cups and bowls of vegetable oil.

I've seen Gerald Pollack produce a water bridge using electricity, but the effect on oil is something else entirely with jets (for want of a better term) of oil being produced by the applied current:

The spilled oil also seems to want to climb back up the sides and into the container

He also produces an electric wind:

In addition to dune and rille formations he produces waves in his bowl of oil. At one point he places his electrode under the oil which then discharges at the bottom of the bowl producing a small tsunami

A very interesting little video, well worth a look.