Electric discharges to dusty CRT match planetary features

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

StefanR

Re: Electric discharges to dusty CRT match planetary features

Unread post by StefanR » Tue May 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Dendritic flux avalanches in superconductors

http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... 4783#p4783
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed May 07, 2008 5:51 pm

What were we thinking :( :|

It's Iron Snow :roll: :
Iron 'snow' helps maintain Mercury's magnetic field, scientists say
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — New scientific evidence suggests that deep inside the planet Mercury, iron “snow” forms and falls toward the center of the planet, much like snowflakes form in Earth’s atmosphere and fall to the ground.

The movement of this iron snow could be responsible for Mercury’s mysterious magnetic field, say researchers from the University of Illinois and Case Western Reserve University. In a paper published in the April issue of the journal Geophysical Research Letters, the scientists describe laboratory measurements and models that mimic conditions believed to exist within Mercury’s core.

“Mercury’s snowing core opens up new scenarios where convection may originate and generate global magnetic fields,” said U. of I. geology professor Jie (Jackie) Li. “Our findings have direct implications for understanding the nature and evolution of Mercury’s core, and those of other planets and moons.”

Mercury is the innermost planet in our solar system and, other than Earth, the only terrestrial planet that possesses a global magnetic field. Discovered in the 1970s by NASA’s Mariner 10 spacecraft, Mercury’s magnetic field is about 100 times weaker than Earth’s. Most models cannot account for such a weak magnetic field.

Made mostly of iron, Mercury’s core is also thought to contain sulfur, which lowers the melting point of iron and plays an important role in producing the planet’s magnetic field.

“Recent Earth-based radar measurements of Mercury’s rotation revealed a slight rocking motion that implied the planet’s core is at least partially molten,” said Illinois graduate student Bin Chen, the paper’s lead author. “But, in the absence of seismological data from the planet, we know very little about its core.”

To better understand the physical state of Mercury’s core, the researchers used a multi-anvil apparatus to study the melting behavior of an iron-sulfur mixture at high pressures and high temperatures.

In each experiment, an iron-sulfur sample was compressed to a specific pressure and heated to a specific temperature. The sample was then quenched, cut in two, and analyzed with a scanning electron microscope and an electron probe microanalyzer.

“Rapid quenching preserves the sample’s texture, which reveals the separation of the solid and liquid phases, and the sulfur content in each phase,” Chen said. “Based on our experimental results, we can infer what is going on in Mercury’s core.”

As the molten, iron-sulfur mixture in the outer core slowly cools, iron atoms condense into cubic “flakes” that fall toward the planet’s center, Chen said. As the iron snow sinks and the lighter, sulfur-rich liquid rises, convection currents are created that power the dynamo and produce the planet’s weak magnetic field.

Mercury’s core is most likely precipitating iron snow in two distinct zones, the researchers report. This double-snow state may be unique among the terrestrial planets and terrestrial-like moons in our solar system.

“Our findings provide a new context into which forthcoming observational data from NASA’s MESSENGER spacecraft can be placed,” Li said. “We can now connect the physical state of our innermost planet with the formation and evolution of terrestrial planets in general.”
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050708.php
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Well now Stefan, your post before the last one has me so amazed at the appearance of the dendritic patterns and i hope to get through the post soon. I'm supposing that there is an electrical component behind the patterns that is being pointed out, if not it should be clear, right?

This last post has me wondering about how to apply what seems to me a wild notion. What is your take on this? d...z

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 pm

I'm supposing that there is an electrical component behind the patterns that is being pointed out, if not it should be clear, right?
This last post has me wondering about how to apply what seems to me a wild notion. What is your take on this? d...z
If you read the post and the accompanying link, not only the electrical component will be clear but your neurons will form new dendrites too! :D ;)

About the last post, I just added it for the fun. When one reads:
New scientific evidence suggests that deep inside the planet Mercury, iron “snow” forms and falls toward the center of the planet, much like snowflakes form in Earth’s atmosphere and fall to the ground
Mercury’s magnetic field is about 100 times weaker than Earth’s. Most models cannot account for such a weak magnetic field.
Made mostly of iron, Mercury’s core is also thought to contain sulfur, which lowers the melting point of iron and plays an important role in producing the planet’s magnetic field.
the scientists describe laboratory measurements and models that mimic conditions believed to exist within Mercury’s core.
Illinois graduate student Bin Chen, the paper’s lead author. But, in the absence of seismological data from the planet, we know very little about its core.”
the researchers used a multi-anvil apparatus to study the melting behavior of an iron-sulfur mixture at high pressures and high temperatures.
Based on our experimental results, we can infer what is going on in Mercury’s core.”
“Our findings provide a new context into which forthcoming observational data from NASA’s MESSENGER spacecraft can be placed,” Li said. “We can now connect the physical state of our innermost planet with the formation and evolution of terrestrial planets in general.”

I personnaly think, the anvil hit more than just iron-sulfur mixtures, but some folks have been putting their heads underneath as well.
In that fashion, if I hit a ironbar with a hammer and I see sparks, that will prove the electric nature of the core of Mercury. Can I get a research grant too now?

Please?

pretty please, with iron snow on top?

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Thu May 08, 2008 8:16 am

I sort-a thought that might be your reason for posting it. Might you agree that there should be grant money given to the investigation of patterns formed in CRT experiments? It at least has some degree of credibility, IMHO. d...z

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Thu May 08, 2008 9:27 am

Might you agree that there should be grant money given to the investigation of patterns formed in CRT experiments?
Most surely, but who knows what happens when the idea is seen on your poster-presentation. ;)

In the mean time the guys on the payroll are still groping for insights. :)

The spider” now has an official name: Pantheon Fossae. As first presented at the NASA press conference on January 30, when MESSENGER flew by Mercury on January 14, 2008, the Mercury Dual Imaging System (MDIS) snapped images of an intriguing and previously unknown feature on the surface of Mercury. Near the center of the Caloris basin, a set of troughs (called graben by geologists) was observed to radiate outward in a pattern unlike anything ever seen on Mercury. The Science Team nicknamed this unique feature “the spider.” The International Astronomical Union (IAU) recently approved the official name of Pantheon Fossae, as detailed in the MESSENGER press release issued last week.

The word fossa is Latin and means trench. The term is used in planetary geology to name features that are long, narrow, shallow depressions. Fossae, the plural of fossa, have been named on planetary bodies including Mars, Venus, and the Moon, but Pantheon Fossae are the first to be named on Mercury. The name is taken from the Pantheon in Rome, an ancient temple with a classic domed roof. The dome of the Pantheon has a series of sunken panels that radiate from a central circular opening at the top of the dome, and Mercury’s Pantheon Fossae is reminiscent of this pattern. Consequently, the crater near the center of Pantheon Fossae is now named Apollodorus, who is credited by some as being the architect of the Pantheon. Apollodorus, shown in the middle of this Narrow Angle Camera (NAC) image, has a diameter of 41 kilometers (25 miles). MESSENGER scientists are debating whether Apollodorus played a role in the formation of Pantheon Fossae or whether the crater is simply from a later impact that occurred close to the center of the radial pattern.
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sci ... age_id=182

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:49 pm

As i near the final draft of the presentation it can be pre-viewed if you'd like to receive a 400kb file. It can then be enlarged to the actual size of the poster using windows picture and fax viewer. I may have it smaller by the time you ask.

You feedback is most welcomed. d..z

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Has anyone noticed that Pantheon Fossae seems to have a hexagonal shape? :o Another hexagon impact-remarkable! :roll: :lol:

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Thu May 15, 2008 1:16 pm

This link will take you to what is shaping up to be the final draft of poster08.
Still time for input and credit additions for all you who frequented with contributions of info. d...z

http://www.para-az.com/poster-08cf2.gif

dahlenaz

Presentation Assistant

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 am

Somewhere in this thread or on the poster site i mentioned that a person has stepped forward to assist in placing the poster at ICOPS 08. I am relatively sure that this is still the case but not completely sure that just placement will satisfy the organizers. It seems that placement of the poster is the limit of the commitment, meaning that being with the poster during the session as specified by the organizers is not fulfilled for sure.

SO, If someone comes along who can stay with the poster during the session the opportunity will go to that person.
If anyone out there is interested in attending this conference and attending to the poster, your help would be greatly appreciated. At this point i've promised to compensate Mr. Jan Weiss for a half day of effort in placing the poster but that agreement is transferable to the person who can more thoroughly fulfill the needs of this situation I've got myself into.

http://www.icops08.org is the website and the 16th 0f June is the day of the poster session. Posters can be put up as early as 9:00 am, the session is at 13:00 - 14:00 and during the afternoon break of other sessions the organizers have requested that the posters be attended.

Registration has been paid for a student IEEE member but i can change the name of the person who attends and adjust the registration fee to a non-member student. This is one time when i wish i had the funds and ability to travel out of the u.s.. I never imagined that the abstract for this poster would get the nod from ICOPS.
Any suggestion on resolving this uncertainty or the situation would be appreciated. dahlenaz

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:23 pm

BRIGHT RAY SYSTEMS
The Moon - A Full Description and Map of its Principal Physical Features
By Thomas Gwyn Elger, FRAS

Reference has already been made to the faint light streaks and markings often found on the floors of the
ring-mountains and in other situations, and to the brilliant _nimbi_ surrounding some of the smaller
craters; but, in addition to these, many objects on the moon's visible surface are associated with a much
more remarkable and conspicuous phenomenon--the bright rays which, under a high sun, are seen either
to radiate from them as apparent centres to great distances, or, in the form of irregular light areas, to
environ them, and to throw out wide-spreading lucid beams, extending occasionally many hundreds of
miles from their origin.

The rays emanating from Tycho surpass in extent and interest any of the others. Hundreds of distinct
light streaks originate round the grey margin of this magnificent object, some of them extending over a
greater part of the moon's visible superficies, and "radiating," in the words of Professor Phillips, "like
false meridians, or like meridians true to an earlier pole of rotation." No systematic attempt has yet been
made to map them accurately as a whole on a large scale, for their extreme intricacy and delicacy would
render the task a very difficult one, and, moreover, would demand a long course of observation with a
powerful telescope in an ideal situation; but Professor W.H. Pickering, observing under these conditions
at Arequipa, has recently devoted considerable attention both to the Tycho and other rays, with
especially suggestive and important results, which may be briefly summarised as follows:

(1.) That the Tycho streaks do not radiate from the apparent centre of this formation, but point towards a
multitude of minute craterlets on its south-eastern or northern rims. Similar craterlets occur on the rims
of other great craters, forming ray-centres.
(2.) Speaking generally, a very minute and brilliant crater is located at the end of the streak nearest the
radiant point, the streak spreading out and becoming fainter towards the other end. The majority of the
streaks appear to issue from one or more of these minute craters, which rarely exceed a mile in diameter.
(3.) The streaks which do not issue from minute craters, usually lie upon or across ridges, or in other
similar exposed situations, sometimes apparently coming through notches in the mountain walls.
(4.) Many of the Copernicus streaks start from craterlets within the rim, flow up the inside and down the
outside of the walls. Kepler includes two such craterlets, but here the flow seems to have been more
uniform over the edges of the whole crater, and is not distinctly divided up into separate streams.
(5.) Though there are similar craters within Tycho, the streaks from them do not extend far beyond the
walls. All the conspicuous Tycho streaks originate outside the rim.
(6.) The streaks of Copernicus, Kepler, and Aristarchus are greyish in colour, and much less white than
those associated with Tycho: some white lines extending south-east from Aristarchus do not apparently
belong to the system. In the case of craterlets lying between Aristarchus and Copernicus the streaks
point away from the latter.
(7.) There are no very long streaks; they vary from ten to fifty miles in length, and are rarely more than a
quarter of a mile broad at the crater. From this point they gradually widen out and become fainter. Their
width, however, at the end farthest from the crater, seldom exceeds five miles.

These statements, especially those relating to the length of the streaks, are utterly opposed to prevailing
notions, but Professor Pickering specifies the case of the two familiar parallel rays extending from the
north-east of Tycho to the region east of Bullialdus. His observations show that these streaks, originating
at a number of little craters situated from thirty to sixty miles beyond the confines of Tycho, "enter a
couple of broad slightly depressed valleys. In these valleys are found numerous minute craters of the
kind above described, with intensely brilliant interiors. When the streaks issuing from those craters near
Tycho are nearly exhausted, they are reinforced by streaks from other craters which they encounter upon
the way, the streaks becoming more pronounced at these points. These streaks are again reinforced
farther out. These parallel rays must therefore not be considered as two streaks, but as two series of
streaks, the components of which are placed end to end."

Thus, according to Professor Pickering, we must no longer regard the rays emanating from the Tycho
region and other centres as continuous, but as consisting of a succession of short lengths, diminishing in
brilliancy but increasing in width, till they reach the next crater lying in their direction, when they are
reinforced; and the same process of gradual diminution in brightness and reinforcement goes on from
one end to the other.

The following explanation is suggested to account for the origin of the rays: "The earth and her satellite
may differ not so much as regards volcanic action as in the densities of their atmospheres. Thus if the
craterlets on the rim of Tycho were constantly giving out large quantities of gas or steam, which in other
regions was being constantly absorbed or condensed, we should have a wind uniformly blowing away
from that summit in all directions. Should other summits in its vicinity occasionally give out gases,
mixed with any fine white powder, such as pumice, this powder would be carried away from Tycho,
forming streaks."
The difficulty surrounding this very ingenious hypothesis is, that though, assuming the existence of
pumice-emitting craters and regions of condensation, there might be a more or less lineal and streaky
deposition of this white material over large areas of the moon, why should this deposit be so definitely
arranged, and why should these active little craters happen to lie on these particular lines?
The confused network of streaks round Copernicus seem to respond more happily to the requirements of
Professor Pickering's hypothesis, for here there is an absence of that definiteness of direction so
manifestly displayed in the case of the Tycho rays, and we can well imagine that with an area of
condensation surrounding this magnificent object beyond the limits of the streaks, and a number of
active little craters on and about its rim, the white material ejected might be drawn outwards in every
direction by wind currents, which possibly once existed, and, settling down, assume forms such as we
see.

Nasmyth's well-known hypothesis attributes the radiating streaks to cracks in the lunar globe caused by
the action of an upheaving force, and accounts for their whiteness by the outwelling of lava from them
which has spread to a greater or less distance on either side. If the moon has been fractured in this way,
we can easily suppose that the craters formed on these fissures, being in communication with the
interior, might eject some pulverulent white matter long after the rest of the surface with its other types
of craters had attained a quiescent stage.

The Tycho rays, when viewed under ordinary conditions, appear to extend in unbroken bands to
immense distances. One of the most remarkable, strikes along the eastern side of Fracastorius, across the
Mare Nectaris to Guttemberg, while another, more central, extends, with local variations in brightness,
through Menelaus, over the Mare Serenitatis nearly to the north-west limb. This is the ray that figures so
prominently in rude woodcuts of the moon, in which the Mare Serenitatis traversed by it is made to
resemble the Greek letter PHI. The Kepler, Aristarchus, and Copernicus systems, though of much
smaller extent, are very noteworthy from the crossing and apparent interference of the rays; while those
near Byrgius, round Aristarchus, and the rays from Proclus, are equally remarkable.
[Nichol found that the rays from Kepler cut through rays from Copernicus and Aristarchus, while rays
from the latter cut through rays from the former. He therefore inferred that their relative ages stand in
the order, Copernicus, Aristarchus, Kepler.]

As no branch of selenography has been more neglected than the observation of these interesting but
enigmatical features, one may hope that, in spite of the exacting conditions as to situation and
instrumental requirements necessary for their successful scrutiny, the fairly equipped amateur in this less
favoured country will not be deterred from attempting to clear up some of the doubts and difficulties
which at present exist as to their actual nature.
http://www.zone-vx.com/tlo.pdf

StefanR

Rimae

Unread post by StefanR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Sinuous Rimae
This south looking oblique view, centered near 25.5° N, 50.5° W, depicts a prominent "cobra head" rille, Vallis Schroteri (Schroter's Valley). In the foreground is the Aristarchus plateau, and in the background the smooth surface of Oceanus Procellarum. The two large craters in the middleground are Aristarchus (38 km diameter) on the left, and Herodotus (30 km diameter) on the right. At first look the sinuous, flat floored Schroter's Valley and the tightly meandering channel within bear a striking resemblance to river valleys on Earth, and some viewers of the Moon have thought that sinuous rilles were formed by flowing water. In detail, however, sinuous rilles differ from river valleys in many respects; for instance, Schroter's Valley becomes smaller toward its downstream end. They are much like an entirely different terrestrial feature-lava channels. (See fig. 189.) Most geologists think that Schroter's Valley is a channel through which lava flowed from the circular crater at the "head" of the rille to the lower elevation of Oceanus Procellarum, a distance of approximately 175 km. Figures 186 to 188 are enlargements of the four sided areas outlined in this photograph.-M.C.M.

[179] The sinuous valleys on the Moon (called sinuous rimae or rilles) have been the focus of much debate. The most extreme view is that they were cut by flowing water. However, study of the details of their shape and the nearly complete lack of water in returned lunar samples make this hypothesis very unlikely. Two other possible hypotheses are that they were formed by faulting and subsidence of the lunar crust and that they are lava channels or collapsed lava tubes. The wide variety in shapes suggests that both of the latter processes have been involved. Some sinuous rilles seem to represent almost pure fault troughs while others represent valleys that were formed by flowing lava and modified by filling of slump materials from the walls.

Data obtained by the Apollo 15 astronauts when they landed beside Hadley Rille indicate that layered basaltic lava flows are exposed in the walls of the valley. These rocks may be the only ones sampled during Apollo that had not been moved one or more times by impact; that is, they were "bedrock" samples. Hadley Rille starts in a volcanic crater on the flank of the Apennine Mountains and flows into the Imbrium basin. The floor of the channel is very irregular; possible eruptions of lava along the channel course may have added to the material flowing from the source crater. Also, the meander pattern of the rille, with points projecting into the channel on one side and rounded on the opposite shores, indicates a great deal of modification by flowing lava of what may originally have been a fault trough.

In some sinuous channels a small valley has formed within a larger valley, indicating at least two episodes of valley formation. Other meandering channels do not start or stop in a crater-they are formed on lava plains that are so flat it is difficult to tell the direction of flow. Still other channels have formed on mountainsides covered by hummocky ejecta thrown outward from major impact basins; these rilles may have been formed by some process other than lava flows.
This volcanic crater and lava channel are near Craters of the Moon National Monument in southeastern Idaho. The resemblance to lunar "cobra head" rilles (like the one in fig. 188) is immediately apparent. The crater lies in the gently sloping Snake River Plain, a broad expanse of volcanic rock with craters and linear and sinuous features thought to have formed in the same manner as their lunar counterparts. Apollo astronauts studied this area in preparation for lunar missions. The crater pictured is approximately 100 m in diameter, and the associated channel is over 5 km long.-M.C.M.
In summary, there appear to be several different types of sinuous valleys on the Moon. One current theory is that most of them are channels formed by basaltic lavas. The valleys may have originated as fault troughs that were later modified and obscured by lava flows, impact ejecta, or landslide material from the walls. A few of the sinuous valleys (those that have formed on the hummocky mountainous terrain) still are difficult to explain by the processes suggested so far. H.M.
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-362/ch6.1.htm

U.A.I. - SEZIONE LUNA - CATALOGO RIMAE
http://www.lpod.org/cwm/DataStuff/UAI-Rilles.htm

Summary
The majority of the lunar nearside graben have been
measured for location, width, depth and length. They
average 1.5 – 3 km wide and 50 – 250 m deep.
Length is variable, but many are between 50 and 100
km long. The are most often associated with maria, at
or around mare – highland boundaries. They are usually
found within 40° of the lunar equator, and occur
further south in the west and further north in the east.
They are of at least Upper Imbrian age, and often have
volcanic features associated with them. This is may
indicate that many graben were formed by nearsurface
deformation accompanying shallow dyke emplacement.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/LPSC99/pdf/1333.pdf
Summary
If association with volcanic features is evidence of
formation by shallow dyke emplacement, then many
graben may be the sites of underlying dykes. This has
implications for the bulk composition of the lunar
crust and its geothermal history. If the age relations
given by current lunar geologic maps are accurate,
then graben formation may well have continued well
beyond the Upper Imbrian period
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/LPSC99/pdf/1335.pdf

dahlenaz

Thank you all, ICOPS08 approaches.

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 pm

For those of you who have dedicated effort and contibuted information that
has gone into the presentation
which is on its way to ICOPS08, let me express the greatest of appreciation
possible in words. Thank-you so much!

Two individuals have come forward to offer their assistance in placing the
poster and attending to it during
the session. We owe them a round of appreciation for applying time and
effort in getting this work before the
eyes of conference participants. Jan Weiss and David Schmitz, Thank-you both
from the depths of my heart.
Their e-dress are jan.weiss@bonding.de and David.Schmitz@bonding.de.

Jan will be placing and retreiving the poster and attending
during the session. David was standing by to fill in if needed.

I'll be placing a photo of the displayed poster here when it is provided.

I can only hope that the poster reaches out to encourage thorough
consideration of all possible
mechanisms and also that someone carries this to the next levels of
experimental investigation.

Special thanks to Wal Thornhill and Bert Hickman for their valuable ground work
and images. Thanks you all for moving the subject of the electric universe forward.

dahlenaz fieldmod@dahlendesigns.com

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:32 am

8-) 8-) 8-)

A big thumbs up for you and Jan and David.

Super!! :)

Solar

Re: Thank you all, ICOPS08 approaches.

Unread post by Solar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm

dahlenaz wrote:For those of you who have dedicated effort and contibuted information that
has gone into the presentation
which is on its way to ICOPS08, let me express the greatest of appreciation
possible in words. Thank-you so much!
Well.. I think it's a great thing for you to have found, and worked with, such an intuitive way of presenting some of the EU concepts and would like to return the 'Thank-you' for all of the effort you've put forth in presenting it. To be honest, the 'impact theorist' should be embarrassed in the extreme. :P
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden