Mars - Electric Atmosphere

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

neilwilkes

Mars "planet-wide" dust storm mirrored on Earth?

Unread post by neilwilkes » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:25 am

This may6 be a coincidence, but who really knows (not a rhetorical question BTW).
We know Mars is currently undergoing a planet-wide dust storm right now, yes?
Did you also know we have a huge Saharan dust storm right now from Africa, across the Atlantic, up into the southern US, across the gulf of Mexico and out into the Pacific where it is feeding into a tropical storm right now?
See https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/p ... 1,4.57,407
You will see it is also going across East Africa, the Gulf and then the Indian Ocean - truly a massive storm, and my suspicion is that it is only our denser atmosphere preventing something similar here too.........

What does everyone else think - related or a coincidence?
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

flyingcloud

Re: Mars "planet-wide" dust storm mirrored on Earth?

Unread post by flyingcloud » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:38 am

Mars is approaching Earth for a 15-year close encounter in late July.
As far fetched as it may seem, it's like the earth and Mars are looking into exchanging materials.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:35 am

As far fetched as it may seem, it's like the earth and Mars are looking into exchanging materials.
Under the present order of the solar system that is improbable. The closest that Mars and Earth can get is when Mars is at its perihelion and Earth is at its aphelion and both planets are exactly lined up in their orbits so that they form a straight line with the Earth between Mars and the Sun. That is called opposition. Then the distance would be about 34 million miles.

Oppositions occur every couple of years when the Earth catches up with the slower moving outer planet however if the Earth is at its perihelion and Mars at its aphelion the distance between the two can be over 60 million miles.

Amateur astronomers love the close oppositions of Mars as the planet's disc shows the most detail in their telescopes.

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Certainly, the distance is considerable, in our dimensional reality.

I wonder how Kevin's lattice structure would call dust closer to the home planet. It's fun to explore alternative physical connections that is beyond our defined parameters.

I know it's not possible in our reality.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 pm

I know it's not possible in our reality.
It's also not possible on the Planetary Science board :!:

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:18 am

neilwilkes wrote:This may6 be a coincidence, but who really knows (not a rhetorical question BTW).
We know Mars is currently undergoing a planet-wide dust storm right now, yes?
Did you also know we have a huge Saharan dust storm right now from Africa, across the Atlantic, up into the southern US, across the gulf of Mexico and out into the Pacific where it is feeding into a tropical storm right now?
See https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/p ... 1,4.57,407
You will see it is also going across East Africa, the Gulf and then the Indian Ocean - truly a massive storm, and my suspicion is that it is only our denser atmosphere preventing something similar here too.........

What does everyone else think - related or a coincidence?
Regardless the premise of interplanetary dust bunnies, the link in the OP's post is extremely informative. Take the time to explore the display options, weather patterns, wind patterns at different altitudes, particulates and water, CO2 and SO2, ocean patterns, auroral distribution, etc. Click on the word "Earth" at the lower left to the controls to change display to the different options. It zooms and rotates with the mouse, left click and drag to rotate and scroll wheel to zoom. Here are the descriptions of the abbreviations in the control panel. https://earth.nullschool.net/about.html

Thanks to the OP for the link. :D

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 am

My interpretation is that the Sun is in a lull and is scavenging electrons from the planetary system right now, so charge carriers are needed. Dust from Mars. Dust and water vapor from Earth, etc.

What really piques my curiosity is: might this dust that we're seeing currently on Earth be more than solely Saharan?

It would be really interesting, informative, and truly enlightening if someone were to do an analysis of the dust and find out that some quantity or percentage of it were, in fact, Martian. With Mars and Earth getting close during this solar scavenging period, it makes sense that charge (and charge carriers) from Mars would merge into the conduction channel of Earth at close approach.

Once the Martian charge carriers arrived at the Earth-Sun circuit, one might expect that some portion of the Martian charge carriers would give up their charges to Earthly charge carriers, become neutral, once again succumb to gravity as do earthly charge carriers such as water vapor and terrestrial dust, and then fall back to the Earth's surface in the form of this "blood rain" that is being seen across portions of the world right now.

Likewise, we should expect to see terrestrial dust and water vapor channeling into the Venusian electrical circuit when Earth next swings closest to Venus. There should definitely be an uptick in water detection in the Venusian upper atmosphere at closest approach right now as the Sun is currently in a lull and scavenging.

I wonder: DO we have anything in place orbiting Venus that could detect an Earthly fingerprint in Venus' solar circuit? Especially with raw data that is publicly available to analyze... :\
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Mars - Electric Atmosphere

Unread post by nick c » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:24 am

D_Archer

Re: Mars - Electric Atmosphere

Unread post by D_Archer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:37 am

This image is interesting:

Is it just an orographic cloud or is there still some activity? They deny active volcano, so electrical is the only thing that is left... it also seems those 3 "craters" (or mounds??) have the exact same origin and it is not a bolide impact....

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -