Smoke and Mirrors, thermonuclear function powers the sun

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Smoke and Mirrors, thermonuclear function powers the sun

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm

You know I get so tired of them talking of their "theory" like it is "fact"...that I had to make this post.

SMOKEY PROMINENCE: Where there's smoke, there's fire--except on the sun where there is neither. The fiery appearance of the sun comes not from combustion but rather from nuclear fusion, and without fire there is no smoke.

Or is there? Consider this movie made earlier today by Yvan Trembley of Villepreux, France:
http://spaceweather.com/swpod2008/18jun ... bpohco4c52

"I recorded the view through my Coronado SolarMax90," says Trembley. It seems to show a plume of smoke swirling up from the inferno below. In fact, it is a planet-sized wisp of solar hydrogen caught in the grip of an unwinding magnetic field--a solar prominence masquerading as smoke.

The eastern edge of the sun, where Trembley pointed his telescope, has been alive with this kind of activity all week. Got a solar filter? Monitoring is encouraged.

http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?vie ... &year=2008
Any possible chance it might be a Z Pinch with transformer action? Any chance at all?
The Sun's Energy Source
Firstly, though the sun is almost wholly composed of hydrogen atoms which no doubt have the relevant equilibrium mix of protons and deuterons, I do not see ‘cold fusion' as a process that heats the sun. My book makes it clear that hot fusion requiring a core temperature of a hundred million degrees is out of the question. It is impossible because the sun is ionized which means that its gravitation, almost wholly that between protons which account for most of the sun's mass, must set up a positive electric charge in the sun that precludes its compaction. I was pleased, after my book was published, to be informed by the U.S. publishers of a book by Donald E. Scott entitled The Electric Sky bearing the caption A Challenge to the Myths of Modern Astronomy that I was not alone in having recognized this fact. However, I was somewhat perplexed when finalizing this account on 3rd May 2007 upon reading in the U.K. newpaper, The Times an obituary of Professor Carl Friedrich Weizsacher, which declared that:

'He was best known for his solution to the fundamental problem of astrophysics: how stars can radiate immense amounts of energy for billions of years. In 1938 he suggested that the energy comes from a chain of nuclear fusion reactions that is possible because of the high temperatures and pressures found in the dense central cores of stars.'

One can but wonder how Weizsacher had measured the pressure and temperature at the centre of a star, if he was not just basing such presumption concerning pressure and temperature on the assumption that they were necessary to trigger a fusion reaction. Surely here is a 'myth' of modern astronomy.

http://www.aspden.org/
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

junglelord

Re: Smoke and Mirrors, thermonuclear function powers the sun

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord