Mars - miscellaneous anomalies

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

outrageousfortune

Re: Mars:very unusual image from NASA

Unread post by outrageousfortune » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Hey guys,

This panoramic view is really full of interesting things. Has anyone noticed the angular shadow right in the middle of the picture in the upper half? The "rocks" there show marks of carving and to me they look like architectural elements. The angular shadow might indicate an opening which is not visible for the crater rim. Too bad the picture has been degraded by Nasa's obfuscating software because the background shows curious forms which have been smeared over.

Krackonis

Unread post by Krackonis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Drethon wrote:Be careful not to read too much into it, there are a lot of artificial looking formations that are reported as natural http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... 38411.html.

Not that I'm saying scientists are correct about this either...

Given the dimensions and obviously manmade appearances, I would be very very careful when judging that Artificial.
Neil Thompson

EET

"We are the universe trying to understand itself." - Delen, Babylon 5

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Don't forget about the skull of the dead cosmonaut who went on a one-way mission:

http://marsrover.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2 ... 25L7M1.JPG

outrageousfortune

Unread post by outrageousfortune » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:31 am

Yeah, the breather in your pic is interesting. Have a look at what it looks like when the wearer is still alive:

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/galler ... 46R0M1.JPG

The debate concerning artificiality takes so many perverse forms. Some guys want to show their worth to the lying establishment. They cause any discussion to very rapidly deteriorate into non-sensical blabber (Phil Plait comes to mind).

There are things - and humans - on Mars over which NASA would like to keep a shroud of secrecy. Fortunately, the obfuscating software they use is automated and certain mistakes keep recurring constantly, which is interesting for hobbyist investigators like me.

Mars is a living planet. Nasa employees are paid to act like braindead zombies reiterating prejudiced garbage.

Rick

Unread post by Rick » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 am

"Don't forget about the skull of the dead cosmonaut who went on a one-way mission:"

Apparently no one has noticed the dead cosmonaut's glove over on the extreme right side of the image.

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:51 am

Nasa employees are paid to act like braindead zombies reiterating prejudiced garbage.
This is exactly what my job feels like, I think I'll apply for a transfer.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Any one care to offer a theory...

Sure. My theory is that NASA is going to sit around spending quadrillions of dollars trying to convince the world that all this stuff is natural formations and "tricks of light and shadow(TM)" until the Japanese or Indians get there and start shipping back all the gold and diamonds buried in those megaliths....

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:11 am

Steve Smith.

Some time ago, in forum far far away, we talked in a thread regarding possible Martian fulgamites - blisters raised on a surface by lightning strikes. The original image of this thread reminds me of that conversation. You had, at that time, posted a close up stereo image of the broken front end of a potential 'discharge channel' mostly covered in debris. It's curious to me that the tubular object in the original photo of this thread strongly reminds me of those.
A primary discharge channel may have coronal streamers surrounding it—short filaments extending at right angles from the sides. The secondary streamers may develop coronal streamers of their own, resulting in a grid-like or web-like pattern. - More Strange Lava Tubes of Mars
The photo looks to be just outside of a "crater" and the object of interest here is at at right angle from it's sides. This object looks as if it could be the lone remnant of a 'dentritic discharge channel' of some sort. Perhaps from "coronal streamers" but I get the impression that the body upon which a mega-lightning strike would occur would produce it's own 'electrical response' with subsurface currents at the moment of interaction.

Just speculating.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:24 am

This object is clearly a Cadbury's Flake, which is a chocolate confection made to look like an old log. It is popular in the UK. The "Martian/NASA technician" obviously dropped it, and didn't want to pick it up covered in sand. If you watch carefully, you might see the wrapper blowing in the "next dust devil/Arizona wind". ;)

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:13 am

Do I see the Flying Circus hiding in that crater? :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhiteLight

Unread post by WhiteLight » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 am

edcrater wrote:This object is clearly a Cadbury's Flake, which is a chocolate confection made to look like an old log. It is popular in the UK. The "Martian/NASA technician" obviously dropped it, and didn't want to pick it up covered in sand. If you watch carefully, you might see the wrapper blowing in the "next dust devil/Arizona wind". ;)
Cute Ed , funny enough when I showed this image to my friends NO one said they thought it looked like a rock .
To my question what do you think this object is ? bearing in mind I was obscuring from their view the web address and not disclosing it was on the Martian surface from a NASA web site I got 3 answers

1) Lump of wood
2) Railway sleeper
3) Cadbury Flake ® (There also sold in Australia ) :lol:
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla, Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July, 1934.
Fast forward 74Yrs->yawn! :)

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:47 am

WhiteLight wrote: 1) Lump of wood
2) Railway sleeper
3) Cadbury Flake ® (There also sold in Australia ) :lol:
Glad we agree. Good job it's not a MARS BAR! ;)

WhiteLight

Unread post by WhiteLight » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 am

I'm not sure what neck of the woods your in. I'm in Oz and we had a series of Mars Bar ads which were set on Mars with Martians buying & eating " Earth Bars " , Seriously :roll: :lol:
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 am

WhiteLight wrote:I'm not sure what neck of the woods your in. I'm in Oz and we had a series of Mars Bar ads which were set on Mars with Martians buying & eating " Earth Bars " , Seriously :roll: :lol:
I'm a Brit, living permanently in Thailand, and studying heavenly bodies. Haven't seen a tv for 17 years, so I know nothing of adverts, I'm happy to say.

We know that a Flake's what you see
As Ozzies and Brits both agree
So mission control
get back in your hole
Cos we know the facts that are key.

When your Flake lies wrong on the sand
And woe! Alas, not in your hand
You feel like a prick
Cos your chocolate stick
Is uneatable, not quite as planned. :D

WhiteLight

Unread post by WhiteLight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Hate to be pedantic Ed ( nah not really , i enjoy it ;) ) but isn't it INEDIBLE ? :geek: :lol: