Rogue star change the makeup of our solar system?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Metryq

Rogue star change the makeup of our solar system?

Unread post by Metryq » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 am

Did a rogue star change the makeup of our solar system?
A team of researchers from the Max-Planck Institute and Queen's University has used new information to test a theory that suggests a rogue star passed close enough to our solar system millions of years ago to change its configuration. The group has written a paper describing their ideas and have posted it on the arXiv preprint server.
Still looking for the gravity-only solution, so they may bang their heads on this one for a long time.

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Rogue star change the makeup of our solar system?

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am

This is a beginning, getting closer to the truth.

neilwilkes

Re: Rogue star change the makeup of our solar system?

Unread post by neilwilkes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 am

There's a wonderful video on YouTube that uses a Newtonian Dynamics model of the Solar System to show exactly what might happen if either a Brown Dwarf or a (very) large "Rogue Planet" actually entered the solar system - it gets ugly in a hurry too. Anything coming anywhere near to the asteroid belt would utterly wreck the solar system.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILKoAI_zNT0 for the clip (I highly recommend it even though it is of course a "gravity only" simulation and I warn in advance it is done to debunk the whole "Nibiru" nonsense)

I do have to ask though how it is in a universe that we are told is expanding (and accelerating) can ever have stars colliding with anything at all, much less whole galaxies. What am I not understanding correctly?
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.