The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

David Talbott
Site Admin

The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Unread post by David Talbott » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:08 pm

All critical comments on the latest video segment will be welcome. We'll have about 30 days to make adjustments and/or corrections on the key segments we've posted. The latest:
http://thunderbolts.info/online_videos.htm

Happy New Year and all the best to everyone.

flyingcloud

Re: The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars

Unread post by flyingcloud » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm

magnificent

remelic

Unread post by remelic » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 pm

masterfully composed!
Secrets of Edward Leedskalnin
“Like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed.” - Nikola Tesla
Electricity = Magnetism x Speed of Light Squared... Thats what he really meant.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 am

Excellent work!

I'd (very genuinely) like to see Nereid or Physicist give their impressions on it. And let's not see "has anyone published ..." or "peer-reviewed journal", or even a nit-pick over one or another word, phrase or sentence but rather an overview of the content in context and if they see anything worth "giving a re-think" in the presentation.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 am

davesmith_au wrote:Excellent work!

I'd (very genuinely) like to see Nereid or Physicist give their impressions on it. And let's not see "has anyone published ..." or "peer-reviewed journal", or even a nit-pick over one or another word, phrase or sentence but rather an overview of the content in context and if they see anything worth "giving a re-think" in the presentation.

Cheers, Dave.
Thanks for the prompt Dave. What will be most valuable (whether from Nereid, Physicist, or anyone else) will be to detail any misstatement of fact in the video segments. With agreement on facts, I believe the conclusion will speak for itself.

Aveo9

Unread post by Aveo9 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Very nice video!

There are a couple of things I'd like to say regarding the way the facts were presented.

- In the first section ("Lichtenberg Figures") you demonstrate the similarity between cratering in electric discharge channels and cratering in channels on Mars. You then (at about 2:55) state that coronal streamers are also a feature of electric discharge channels, and that it's a "key to a new understanding of the Martian surface", however you didn't present any evidence that coronal streamers have in fact been found on Mars.

- I thought the use of quotes from "mainstream" astronomers and writers was really well done. I'm a big stickler for quoting original sources to strengthen an argument and I thought you presented the point much more forcefully by using quotes than you would have by simply claiming "scientists are unclear how these valleys formed" and expecting us to take your word for it.

Cheers
"If opposite poles attracted each other, they would be together in the middle of a magnet instead of at its ends"
-- Walter Russell

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:19 am

There is a typo at about 13.18

A caption says "view though electron microscope"

Should be "view through electron microscope"

Excellent video.

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Aveo9 wrote:
- In the first section ("Lichtenberg Figures") you demonstrate the similarity between cratering in electric discharge channels and cratering in channels on Mars. You then (at about 2:55) state that coronal streamers are also a feature of electric discharge channels, and that it's a "key to a new understanding of the Martian surface", however you didn't present any evidence that coronal streamers have in fact been found on Mars.

- I thought the use of quotes from "mainstream" astronomers and writers was really well done. I'm a big stickler for quoting original sources to strengthen an argument and I thought you presented the point much more forcefully by using quotes than you would have by simply claiming "scientists are unclear how these valleys formed" and expecting us to take your word for it.
Ah, it's very nice to see your attention to detail. You'll be pleased to know that coronal streamers re-enter the picture in Part 2. In fact, the theme involves one of the most amazing regions on Mars, with ridges and perpendicular, feathery "streamers" galore. The formations, across hundreds of square miles, are a spectacular, unsolved mystery for planetary scientists, while finding precise matches in the morphology of electric arcs.

Nevertheless, your observation does highlight one of the weakness in presenting a broad argument in parts. The approach can temporarily leave viewers hanging. For example, when the series is complete, the segment "Planet of a Thousand Mysteries" will have a much greater effect than when the issues are first raised. Initially, when viewers know nothing of the the evidence to follow, the electrical hypothesis may appear off the map to the "feet-on-the-ground" critic.
Last edited by davesmith_au on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Formatting fix

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 pm

* At about the 8 minute mark there's an image of material at Vemasat Labs subjected to microamp currents. That segment lasts for about 20 seconds. And the point seems to be to show that "craters" and trenches tend to occur together in ED, similar to the way craters are often found in or near trenches etc on rocky bodies, as shown right after that part. I don't think the image is very good evidence for EUT because the "craters" there look more like holes, and the trenches don't well resemble planetary trenches, rilles, gouges, canyons etc. Offhand, I think that's probably one of the weakest parts of the video.

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Lloyd, one thing I always do is listen to hear if two people raise the same criticism, unprompted, when reviewing a video segment draft. Lots of folks have commented publicly and privately, but none have raised the issue you raise. My personal impression is that the conjunction of craters, crater chains, and surface gouges in the Ransom experiment is amongst the most interesting and compelling results he's produced. And I do see countless parallels on planetary surfaces. The one qualification is that scaled up to planetary dimensions, the grains of material in a laboratory experiment will not represent the fine soil on a planet. Here the scaling issue means that the effected lab materials will often appear more grainy and less smoothly cut than the planetary surface.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Excellent video.

Note: small typoe @ 1:01... just some consistency with cathode vs anode "Charge" vs "charge" that should be tidied before burning to discs.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm

* Re the 20 second segment with the image from Vemasat Labs that I mildly criticized:
Dave T said: Lots of folks have commented publicly and privately, but none have raised the issue you raise.
Most people don't observe as closely as I do [though some observe more closely]. But it seems that, when a close observer brings up such a point, that's the time to ask a few other objective people to observe that item closely to get their take. I was trying to look at the video from the perspective of someone who is unfamiliar with EU theory, which I think is the perspective you need reviewers to have. Right? I acknowledge that my impression is subjective, but I think many neophytes are likely to get a similar impression.
* I can live with that image, but, when I first saw it on a TPOD a few years ago, I wasn't very impressed with it at that time either. There are a lot of other TPOD lab images that impress me a lot more than that one does. The most impressive of all might be the one that made a fulgamite that resembled Olympus Mons. I think that one even had a little rille on it. Some of the lab-produced TPOD images of craters, blueberries, terella, aurorae, Lichtenberg figures etc were much more impressive to me. Zane's CRT experiments also impressed me more than that one in the new video.
* I won't belabor this issue any longer, unless someone asks me to.

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:01 am

Though I've already applied the effectiveness test in discussions with others, we can do it again in this medium, since the image was the subject of a TPOD I wrote back in 2005:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/ ... icwind.htm

The question is whether the image and related text and links support certain claims we have made, 1) that on planets and moons there is a remarkable connection between craters, crater chains, gouges, and rilles; 2) that electrical behavior is the one explanation for the connection that consistently works; and, 3) that under scrutiny, standard theories consistently fail.

It would be nice to see Nereid and Physicist step in here, since (in the interdisciplinary world of the EU) evidence for electrical scarring of planets and moons is a cosmic shout that cannot be ignored when discussing other nuances of the EU.

As a reminder to others, here is the link to the video:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/online_videos.htm

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Since I've tangented this specific subject regarding images before, I'd like to refer to an older post:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... hp?p=36371

Half way down the page, the images are represented as images instead of links. Perhaps they support the same case just as illustratively?

remelic

Unread post by remelic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Here is a picture of my plasma ball. This is a clear demonstration of a main-streamer with sub-streamers. Now let this structure snake across the surface of wet clay and you might get a better result. Salt-water would work better.

Here is another one. Another thing I noticed that was interesting, when you place your finger very close to the glass barely touching it, the plasma will create concentric rings around the fingertip of increasing density toward the center. Reminded me of the different layers that planets have in their design.
Secrets of Edward Leedskalnin
“Like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed.” - Nikola Tesla
Electricity = Magnetism x Speed of Light Squared... Thats what he really meant.