The Electric Earth

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Birkeland Currents Verified AGAIN! And AGAIN!

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm

MGmirkin wrote:(New Finding Shows Super-Huge [Electric] Space Tornados Power the Auroras)
http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04/23 ... e-auroras/
Okay, this is getting downright embarrassing...

(Magnetic Tornadoes Could Liberate Mercury's Tenuous Atmosphere)
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/messe ... adoes.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 112255.htm
The spacecraft encountered magnetic "tornadoes" – twisted bundles of magnetic fields connecting the planetary magnetic field to interplanetary space – that were up to 500 miles wide or a third of the radius of the planet.

"These 'tornadoes' form when magnetic fields carried by the solar wind connect to Mercury's magnetic field," said Slavin. "As the solar wind blows past Mercury's field, these joined magnetic fields are carried with it and twist up into vortex-like structures. These twisted magnetic flux tubes, technically known as flux transfer events, form open windows in the planet's magnetic shield through which the solar wind may enter and directly impact Mercury's surface."
So, apparently now Mercury has been found to exhibit "magnetic tornadoes" akin to the "magnetic flux ropes" connecting the Earth back to the Sun and the "flux transfer events" observed to "leak" through the magnetosphere every 8 minutes here at Earth... Why don't they call them "electric tornadoes in space"? Probably more accurate!

Jeebus! How many more times do we have to read about these things being "unexpectedly observed" before they start taking the "plasma globe" analogy more seriously? At some point, "anecdotal evidence" hits a tipping point and becomes a "trend." I say the tipping point is upon us! I for one am tired of the B$!

As noted elsewhere, plasma is not a superconductor. It has non-zero valued resistance. Ergo magnetic field lines cannot be "frozen in" to plasma. It simply doesn't work that way. Are electric currents "frozen in" as well? ;) If there's a constant magnetic field, then a constant current must be flowing nearby.

So, it seems like what they're seeing is yet another manifestation of spiraling / inflowing Birkeland currents.

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MattEU

is the Earth an electromagnetic coil/transformer?

Unread post by MattEU » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Is the Earth an electromagnetic coil/transformer? Are the Jet streams and the Atmospheric Cells such as the Hadley and Ferrel Cells natural wires/windings in an Electric Universe? The magnetic axis of the earth is 11 degrees off from the geographical axis so the planets atmospheric and vegetation zones appear to be at sloping angle to magnetic lines (if they go straightish through the earth down the magnetic axis).

Bands of moisture seem to form lines or natures wires with increased or decreased conductivity. Can this help to explain other features about the Earths weather such as the Doldrums and Horse Latitudes?

Can these natural coils or windings in the Earths atmosphere, in the oceans and perhaps under the ground itself help to power the earth or planets moons in a variation of Resonant Induction Recharging?

This is a quick summary of some of the ideas and images i have put together, you can read and see more here. For someone who follows the EU my lack of indepth knowledge about electrical stuff is slightly :oops: so it is time to learn more about it. I guess i have got quite a bit wrong from an electrical/EU point of view so please let me know and i can correct it.

The page will change as more stuff is added, i just needed to get some of the ideas down. Also, if you mention something really good then i might use it! If you dont want me to then just contact me and i will remove it.

MattEU

Re: is the Earth an electromagnetic coil/transformer?

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:35 am

I was wondering if someone with EU electrical knowledge could say yes or no to the basic ideas? its just that i am going to push this page/idea to non EU people as its visually appealing and thought provoking (if correct). If stuff is wrong then it makes my argument about other EU stuff wrong and they might totally disregard other EU Theory stuff in the future.

Perhaps no news is good news :)

And as to the quoting stuff that was to do with links, not quoting any ones posts, just if they had come up with an idea or lead for me to use, my way of saying thanks for helping investigating stuff

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I think you are on the right track, MattEU, though my image of what is going on is a little different in the details. The solenoid needs replacing with the bi-conical antenna. The null at the center is important.

I'm gradually putting together some graphics to show most of the ES and EM fields, how they are structured and arranged. Excellent work on your site MattEU, keep it up.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:29 pm

~
Hi Matt,

Not saying that it would make any difference to your model, but most every other Earth mag-field representation shows flux in the opposite direction ( S to N ).

An interesting side note from Pittsburg Supercomputing Center:
After nearly a year running almost daily, as allocated computing time was about to expire, the model produced its Eureka moment....
The simulation also offers precious insight into the dynamics that sustain the magnetic field and generate reversals. Contrary to what anyone guessed till now, the model shows that in the inner core the magnetic field has an opposite polarity from the outer core, and this stabilizes the field against a tendency to reverse more frequently.
Simulated three-dimensional structure of Earth's magnetic field, with inward (blue) and outward (yellow) directed field lines. Field lines extend two Earth radii from the core. The location of the core-mantle boundary is evident where the structure becomes complex.

Animation

http://www.psc.edu/science/glatzmaier.html

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:56 am

cheers for suggestions and words of encouragement, appreciated :)

seasmith - flux direction i will have to change that, at the start i just used a diagram that fitted and then woods/trees scenario.
interesting link about that model suggesting inner core magnetic field opposite according to their models. either right or wrong and shows that all the earth models they have used to base the stuff on is either very correct or very wrong.

GaryN - those fields you are putting together would be excellent, a real help to all to be able to just look up these things from an EU point of view.If we had a reference set of diagrams with matching Electric Universe examples and explanations from you and other EU guys like you that would be amazing.
If you get the SEO right then these new original and different images will get a lot of people looking at them. Original content is king.
Also, can i use that image to show what it should look like? Think I will keep with the curly wurly coily diagram at the start of the pages,as it fits in with the idea of what i want to show, but point out this is what it is like.

For example when i look at all these electromagnetic field diagrams i instantly think of planets, our solar system and galaxies etc The classic is Flemings Hand Rules but the others always make me wonder?

"The electromagnetic fields in the vicinity of a conductive plate in a conductive half-space following the rapid turn-off of current in the horizontal loop transmitter (Tx)." or electromagnetic field diagram showing planets and solar systems movements in an Electric Universe?

magnetic field loop produced by loop current diagram or elliptic orbit of planets showing Electric Universe Theory?

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am

Remains the question; where is the input energy for the earth's coil coming from?

Maybe its the Flux Transfer Event.....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 093713.htm

visuals;

http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a010000/a0 ... index.html

the word Birkeland currents comes to my mind....
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi MattEU,
I wish I had more free time, I'd like to be more involved with your site, but you are welcome to use any of my images or posts that you like on your site. I can not say that any of my ideas are valid, (use at your own risk!) but my intuition is telling me to pursue them.
The antenna should perhaps be called an electron vortex structure, and from that I think we can 'grow' all the other structures around planets, stars or galaxies, based on the radio fields of the dipole, and in particular the biconical model. Time will tell.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

MattEU

Flux Transfer Event (FTE's), Space Tornados

Unread post by MattEU » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

thanks GaryN and follow that path
MrAmsterdam wrote:Remains the question; where is the input energy for the earth's coil coming from?

Maybe its the Flux Transfer Event.....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 093713.htm

visuals;

http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a010000/a0 ... index.html

the word Birkeland currents comes to my mind....
"This animation shows a magnetic reconnection event with proton aurora data from the IMAGE spacecraft." ;)

What i hope to one day see is that with the Flux Transfer Event (FTE's), Space Tornados and whatever else they will discover that resemble Birkeland Currents, that there will be a massive surge in the connection when the earth has an earthquake or volcanic eruption. If that day comes how will Mr Gravity explain that? If it does happen would that be the final nail in the Gravity Universe coffin?

junglelord

Charge of the Planet Earth?

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:54 pm

We are the few, the proud, the EU. I want you all to watch how they kill the EU in the first lecture of EM at MIT.

Remember group I watched the Entire MIT lecture series by Professor Lewin.
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-02E ... /index.htm
He went out of his way to NOT mention Tesla...He even made a class on the Tesla Egg and not ONCE, did he say it was a Tesla Egg, not once did he ever speak his name....reminds me of Harry Potter, "He Who Cannot Be Named"
:lol:

Infact in the very first Lecture, Professor Lewin makes the claim, that dispite common sense (based on the first lectures material_) there is no electricity in space and it was neutral, controlled by gravity.....so in the first class they tell you to leave common sense behind.

Watch it for yourself
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-02E ... mbed01.htm
What holds our world together? - Electric Charges (Historical) - Polarization - Electric Force - Coulomb's Law and see the Professor speak beyond common sense, so his class can enter the brainwashing tour, where Tesla is not spoken of, his name is not uttered and the Heaviside dumbdown, is taught as Maxwells Theorm, hence the hard headed graduates who think they know it all....nothing could be further from the truth.

Tesla says the earth is no different then a hollow copper sphere, Professor Lewin tells us this sphere is only charged to 10 coulombs max....LOL, OMG, did you hear that?

10 Coulombs is the charge of the earth....oh really?
Has anyone every told him about the fair weather circuit>
Tesla laughs at you...
If your pressed for time, start at 35 minutes in, by 45 minutes he has killed the EU, with a broad sweep of his 10 coulomb statement....in fact he has been grossly misinformed and by extension the entire class and everyone with a diploma thinks WE ARE NUTS.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

perpetual motion

Whoa- Stop The Train

Unread post by perpetual motion » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 pm

`Direct question; Anybody good with electric magnets or maybe we should
start throwing plasma into these creatures. Anyway, I've been looking at these
real-time magnetosphere simulations (simulations maybe leading me away)
but the north and south poles are looping back into one another. How
could that happen?
On another subject, what is getting through the bow shock(if it's repelling
most ions) with enough ions to light the planet up?
I think that we need to rethink some of this!
And how come we can't see this neutral ion tail of ours while in the dark
of night. I don't think that this pea sized planet can give off that big of
an magnetosphere. Something is being figured wrong. I think that we
should all go back to school and start with only 30% of what is written
in theories. There is way to much written for something that I think
isn't that big of a deal. Who knows? Just blabbing.

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:46 pm

What causes Earth's magnetic field in the first place? I am told that there is a core which is not spinning but which nevertheless generates the field. Is this the current paradigm?

Respectfully,
Dotini

MattEU

lol - the iron catastrophe of earth

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

the original theory for the earth having an iron core is due to the fact that the earth was considered seperate from the rest of the solar system and universe. as it was seperate it had to create its own magnetic field. a spinning iron core was the answer.

Many problems with the theory but of course one of the main ones is how come we have an iron core and it has led to this incredible idea, the iron catastrophe of earth. People will believe anything as long as a main stream expert tells them.

Now it has been proved that the earth is connected to the sun and the rest of the planets and the universe electrically ("magnetically" as they are not allowed to say the dreaded E word). Therefore, there is no need for an iron core

So everything you have been taught about geology could be wrong :)

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 pm

MattEU is right, Dotini. Be skeptical about what you are "told". We are pretty tolerant of ideas here, but when the mainstream doctrine claims that something IS that has never been observed directly (e.g., the fusion core of the sun; slushy ice on a comet; methane rain on Titan), or that by definition, cannot be observed (dark matter; dark energy; black holes) then you should definitely withhold judgment and belief. They want to make their pronouncements seem authoritative and have lots of quotations from 'peer-reviewed' papers since their job is not to promote healthy consideration of alternate and plausible ideas that are different from those in the journals. Their job is to promote those who have jobs, and to suppress dissent and discord. Those with jobs become vulnerable to being in jeopardy of losing them if they come into conflict with those who distribute them and meet payrolls through obtaining grants. Big astronomy is not likely to be the source of paradigm shifts and fresh new practical insights, in all probability. We all know land love the phrase, "it's too big to fail...!

Please keep asking the questions you guys are doing right here - no one has the knowledge market cornered, including those working in mainstream cosmology and astronomy, and most of us are not trained in the sciences crucial to today's astronomy. I agree with the idea that Earth is more like a current-driven electromagnet than a dynamo. It may or may not have an iron core (that's based on gravity and orbital calculations to determine mass, and we aren't sure that those are completely and infallibly right, and no one has evidence from a core drill from 3500km down...) And certainly no evidence as to whether the central core area is or is not rotating.

I was pretty disappointed in the jerky little Cray supercomputer simulation, as presented. I'd think that a year of CPU time and 2000 hours in post processing could at least make things go smoothly and in slow motion. Perhaps they think that there really are loose ends to the magnetic field lines they are using to help visualize the polarity reversal process (!!) :roll:

MattEU

are earths oceans a capacitor?

Unread post by MattEU » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 am

this comment was posted on an article about how The deep oceans drive the atmosphere. very interesting to see how an electrical engineer sees earths oceans as a capacitor and also that a negative feedback loop is mentioned.

what is great about this comment is the fact it was added to the bottom of the main article so everyone will read it

ADDENDUM (from comments)

George suggests an interesting way of thinking about the ocean as only an electrical engineer could. It’s a novel model…

Comment #6 co2isnotevil : June 12th, 2010 at 5:35 am

If you examine the nominal temperature profile of the ocean, there are 2 inflection points, one near the warm surface waters and another about 1km down at about 4C. The region between them is the thermocline. The temperature profile is consistent with the thermocline acting as a layer of insulation between the deep ocean cold and the warm surface waters. At northern and southern latitudes, the thermocline breaks through to the surface and at the N pole and around Antarctica, the deep ocean cold breaks through to the surface. The 2 poles and their corresponding ice packs are thermally connected through the deep ocean, i.e. isotherms at temperatures of between 0 and 4C connect the poles through the deep ocean.

I like to think of the planet as storing energy in a similar way to energy storage in a capacitor. There is a cold plate (the deep ocean cold and polar ice caps) and a warm plate (the warm tropical surface waters) and a dielectric separating them (the thermocline). Energy is stored as a differential temperature between these plates and the average temperature of these 2 plates is the average temperature of the planet. This is more or less confirmed by noting that the temperature at the middle of thermocline is very close to the average surface temperature. There is a secondary boundary between the hot and cold pools of energy, which we observe as weather fronts and is where most of the energy transfer between these pools occurs.

An important consideration is that energy is stored as equal and opposite amounts of hot energy and cold energy, each relative to the average temperature of the planet, which in a way offset each other. It also means that the ocean can respond quickly to changes in incident energy as only the boundary (inflection point) between the warm plate and the thermocline needs to change. The temperature at the lower inflection point seems fixed by pressure and density considerations.

George

Michael Hammer adds:

A very interesting post. One thing which strikes me very pointedly is the negative feedback implied. If ocean current heat transport declines then that directly leads to an increase in atmospheric heat transport and vice versa. Yet again, what we see in naturally stable systems is a dominance of negative feedback loops. This contrasts so strongly with the warmists who see posiive feedback in everything to do with climate. Without the claimed positive feedback there is no AGW crisis.
The deep oceans drive the atmosphere | joannenova.com.au