Isn't Canis Major a gigant plasma discharge ?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ThunderCat

Isn't Canis Major a gigant plasma discharge ?

Unread post by ThunderCat » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:36 am

Hi all,
I as walking and looking at the southtern sky by night , as usually i do, and was thinking about the pictures that the old ones printed into the caves walls, and when i was thinking abouth that i have looked to Canis Major constelation and realised that it's draw remembers a lot a plasma discharge, has anhbody else realised that ? Could into old ages that gigant discharge be active ? And could be Canis Major the draws we see into caves ? Just a Mad idea !
Canis Major :
Plasma Discharge, look at that one into Spain.

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Isn't Canis Major a gigant plasma discharge ?

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:04 am

Welcome Thundercat,
I guess that there is some language translation difficulties here, but I think I get the idea of what you are saying. I know it is not easy dealing with complex subjects in a foreign language, pardon me if I have misunderstood your point.
But, I would like to weigh in on your post. It seems to me that we are dealing with two different things, apples and oranges, so to speak.
The plasma instabilities displayed, according to my understanding, formed a fantastic imagery in the sky and were recorded by human witnesses in petroglyphs (rock carvings) and pictographs (rock paintings.) As such, it is more likely that the heavenly bodies causing these effects were located in Earth's plasma neighborhood, that is, within the solar system. Distances would have been measured in thousands of miles and not stellar (many light years) distances.
The constellation of Canis Major, is an assemblage of stars at varying distances, but all are many light years away from us and from each other. It is in effect, a chance arrangement of stars as seen from Earth, that only appear to be close together from our perspective.
Also, keep in mind that the diagram of Canis Major has connecting lines and a drawing which are not really up in the sky. Basically, it is a random collection of stars, to the human eye, with no guarantees that independent observers in other parts of the world would connect the stars with lines in the same way to form the same images (as in Peratt's plasma instabilities) that display the same features (as in experimental simulations) and consistently appear in rock art around the world.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/ ... ck-art.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... ck-art.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... a-rock.htm

Nick