Photonic Aether

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

seasmith

Re: Photonic Aether

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:30 am

Web,

Would you care to proffer some more descriptive terms than "physical and objects?
Or perhaps combine them in a more prime triuner verb ?

s

Go Netherlnd

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 am

The proton shrinks in size

To measure the proton radius using the muon, Pohl and his colleagues fired muons from a particle accelerator at a cloud of hydrogen. Hydrogen nuclei each consist of a single proton, orbited by an electron. Sometimes a muon replaces an electron and orbits around a proton. Using lasers, the team measured relevant muonic energy levels with extremely high accuracy and found that the proton was around 4% smaller than previously thought.
"Something is missing, this is very clear," agrees Carl Carlson, a theoretical physicist at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. The most intriguing possibility is that previously undetected particles are changing the interaction of the muon and the proton. Such particles could be the 'superpartners' of existing particles, as predicted by a theory known as supersymmetry, which seeks to unite all of the fundamental forces of physics, except gravity.
Never mind the article's twentieth century quantum techno-jargon (and introduction of a laser/photonic variable) .
Their problem is in gauging the transition between observed states. Taking magnetic force (particle accelerator) and proton as Webolife's "force and object", then it is the perpetual flux between the statis that creates volume, and hence their "size".

It would all be action, and inseparable from any observed relative stasis.

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100707/ ... 0.337.html~

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am

Seasmith, I think I'm getting what you're saying, which is suggestive that you're getting what I'm saying as well :)
Let me try to "answer" your question with some more questions of my own, with "photons" and "aether" in mind throughout:
1. Is a proton "solid"? Is "solid" a describer of particles, or of the interaction of them? Does the term "solid" = "physical"?
2. Are subatomic "particles" absolutely objects themselves [having some kind of fixed/measurable mass, shape or size]?
3. Is it possible that the fundamental nature of particles [at any scale] is due to [thus measurable by] the geometry of the "fields" that comprise them, and fluctuations of these fields as they interact?
4. If "particles" are the products of "fields", ie. substance results from geometry [or as JL puts it, function and structure] then is it possible that both aether and photons are just ways of describing geometrical relationships of space and light?
Consider the concept that at the most fundamental level of nature "objects" are invisible [or transparent], eg if you enlarge an atom to the size of a city, it is still virtually a bundle of "space", you'd likely not be able to "see" the nucleus. Consider also the fact that light itself is transparent in all of its forms, and that it is only the color-resonant receptive system that renders any of it visible to us. X-ray detectors are resonant with x-ray light, radio receivers with radio, rods and cones with colors, etc. What then constitutes an "object" in any context seems to be our ability to detect or measure it! I can measure force by the interaction of "objects" [eg. standing on my bathroom scale], thus determining the mass; and volume and motion by comparing objects in relation to each other, and from these basic properties create a whole physical system of understanding that includes velocity, density, gravity, electricity, light, etc. without having to know anything else about the so-called "particles" of the system. So attempts at describing the nature of "photons" or "aether" or everything else is just conjecture. "My" physics has no need for either photons or aether as particulate or wavish phenomena, but these may exist in my theory as force and field, vectors and geometry.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 am

Webolife wrote:
What then constitutes an "object" in any context seems to be our ability to detect or measure it !
I would agree completely.
. So attempts at describing the nature of "photons" or "aether" or everything else is just conjecture.
And so is the descriptor: "perpetual flux" .

s

Salud Espana