speed of gravity

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Solar

Re: speed of gravity

Unread post by Solar » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 pm

kell1990 wrote:Let me try this another way. Suppose that the entire universe was composed of either a) particles [or a conglomeration of particles] or b) a field [an area that is has the property imposed on it by its inhabitants.]

Now we are left with two things: particles and fields.

Particles make up the mass of the universe, which as can nearly be determined make up about 4% of the known universe. The particles exude gravity, one of the two remaining forces in the universe. The mass of the particles cause gravity.

On the other hand, if it's an electrical field, which makes up about 96% of the universe, then the rest of the universe must be made up of this force. It is caused by the charge of the particles. The origin of this charge is a mystery to me. But this force can take many forms, as has been demonstrated here on Thunderbolts.com. The twisting forces that winds throughout the universe, which stretch and twist for light-years through the heavens, are all part of a field that is instituted by particles.

The yin and the yang are probably the closest description we have to reality that works.
Whether as Yin an Yang, or particles and fields there seems to be an inability to fathom Motion without 'Something' which Moves.The big bang "singularity" amidst a field of some sort is basically that applied to the Cosmos. So this 'sense' of duality has endured through the ages despite expression. I don't doubt that there are several member here who find older expressions more palatable. I do.

The concept of "attraction" and "repulsion" are derived from a source which today's scientism would surely reject. Likewise, Chemistry is extracted of Alchemy, Cosmology is extracted of Astrology - as known. Yet, for some odd reason modern thinking and its tool set seems to think it has a better understanding of the things it only reiterates under different terms and concepts. The origin of the forces (charge etc) are still just as mysterious to the whole of todays physics as well.

Fields become particles and particles emit fields. Linear thinking ponders which came first. I find that question to be ill-put. Again, to me, its akin to trying to find the beginning of the unbroken Circle which encloses, and unifies, both Yin and Yang (aka negative and positive). You're correct imho; sometimes you just have to relax about it all and appreciate The Circle (The Whole) in ways different as opposed to trying to enumerate, categorize, detect, quantify, and figure out how the variety of manifestations are derived and 'fit' together. Humanity's remarkably steady quest for understanding has produced lots of talking, descriptions, explanations, ideas, theories, treatises and book - after book - after book the world over.

The brief list of Aether, and/or Aether-type, theories mentioned earlier is to show that NO ONE, not even dear Mr. Einstein, will ever rid humanity of this intrinsic concept howsoever it has been expressed, or will become expressed through science.

Good on you. ;)
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:15 am

Gravity would have to be something to have a speed and this is false. No gravity waves/particles and thus no speed.

the whole idea of gravity is that energy tries to reach equilibrium with its surroundings. For us the earth is a giant insatable sink for energy.

Aetherically speaking there is no separation between the earth and space, considering matter as dense structured aetheric strands it just gets thinner and thinner but it never really ends. These strands interact and exchange energy by bumping (and alignment) since they cannot go through.

Spinning this thing then causes all manner of kinetic interactions on the aetheric level which serves to transmit the energy encountered towards the largest regional sink which is the earth. Pretty much an aetheric mass vortex that tries to sort everything by density.

your not falling down as much as your energy is being directed to the largest sink in the area trying to reach equilibrium.

gravity speed=0. Just because something doesn't look like its in direct contact with something doesn't mean that is true. There are many things we cant see. The electric "field" (really alignment) is proof of this.
its all lies.

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Webbman wrote:Gravity would have to be something to have a speed and this is false. No gravity waves/particles and thus no speed.

the whole idea of gravity is that energy tries to reach equilibrium with its surroundings. For us the earth is a giant insatable sink for energy.

Aetherically speaking there is no separation between the earth and space, considering matter as dense structured aetheric strands it just gets thinner and thinner but it never really ends. These strands interact and exchange energy by bumping (and alignment) since they cannot go through.

Spinning this thing then causes all manner of kinetic interactions on the aetheric level which serves to transmit the energy encountered towards the largest regional sink which is the earth. Pretty much an aetheric mass vortex that tries to sort everything by density.

your not falling down as much as your energy is being directed to the largest sink in the area trying to reach equilibrium.

gravity speed=0. Just because something doesn't look like its in direct contact with something doesn't mean that is true. There are many things we cant see. The electric "field" (really alignment) is proof of this.
What is the speed of the impulse??

How long does the change(in gravity) take to propagate from object A to object B??

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:19 pm

speed of the electric force aka the time it takes to translate a kinetic wave pattern through an electromagnetic strand.

the slow ride (tranverse wave)
the fast ride (pressure wave)

gravity is a secondary effect. going with the flow. The flow itself is the effect.
its all lies.

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Webbman wrote:speed of the electric force aka the time it takes to translate a kinetic wave pattern through an electromagnetic strand.

the slow ride (tranverse wave)
the fast ride (pressure wave)

gravity is a secondary effect. going with the flow. The flow itself is the effect.
I would now break it up differently...

"the slow ride (tranverse wave)" is a wave that is confined/travels in normal space. Light speed.
"the fast ride (pressure wave)"/Longitudinal wave travels/is confined to kinetic space/subspace. Superluminal.
The speed of any type of wave is a function of its medium....

One type of electrical "wave"(traverse) travels in normal space, and one type of electrical wave(Longitudinal), and gravity, travel in kinetic space...

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 am

I tend to think there is only one space, which is really just low density stranding, and that like you need alignment for magnetism and electricity you also need alignment for pressure/longditudal wave functions. Or at least they go hand in hand.

so if you have an electrical current flow, the electric field resulting is a lognditudal wave function of that. The strands literally line up around the charge. They were always there. They just weren't aligned. That's why the electric force is magnitudes faster than light ( electron in a vectored transverse torsioned wave pattern mode).
its all lies.

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Webbman wrote:I tend to think there is only one space, which is really just low density stranding, and that like you need alignment for magnetism and electricity you also need alignment for pressure/longditudal wave functions. Or at least they go hand in hand.

so if you have an electrical current flow, the electric field resulting is a lognditudal wave function of that. The strands literally line up around the charge. They were always there. They just weren't aligned. That's why the electric force is magnitudes faster than light ( electron in a vectored transverse torsioned wave pattern mode).
Brant
The issue is that you cant go Superluminal in inertial(normal) space. Experimental results. Mass reaches 2x at .87c.
Thats why I had to add a massless Kinetic/Subspace to the model.
You need to have "massless" space to go superluminal. If neutrinos have mass they cant carry signals at superluminal speeds, I tend to think of Neutrinos as similar to photons. They have zero rest mass but have inertial mass when accelerated.
Unless you can show the Tunneling and entanglement take place in normal space then we need the "Hidden Variable"......

LunarSabbathTruth

Unread post by LunarSabbathTruth » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:52 am

upriver wrote:
Webbman wrote:I tend to think there is only one space, which is really just low density stranding, and that like you need alignment for magnetism and electricity you also need alignment for pressure/longditudal wave functions. Or at least they go hand in hand.

Brant
The issue is that you cant go Superluminal in inertial(normal) space. Experimental results. Mass reaches 2x at .87c.
Thats why I had to add a massless Kinetic/Subspace to the model.
You need to have "massless" space to go superluminal. If neutrinos have mass they cant carry signals at superluminal speeds, I tend to think of Neutrinos as similar to photons. They have zero rest mass but have inertial mass when accelerated.
Unless you can show the Tunneling and entanglement take place in normal space then we need the "Hidden Variable"......
"... Experimental results. Mass reaches 2x at .87c. ..."

And how has such a thing been measured?

- joe

kell1990

Unread post by kell1990 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Let's try this for a third time. The gravitational and the electric fields permeate the entire universe. They aren't "going" anywhere, therefore they can't have a speed.

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 pm

kell1990 wrote:Let's try this for a third time. The gravitational and the electric fields permeate the entire universe. They aren't "going" anywhere, therefore they can't have a speed.
But any medium will have a wave propagation speed, like the difference in the speed of sound through air or water. Tom Van Flandern posited an imaginary universe with an "aether" similar to air at sea level. In this medium, a prop-driven airplane (in level flight) could approach closer and closer to the speed of sound, yet never match or exceed that speed because it is limited by the wave propagation speed of that medium against which its props drive. It would be very similar to the "infinite mass" in Einsteinian Relativity. There may be phenomena faster than the speed of sound, but that does not guarantee aircraft designers will ever break the sound barrier (until they invent rockets and jets).
LunarSabbathTruth wrote:"... Experimental results. Mass reaches 2x at .87c. ..."

Good question. You have to start by defining inertia—is it distinct from mass x acceleration, or tied to it?

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Some thoughts:

I guess I'm curious how many of you think that "gravity" is a phase of The Aether and is therefore 'substantial' such that propagates - is in Motion.

Earlier, Nick posted a link to the video that inspired this thread:

At 5:45 the following is put forth:
The connection then between the Sun and the planets should be envisaged as an ether tightrope. In the current EU model the ether of space is understood, as Wal Thornhill describes it, "to consist of a plenum of neutrinos. In our experience a rope may carry a transverse wave caused by moving one end of the rope perhaps from one side to the other, or perhaps up and down. After some time that transverse motion will reach the other end of the rope.

However, if the rope is made of barely extend-able material, and if one end is tugged, that tug will be felt at the other end very much faster, almost by comparison of the time the tug is made.

This comparison may be likened to the relationship between the transmission of light by transverse electromagnetic wave and the very much faster gravitational attraction between two massive bodies.

Electromagnetic radiation is by its nature transverse but gravitational attraction or, indeed if it is so interpreted repulsion, is longitudinal. - Space News: What is the Speed of Gravity?
Longitudinal waves are 'compressional'. That to-and-fro compressional movement is designated by the pink arrow in (this image). They do not form "strands" between celestial bodies; as It moves, interacts, and is absorbed. However, the high vibrational frequency of its to-and-fro compressional nature can be occasionally heard as a high pitched 'shrill', or tone, in the inner ear.
kell1990 wrote:Let's try this for a third time. The gravitational and the electric fields permeate the entire universe. They aren't "going" anywhere, therefore they can't have a speed.
This point, that gravity and electric fields “aren't going anywhere” i.e. that these attributes might not necessarily consist of their own unique Moving substantiality reminds me of Parmenides who basically offered that the various forms of Motion are illusions of the senses. Parmenides was informed that there is only One Existent. Whatsoever the Nature of that One Existent it is said to be “whole and uniform”: “Nor is it divided, since it is all alike.” With ideas such as the permeability, permittivity, gravity, and impedance giving qualities that “permeate the entire universe “, or so called “free space”, these attributes would then be aspects of that One Existent. These are very old debates of course.

In today’s words Zeno may not have liked people poking fun at Parmenides and created paradoxes of Motion etc. Some individuals think Zeno’s efforts were genuine; some think he purposefully trying to tie his opponents into endless knots.

No one knows for sure so I tend to discard any ideas that assert that something both is; and isn’t” such as “particle-wave duality”, nonlocality, probabilistic determinations and all of that kind of thing. Instead, I think these notions speak to the inability of language and concepts to fully describe a condition. In other words The Universe cannot be couched into words. As a result there are these concepts developed that try to establish descriptive relations one to another.

As to whether or not "gravity" is substantial and in Motion consider this: A prism differentiates white light as supposedly being composed of some seven colors. For my taste Matter functions similarly with regard to the One Essence. The various attributes (gravity, magnetism, electric field etc) would then be the effects of Matter functioning as a type of prism. As such, Matter similarly causes differentiations in the Motion - and therefore qualities - of what *might be* the substantiality of One Impelling Force aka The Aether. And yet it simultaneously remains Itself. No paradox.

Think this not odd. The whole of physics is trying to unify the forces. There is an intrinsic, almost ineffable, idea that All Forces, things, and conditions are derived from One Source. Needless to say the physics won’t say it like that; but that is the fundamental premise behind all attempts at a “Grand Unified Theory” or “Theories of Everything”. Odder than any of this is that physics cast aside any and all doctrines that have put this same concept forth eons before Greek Philosophy dawned its first toga. Nonetheless that is an interesting idea you've expressed and history shows that it is neither strange nor unique. Very interesting.

That being said I’m so with you on the other point. I agree that the overly obsessed ‘something is faster’ fetish with regard to trying to best the relativistic postulate is both taxing, circular, and has all the appeal of being mesmerized by navel lint. The following link was just posted elsewhere and it’s apparently earth shattering summary reads:
The universe seems to like talking to itself faster than the speed of light,” said Steinberg. “I could understand a universe where nothing can go faster than light, but a universe where the internal workings operate faster than light, and yet we’re forbidden from ever making use of that at the macroscopic level — it’s very hard to understand.” – New Support for Alternative Quantum View
Yonder rides Zeno twisted in a knot saying that a condition exist; but not?!?! Admission and denial in the same paragraph! What an odd paradoxical thing to say. What kind of shackle are they “forbidden” by?? How is physics “forbidden from ever making use of that at the macroscopic level”??

You know what’s humorous? When the Electrodynamic realm becomes recognized to be its very own “reference frame” ("electrification" is an event that requires priors) and Superluminal affairs become all the rage of physics – having already recognized this; some of you will become bored … again. I can see the headlines now “Physics in shock; Speed of Light Broken” and the rest of the world will say “Good morning; how was your relativistic nap?”
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

LunarSabbathTruth

Unread post by LunarSabbathTruth » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:44 am

Metryq wrote:
But any medium will have a wave propagation speed, like the difference in the speed of sound through air or water. Tom Van Flandern posited an imaginary universe with an "aether" similar to air at sea level. In this medium, a prop-driven airplane (in level flight) could approach closer and closer to the speed of sound, yet never match or exceed that speed because it is limited by the wave propagation speed of that medium against which its props drive. It would be very similar to the "infinite mass" in Einsteinian Relativity. There may be phenomena faster than the speed of sound, but that does not guarantee aircraft designers will ever break the sound barrier (until they invent rockets and jets).
LunarSabbathTruth wrote:"... Experimental results. Mass reaches 2x at .87c. ..."

Good question. You have to start by defining inertia—is it distinct from mass x acceleration, or tied to it?

"But any medium will have a wave propagation speed ..."

That is true for a medium that is a fluid. For example, if you push at one edge of a pond, it will take some time for the wave to propagate to the other edge.

But, say the pond is covered with a big sheet of ice, except at the edges where it is melted. Then when you push on one edge, the other edge moves immediately.

It is like this with the aether. There is no propagation time, because it is one big piece, not a bunch of little pieces that have to bounce off each other to propagate, etc. Something like that.

"Good question ...."

My point is that the measurement technique (however it was made) is not direct, and is subject to interpretation. In other words, it may be incorrect.

- joe

LunarSabbathTruth

Unread post by LunarSabbathTruth » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am

Solar wrote:....
The universe seems to like talking to itself faster than the speed of light,” said Steinberg. “I could understand a universe where nothing can go faster than light, but a universe where the internal workings operate faster than light, and yet we’re forbidden from ever making use of that at the macroscopic level — it’s very hard to understand.” – New Support for Alternative Quantum View
Yonder rides Zeno twisted in a knot saying that a condition exist; but not?!?! Admission and denial in the same paragraph! What an odd paradoxical thing to say. What kind of shackle are they “forbidden” by?? How is physics “forbidden from ever making use of that at the macroscopic level”??
"What kind of shackle are they “forbidden” by?? ...."

It is called "Peer Review", and their jobs and reputation depend on it.

- joe

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am

in a decent world peer review might make sense but this is gangsterworld.

the lie rules gangsterworld. Not science.
its all lies.

saul

Unread post by saul » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 pm

LunarSabbathTruth wrote:
But, say the pond is covered with a big sheet of ice, except at the edges where it is melted. Then when you push on one edge, the other edge moves immediately.

It is like this with the aether. There is no propagation time, because it is one big piece, not a bunch of little pieces that have to bounce off each other to propagate, etc. Something like that.
But the other edge doesn't move immediately! The ice crystal is held together with electric forces, thus the fastest propagation you will get is at the speed of light. In actuality it will be slower because of inertial effects as the H and O atoms start to move because of your push.

I also disagree with your statement that "the aether is one big piece". Well, it might be worthwhile to view it as such for some purposes. However everything is made of pieces.. we can see that magnetic fields in one place don't necessarily mean magnetic fields in another. The observable properties of the aether (E,B,m,g_uv,..) change from place to place - and one way to describe this is that the "parts" are doing something different in one place than they are doing in another. I find it very useful to visualize it as a fluid, this is simply a useful technique for describing physics of almost everything.
Solar wrote:
The brief list of Aether, and/or Aether-type, theories mentioned earlier is to show that NO ONE, not even dear Mr. Einstein, will ever rid humanity of this intrinsic concept howsoever it has been expressed, or will become expressed through science.
I totally agree! I will add the caveat that Mr Einstein certainly never tried to rid humanity of this most useful concept, he was quite clear that he believed in the concept and that his relativity theories are in fact aether theories.