Does light slow or fast near the Sun?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

crawler

Does light slow or fast near the Sun?

Unread post by crawler » Tue May 07, 2019 4:48 am

The solar corona plasma etc acts like a gas & slows light similarly to air water glass. But ignoring that, does light heading for the Sun slow or fast as it gets nearer? I am thinking neither -- the speed does not change.

Firstly if aether accelerates as it flows into the Sun (where aether is annihilated), then the aether might be going at 617 kmps as it hits the Sun (617 kmps is the Sun's escape velocity). Light propagates at c kmps in the aether (300,000 kmps)(in vacuum)(if not near mass). Thusly the 617 kmps of going plus the 300,000 kmps of propagation adds to 300,617 kmps.

Secondly Einstein said that the speed of light c kmps slows to c' kmps near mass, the slowing being in accordance with the equation for gamma, based on V in the VV/cc in that equation being the escape velocity which at the Sun is 617 kmps, & gamma is 0.999 997 885, & c is reduced by 634 kmps becoming 299,366 kmps.

The nett result is a slowing of 17 kmps.
Actually i expected a nett slowing of 00 kmps, so that 17 kmps difference might be an error (i will have a think).
Anyhow the speed does not change, nearnuff. If all of the postulates etc are true.

Webbman

Re: Does light slow or fast near the Sun?

Unread post by Webbman » Tue May 07, 2019 10:40 am

my view is that light is a function of impedance. In this case the impedance is matter, other electromagnetics and of course my base electromagnetic strand soup. All these things compose the aether.

when density is high speed is slow. When density is low speed is fast. i.e it will go as fast a its environment will allow it to. In the high density solar system=slow, in the low interstellar spaces = fast. Some things might very well be closer than they appear.

its no coincidence that the shape of my light is a corkscrew/ helical structure which is perfect for pushing things out of the way aka a drill.

the reason why it can persevere is that it is a circuit and can thus steal energy from its surroundings unless it hits something that takes its energy. Its a two way street.
its all lies.

crawler

Re: Does light slow or fast near the Sun?

Unread post by crawler » Tue May 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Webbman wrote:my view is that light is a function of impedance. In this case the impedance is matter, other electromagnetics and of course my base electromagnetic strand soup. All these things compose the aether.

when density is high speed is slow. When density is low speed is fast. i.e it will go as fast a its environment will allow it to. In the high density solar system=slow, in the low interstellar spaces = fast. Some things might very well be closer than they appear.

its no coincidence that the shape of my light is a corkscrew/ helical structure which is perfect for pushing things out of the way aka a drill.

the reason why it can persevere is that it is a circuit and can thus steal energy from its surroundings unless it hits something that takes its energy. Its a two way street.
I like the helical corkscrew drill shape & the pushing. And i like the impedance is matter. I like the "other electromagnetics". I like the electromagnetic soup. All of that can fit ok in my question & answer.

However my aether is different to yours. My aether is a subquantum excitation of subquantum praether (which is the fundamental essence). Whereas your soupy aether etc is/are quantum.

My impedance to the speed of light is 100% electromagnetic, everywhere, at all times. This impedance is strong in mass (eg plasma gas water glass) due to the proximity, & is weak near mass due to the distance.

I mentioned Einstein's slowing of light near mass. I reckon that this slowing is Einstein's main contribution to science, albeit due to his wrong underlying theory. However Einstein's theory that the slowing is related to the escape velocity sounds ok to me (numerically speaking), alltho the physical connection might appear obscure, anyhow its a good starting point. I think that measured Shapiro Delays proov that the numbers are ok.

All slowing of light is i reckon due to photaeno-drag. I have explained photaeno-drag in other threads.
This present thread is merely to extend my photaeno-drag ideas to introduce a related accidental quirk, that the nearness of mass doesnt appear to affect the speed of light, because the aetheric acceleration-to is cancelled by the photaeno-drag.

This quirk is a local effect. Shapiro gets his delays for signals from the far side of the Sun because non-locally (for an observer on Earth) the aetheric acceleration-to on approach to the Sun is (allmost exactly) cancelled by the acceleration-to on departure, leaving just the photaeno-drag on approach plus the photaeno-drag on departure.