Aether Battery Iron Sun Theory

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

CharlesChandler

Re: Aether Battery Iron Sun Theory

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 am

upriver wrote:If there is a supercritical fluid spectrum that shows blackbody instead of continuum, I would be convinced...
Here is one example. With increasing pressure, argon no longer emits spectral lines from electron uptake, and all you're left with is the blackbody radiation...
SupercriticalBlackBody.png
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Charles, what's the source for your graph? Are there graphs for other elements too?

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:32 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:
upriver wrote:If there is a supercritical fluid spectrum that shows blackbody instead of continuum, I would be convinced...
Here is one example. With increasing pressure, argon no longer emits spectral lines from electron uptake, and all you're left with is the blackbody radiation...
SupercriticalBlackBody.png

That looks like a spectrum from a Sonoluminescence paper...

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:01 pm

upriver wrote:That looks like a spectrum from a Sonoluminescence paper...
Yes, I got that one from you a few years back. ;) I thought that I had the full paper, to answer Lloyd's question, but I haven't found it yet.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:22 pm

"Argon Flash" has some of the info mentioned and the page has 6 references at the bottom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argon_flash
The device consists of a vessel filled with argon and a solid explosive charge. The explosion generates a shock wave, which heats the gas to very high temperature (over 104 K; published values vary between 15,000 K to 30,000 K with the best values around 25,000 K[1]). The gas becomes incandescent and emits a flash of intense visible and ultraviolet black body radiation. The emission for the temperature range is highest between 97–193 nm, but usually only the visible and near-ultraviolet ranges are exploited.
- To achieve emission, the layer of at least one or two optical depths of the gas has to be compressed to sufficient temperature. The light intensity rises to full magnitude in about 0.1 microsecond. For about 0.5 microsecond the shock wave front instabilities are sufficient to create significant striations in the produced light; this effect diminishes as the thickness of the compressed layer increases. Only about 75 micrometers thick layer of the gas is responsible for the light emission. The shock wave reflects after reaching the window at the end of the tube; this yields a short increase of light intensity. The intensity then fades [1]

Another paper is Light in Thermal Environments at http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi. ... 028475.pdf.
... Sonoluminescence
... Burning of Methane in Supercritical Water
... The properties of water and aqueous sodium chloride solutions in the near- and supercritical regions may in fact be highly relevant to processes occurring at the vents or in the chimneys.
... Vent fluids contain significant and variable amounts of methane and carbon dioxide. Both these compounds in the pure state are supercritical at temperature and pressure conditions typical seafloor vents.

The abstract for a paper called Sonoluminescence: nature’s smallest blackbody at https://www.osapublishing.org/ol/abstra ... 5#Abstract says this.
The transduction of sound into light through the implosion of a bubble of gas leads to a flash of light whose duration is delineated in picoseconds. Combined measurements of spectral irradiance, Mie scattering, and flash width (as determined by time-correlated single-photon counting) suggest that sonoluminescence from hydrogen and noble-gas bubbles is radiation from a blackbody with temperatures ranging from 6000 K(H2) to 20,000  K  (He) and a surface of emission whose radius ranges from 0.1 microns (He) to 0.4 microns (Xe). The state of matter that would admit photon–matter equilibrium under such conditions is a mystery.
Last edited by Lloyd on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:
upriver wrote:That looks like a spectrum from a Sonoluminescence paper...
Yes, I got that one from you a few years back. ;) I thought that I had the full paper, to answer Lloyd's question, but I haven't found it yet.
Here ya go... I know most of the people in the field of Sonoluminescence...
http://www.scs.illinois.edu/suslick/pre ... y_0505.pdf

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Sun May 01, 2016 1:30 am

@Lloyd: Those are good references -- thanks! It will take me a while to sift through them...

Volcanoes

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 am

while I agree that the sun is the generator of electrons from the aether (and everything else) I must note that the simplest observation would be that the electrons and aether are basically the same structure, the only difference is that the electron is a loop and the aether is a strand. The difference between electricity/light and heat.

so really the sun just connects the strands to form the loops. The sun is really just a large concentration of strands in their various forms and given its extreme mass I don't believe a large amount of current is required to sustain it.

I also imagine the iron cores are really births and any core can aspire to become a sun if it can gain sufficient mass and draw current from the galaxy.
its all lies.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun May 01, 2016 6:39 am

By the way, where the abstract in my previous post said, sonoluminescence from hydrogen and noble-gas bubbles is radiation from a blackbody with temperatures ranging from 6000 K (H2) to 20,000  K  (He), wouldn't both gases actually be ionized? Thus hydrogen, H2, would actually just be protons, wouldn't it? And would He be He+?

Thanks for the link, Brant. I notice Charles' graph comes from the section of the paper called, Evidence for a Plasma Inside a Sonoluminescing Bubble. The paper doesn't seem to discuss supercritical fluids, but it uses the word "blackbody" 5 times. Are you still working with the same lab near Sacramento that does sonoluminescence studies?

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Sun May 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Lloyd wrote:By the way, where the abstract in my previous post said, sonoluminescence from hydrogen and noble-gas bubbles is radiation from a blackbody with temperatures ranging from 6000 K (H2) to 20,000  K  (He), wouldn't both gases actually be ionized? Thus hydrogen, H2, would actually just be protons, wouldn't it? And would He be He+?

Thanks for the link, Brant. I notice Charles' graph comes from the section of the paper called, Evidence for a Plasma Inside a Sonoluminescing Bubble. The paper doesn't seem to discuss supercritical fluids, but it uses the word "blackbody" 5 times. Are you still working with the same lab near Sacramento that does sonoluminescence studies?
I no longer work for them. Those were some great times. I had the best mentors(Acousticians Felipe Gaitan, Robert Hiller and Larry Crum) and did many amazing experiments...
But now I work for a software company, Telestream.net working on the amazing Vantage® product.

I had to go back and review some of the things that I have said and check my assertions about black bodies...

I came up with the notion the BB emission only comes from solid after talking with Dr Ott at NIST about his high pressure arc discharge experiments, and looking at many SL spectrum's as well as taking many spectrum's under differing condition's... I'm pretty sure that is my original work. I just am not mathematically inclined enough to prove it.. I wish I knew someone that could collaborate on this and do the math part.....

When we look at something like a star with a BB of say 20,000K, how could that be possible if I claim that BB radiation only comes from solids...

The answer is found in the transition from the discharge on the solid surface to a coronal plasma. At the solid surface the temperature is going to be below the melting point of the material. As the discharge transitions into a plasma the apparent BB temperature climbs because you are measuring the temperature of a solid that is transitioning into a plasma. I think it depends on the opacity as well as the strength of the discharge...

The larger the discharge, i.e. the more surface it covers, the higher the apparent temperature? Charles is that correct??

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Sun May 01, 2016 8:14 pm

upriver wrote:The larger the discharge, i.e. the more surface it covers, the higher the apparent temperature?
It's more complicated than that, especially as the discharge progresses. The charged particles are rapidly accelerated once the resistance starts breaking down. Collisions inside the discharge channel become violent, and the channel is cleared of all remaining particles. This removes the remaining resistance. Electrons in terrestrial lightning are accelerated to 10% of the speed of light in less than 1/1000 of a second, in a channel less than 10 cm in diameter. Approaching the speed of light, the magnetic pinch further consolidates the charge stream. So the discharge channel isn't large. But the footpoints at both ends can be large, where the main trunk branches into the surrounding medium (like a Lichtenberg Figure).

The temperature during a terrestrial lightning is around 2500 degrees C, but the highest temperature occurs after the discharge, when the channel collapses, creating sonoluminescence along the axis of the channel. Then the temp jumps up to 25,000 degrees C. This is what causes thunder.

I'm not sure exactly what physical processes you're including, in the transition from a solid to a plasma, but all of that has to be specified.

Listening to you talk, I got to thinking about whether or not I could quantify my model. I'm thinking that stellar BB rad is coming just from Brownian motion in supercritical hydrogen. EM radiation is created simply by the vibration of charged particles. In a solid, the crystal lattice makes for rapid oscillations, because the atoms can't get very far before the covalent bonds yank them back. In gases and plasmas, you could theoretically get the same effect just from atoms bouncing off each other, but typically, the mean free path is so great that oscillations would produce very low frequency photons, and nobody's looking for those. But in a supercritical fluid, the shorter mean free path means faster oscillations, which could get them up into the detectable range.

If I knew the absolute velocity of a 6000 K hydrogen atom, I could calculate how short the mean free path would have to be, in order to get oscillations at the frequency of 6000 K BB radiation. :?

Volcanoes

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun May 01, 2016 9:08 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:If I knew the absolute velocity of a 6000 K hydrogen atom, I could calculate how short the mean free path would have to be, in order to get oscillations at the frequency of 6000 K BB radiation. :?
As I asked earlier, are there really hydrogen atoms in the photosphere? Or are they mostly protons? I thought almost everything at that temperature is ionized.

Could the velocity be between 1 and 2 km/sec as it says here?
Google Book: The Structure of the Quiet Photosphere and the Low Chromosphere [1967?]
... The Bilderberg Model of the Photosphere and Low Chromosphere
... Abstract:
... Much divergence remains in the interpretation of line-profile observations with regard to the establishment of a photospheric model (Section 4). It proved to be as yet impossible to obtain reliable information on the variation with depth of the following functions: temperature fluctuations, turbulence velocities, convective velocities, and vibrational velocity amplitudes (Section 5). Provisionally, it is assumed that v'macro = 2 km/sec and v'micro = 1 km/sec, isotropic and independent of depth.

On this webpage https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 622AA7WyuZ 3 people seem to get 12 km/sec as H velocity in the photosphere, but one of them says a book says it's 1.2 km/sec.

This forum post https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/8180 ... alculation says: "hydrogen atoms in the photosphere of a star have random velocities of 18.0 x10^3 m/s", which is 18 km/sec.

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:
If I knew the absolute velocity of a 6000 K hydrogen atom, I could calculate how short the mean free path would have to be, in order to get oscillations at the frequency of 6000 K BB radiation. :?
Check this out... I searched "miles per hour per electron volt" Supposedly the photosphere has a temperature of about .6 eV...

"TeV

A TeV is a unit of energy used in particle physics. 1 TeV is about the energy of motion of a flying mosquito. What makes the LHC so extraordinary is that it squeezes energy into a space about a million million times smaller than a mosquito.

TeV stands for tera electron Volts. That is 1,000,000,000,000 electron Volts or 1012 electron Volts. [tera - f. Gr.{tau}{geacu}{rho}{alpha}{fsigma} monster.]

An electron volt is an unit of energy, particularly used in atomic and nuclear processes. It is the energy given to an electron by accelerating it through 1 volt of electric potential difference.

The abbreviation for electron volt is eV.
Energies in electron volts

An adult female mosquito weighs only about 2.0 milligrams (about 1/15,000 ounce).

1 eV = 1.6 x 10-19 Joules

1 TeV = 1.6 x 10-19 x 1012 Joules = 1.6 x 10-7 Joules

1/2 m v2 = 1.6 x 10-7 Joules, m = 2 x 10-6 kg therefore v = 0.4 m/s = 1.4 kph
Apparently Mosquitoes can fly about 1 to 1.5 miles per hour. 1 mph = 1.6 kph so our mosquito is a little slow, but the comparison is a good one."

http://lhc-machine-outreach.web.cern.ch ... ossary.htm

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Mon May 02, 2016 1:44 am

Lloyd wrote:As I asked earlier, are there really hydrogen atoms in the photosphere? Or are they mostly protons? I thought almost everything at that temperature is ionized.
If you believe Robitaille, the hydrogen is all in a graphene-like lattice, but I think that it's all mono-atomic (non-molecular).
Lloyd wrote:Could the velocity be...
I'm getting 13,428 km/s. That's based on a speed of sound in 6000 K hydrogen of 8,326 km/s. Then the absolute particle velocity is that divided by .62, which is the constant that relates particle velocity to speed of sound. (Due to randomization in the particle motion, sound travels that much slower than the actual particle velocity.)

Volcanoes

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:If you believe Robitaille, the hydrogen is all in a graphene-like lattice, but I think that it's all mono-atomic (non-molecular).
... I'm getting 13,428 km/s. That's based on a speed of sound in 6000 K hydrogen of 8,326 km/s. Then the absolute particle velocity is that divided by .62, which is the constant that relates particle velocity to speed of sound. (Due to randomization in the particle motion, sound travels that much slower than the actual particle velocity.)
You can say monatomic. As I said in the Most Thorough Model thread a Wikipedia article shows this:
Comparison of Gases, Supercritical Fluids and Liquids[2]
(a) Density (kg/m^3); (b) Viscosity (µPa∙s); (c) Diffusivity (mm²/s)
Gases
(a) 1; (b) 10; (c) 1–10
Supercritical Fluids
(a) 100–1000; (b) 50–100; (c) 0.01–0.1
Liquids
(a) 1000; (b) 500–1000; (c) 0.001

- So supercritical fluids are said to have a density of 100–1000 kg/m^3. So is it the density that prevents the electrons from vibrating loose from the graphene-like lattice?
- What kind of velocity of hydrogen are you finding? Is it vibrational velocity? I thought that was what I had found above, but your figure is a thousand times higher. What kind of velocity had I found and how did you get yours? After all, the elements generally don't leave the Sun. They mostly just bounce around in the mean free paths.