Creating an Amateur Astronomy Event

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

supermoon

Creating an Amateur Astronomy Event

Unread post by supermoon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:49 am

I think it would be a good time to setup an event in a place in Europe or US that has really dark skies... And throw a bit of an astronomy party with drinks and telescopes for those who are interested in alternative universe models. Anyone ever do this or hear of such events?

Metryq

Re: Creating an Amateur Astronomy Event

Unread post by Metryq » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:27 pm

You can always give it a try. But it seems to me that a star party is the wrong time to have a discussion about alternative models. Someone steeped in the Standard Model is going to need a lot of time to absorb all the new info and fit it together into a coherent whole in their head.

I've promoted plasma cosmology / electric universe to many people, and I caution all of them to be patient and let the model take shape in their heads. Otherwise the reaction is to reject each "new" thing in light of the Standard Model, so they never get away from the indoctrinated ideas. Simply to teach someone all the flaws in establishment ideas—how much of it is pure speculation hardened into dogmatic "fact"—would take longer than one star party.

While out under the stars, people will want to get in some scope time—especially if they're newbies who do not own a telescope. A series of planetarium shows might do the trick. However, the star party idea has it appeal. One of my favorite starting points for introducing pc/eu is Thunderbolts' The Electric Comet documentary. If you can establish a toe-hold with that, expanding upon the electric Sun idea will be easier. If comets conveniently showed up on a regular basis, you'd have an excellent centerpiece for your star parties.