Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Xuxalina Rihhia

Ceres!

Unread post by Xuxalina Rihhia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Here is the first image of Ceres which shows detail on its surface. Already, the surface shows details not found in even the Hubble or the Keck images of Ceres. Already, Ceres is proving a fascinating world; it may be the only asteroid with an atmosphere. I wonder if Ceres will turn out to be a mini-Pluto and whether Pluto and Ceres will resemble each other.
Attachments
pia19167_main Ceres.jpg

Metryq

Re: Ceres!

Unread post by Metryq » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:18 am

From the Wikipedia article on Ceres:
The surface is probably a mixture of water ice and various hydrated minerals such as carbonates and clay. In January 2014, emissions of water vapor were detected from several regions of Ceres. This was somewhat unexpected, as large bodies in the asteroid belt do not typically emit vapor, a hallmark of comets.
See also Steve Smith's post in the "H2O extracted from Moon dust" thread.

Baseballs were also detected in orbit around the world Ceres. ;)

Rossim

Unread post by Rossim » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:33 pm

That is a processed image, only one of several images captured. There is an anomalous bright feature which may be the edge of a crater glistening in the sunlight, or another "cryovalcano."

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:14 pm

EU predicts Ceres will look like Tethys and Dione. Standard science thinks Thetys and Dione are made of water-ice, but it looks like rock to me.

Could be they be completely wrong with this moons made of water-ice idea?

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:48 pm

The establishment tends to report in PRs that everything beyond Mars is made of water ice upon any slight detection of hydrogen and oxygen present. They think this way because, for them, H20 must have "seeded the Earth" instead of having the H20 on the Earth actually be from here. Nothing on Earth, for them, is from the Earth. It all came here as "impact events" as the "primordial building blocks."

Earth itself is not Earth, in other words. Earth is result of "impact events" that "created the oceans and all life." The life and water that is on Earth did not come from Earth. It all came from Dione, Europa, Enceladus.... anything but the actual Earth body. This is how the establishment thinks. They will insist that life and H20 came from anywhere but here. Despite the massive and unprecedented biodiversity of Earth, they will look to lifeless worlds for life--but not the Earth--as basis for life. This is how modern cosmology thinks.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:32 am

viscount aero wrote:The establishment tends to report in PRs that everything beyond Mars is made of water ice upon any slight detection of hydrogen and oxygen present. They think this way because, for them, H20 must have "seeded the Earth" instead of having the H20 on the Earth actually be from here. Nothing on Earth, for them, is from the Earth. It all came here as "impact events" as the "primordial building blocks."

Earth itself is not Earth, in other words. Earth is result of "impact events" that "created the oceans and all life." The life and water that is on Earth did not come from Earth. It all came from Dione, Europa, Enceladus.... anything but the actual Earth body. This is how the establishment thinks. They will insist that life and H20 came from anywhere but here. Despite the massive and unprecedented biodiversity of Earth, they will look to lifeless worlds for life--but not the Earth--as basis for life. This is how modern cosmology thinks.
So it really is rock, ok.

Should i edit wikipedia?

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:45 pm

If Ceres ends up looking like Pluto (which we'll find out in July if everything works right on New Horizons), maybe the both will resemble this notional image that I made last fall while thinking about what that might be. Good ol' Photoshop! Note that I don't think it will be icy and white. I always have a 50-50 chance of being right. :-)

Jim

Pluto, moons and New Horizons spacecraft, July 2015

[attachment=0]
Attachments
Pluto, moons and New Horizons spacecraft 6x6 240.jpg

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:02 am

Density of both Pluto and Ceres is around 2 g/cm^3.
So they are at least twice as heavy as ice. Probably rock, yeah.

trevbus

White spot on Ceres

Unread post by trevbus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:38 am

Prediction: the flickering white spot will mysteriously saturate the camera's pixels. The "water" plumes are probably just hydroxyl ions. So Ceres is behaving like an electric comet. Mainstream scientists will be completely baffled. I am looking forward to this encounter!

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/28 ... -ceres.htm
NASA's Dawn spacecraft continues its approach to the dwarf planet Ceres for its planned mission. During this approach it has already snapped several images of this small planet located in the asteroid belt. And what these pictures have revealed has mystified scientists at NASA for weeks.

Like Us on Facebook

A strange, flickering white blotch has been found on the dwarf planet Ceres, puzzling scientists.

"Yes, we can confirm that it is something on Ceres that reflects more sunlight, but what that is remains a mystery," Mission Director and Chief Engineer for the Dawn mission, Marc Rayman says.

Currently, however, the Dawn spacecraft is too far away to provide any clearer images or study the strange phenomenon. The images reveal areas of light and dark on the face of the dwarf planet, indicating the presence of craters on the surface. But, at least for the moment, no specific features can be determined including the white spot as seen in the photographs.

"We do not know what the white spot is, but it's certainly intriguing," Rayman says. "In fact, it makes you want to send a spacecraft there to find out, and of course that is exactly what we are doing! So as Dawn brings Ceres into sharper focus, we will be able to see with exquisite detail what [the white spot] is."

Xuxalina Rihhia

Unread post by Xuxalina Rihhia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Here is one of the latest pictures of Ceres. By now it has more resolution than the best of Hubble's images of Ceres. It's already promising to be a world of wonders, like Vesta and Pluto are.
Attachments
PIA19172 Ceres.jpg
PIA19172 Ceres.jpg (8.73 KiB) Viewed 23157 times

saul

Unread post by saul » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:57 pm

paladin17 wrote:Density of both Pluto and Ceres is around 2 g/cm^3.
But 4 times as dense as the average comet is said to be. What do you think is going on there?

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 am

saul wrote:
paladin17 wrote:Density of both Pluto and Ceres is around 2 g/cm^3.
But 4 times as dense as the average comet is said to be. What do you think is going on there?
I have no idea. I don't know much about this object.
The "water vapour", however, could be a sign of solar wind electrochemistry.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:16 am

viscount aero wrote:Earth itself is not Earth, in other words. Earth is result of "impact events" that "created the oceans and all life." The life and water that is on Earth did not come from Earth. It all came from Dione, Europa, Enceladus.... anything but the actual Earth body. This is how the establishment thinks. They will insist that life and H20 came from anywhere but here. Despite the massive and unprecedented biodiversity of Earth, they will look to lifeless worlds for life--but not the Earth--as basis for life. This is how modern cosmology thinks.
I think its not just how cosmology thinks but a way of thinking that permeates western society. Have you read Alan Watts? When we build houses on a hill, we don't adhere to the restrictions of the hill, we chop and flatten it so that we can build as though on a flat lifeless surface. Everything we touch we want to impose some perfect lifeless ideology to simplify nature. Its as though we have a bad case of 'not invented here' syndrome and nature must be subjegated. I recommend Alan Watts if you are not already familiar with his work.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:27 pm

willendure wrote:
viscount aero wrote:Earth itself is not Earth, in other words. Earth is result of "impact events" that "created the oceans and all life." The life and water that is on Earth did not come from Earth. It all came from Dione, Europa, Enceladus.... anything but the actual Earth body. This is how the establishment thinks. They will insist that life and H20 came from anywhere but here. Despite the massive and unprecedented biodiversity of Earth, they will look to lifeless worlds for life--but not the Earth--as basis for life. This is how modern cosmology thinks.
I think its not just how cosmology thinks but a way of thinking that permeates western society. Have you read Alan Watts? When we build houses on a hill, we don't adhere to the restrictions of the hill, we chop and flatten it so that we can build as though on a flat lifeless surface. Everything we touch we want to impose some perfect lifeless ideology to simplify nature. Its as though we have a bad case of 'not invented here' syndrome and nature must be subjegated. I recommend Alan Watts if you are not already familiar with his work.
Thanks, willendure. Yes I agree with you. And yes I've read AW over 25 years ago, not new to me ;) And there is more out there like him. What we have today are sophisticated probes and sciences designed with tunnel vision, bias, and a presumed set of truths that do not necessarily embody actual truth or reality. So, too, the data becomes construed to conform to predisposed ideas that are not the truth. The data, too, is also fragmentary because of the biases engineered into the data gathering apparatus. So only a tiny fraction of a picture is seen when the entire picture looms in plain sight. Yet this looming picture, the bigger truth, is overlooked and ignored.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:05 pm

viscount aero wrote:
willendure wrote:
Thanks, willendure. Yes I agree with you. And yes I've read AW over 25 years ago, not new to me ;) And there is more out there like him. What we have today are sophisticated probes and sciences designed with tunnel vision, bias, and a presumed set of truths that do not necessarily embody actual truth or reality. So, too, the data becomes construed to conform to predisposed ideas that are not the truth. The data, too, is also fragmentary because of the biases engineered into the data gathering apparatus. So only a tiny fraction of a picture is seen when the entire picture looms in plain sight. Yet this looming picture, the bigger truth, is overlooked and ignored.
Well, science is hard I guess. You have to work hard on some small piece of the puzzle and gather evidence that you are right, and fit it with mathematical equations to make quantitative predictions - its not surprising then if we miss the bigger picture.

Ego too plays its role. Its kind of hard to admit you might be wrong after you've spent the research grant and worked so hard to write those papers.