Electric Volcanoes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MattL

Electric Volcanoes

Unread post by MattL » Thu May 08, 2008 10:11 am

I apologize if this has already been posted, but this link contains amazing pictures of the Chaiten Volcano Eruption and the accompanying lightning display.

http://megagalerias.terra.cl/galerias/i ... eria=30734

Cheers, and enjoy!
Last edited by nick c on Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: thread title changed for the purpose of merging posts

Grey Cloud

Re: Chile's Chaiten Volcano Eruption (lots of lightning pics)

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 08, 2008 2:09 pm

There is a great image of the lightning here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Awesome Pics!!!
:D

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 08, 2008 2:27 pm

This volcano is going to play merry hell with the man-made global warming stats.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu May 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:There is a great image of the lightning here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811
Shades of St. Helens (U.S.). Very reminiscent of Portland, Oregon back in the day. I remember my wife at the time and I walking home the evening of the day the ashfall hit ... completely surreal. And no face mask thingamajiggie, just an umbrella. Came across a mewing, tiny black kitten, appearing just slightly freaked and huddled beneath a shrub along the way so we took it home with us. Hazy recall now, but must have been 2-3 inches of grey ash on the ground.

Please pardon the detour down memory lane. Back to Chile ....
volcano_468x336.jpg
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Fri May 09, 2008 9:58 am

I may be waffling but the Chilean volcano is roughly antipodal to the area that the Burmese cyclone originated from. A possible connection?

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

Sandra Rodriguez

A fireball and a second volcano 40 kms south of Chaitén

Unread post by Sandra Rodriguez » Sun May 11, 2008 11:48 pm

On Saturday, April 12 (19,45 hrs), a huge fireball swept down over the Chacarilla Hills that encircle Santiago, Chile’s capital city. Researchers of these phenomena that witnessed the event were able to take photos, and promptly e-mail them to diverse forums. Then, I wonder...could this be related to the Chaitén eruption that began on May 2?

Reports from Chile indicate that the very same day a second volcano, the Mochimahuida, some 40 kilometers to the south of Chaitén, began erupting after having remained dormant for almost two centuries. The Chaitén had last erupted in 7420 B.C., or 9,370 years ago, according to the Chilean National Geological Survey.

More info at:

Cloud of ash and smoke above Michimahuida Volcano visible from Puerto Montt
http://www.emol.com/noticias/ingles/det ... cia=302742

Fireball over Chacarillas Mountains
http://noufa2.blogspot.com/2008/05/sorp ... os-de.html

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Sandra Rodríguez
San Juan, Puerto Rico
sarodgz@gmail.com
(FMV 5-12-08: removed non-functional BBcode)

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Mon May 12, 2008 11:29 pm

WOW weird pics!!! beautiful I'm speechless!!!

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 am

(Lightning Storm Generated by Chilean Volcano)
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/07 ... no-images/

Good images here too. With a few links to higher resolution images...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Sandra Rodriguez

NO SECOND VOLCANO ERUPTING IN CHILE

Unread post by Sandra Rodriguez » Fri May 16, 2008 6:58 am

Just got word from Chile that the Machimahuida report was a mistake. People who saw a great column of smoke thought it was a second volcano erupting, but pilots from the National Emergency Office flying over the region were able to corroborate that the reported smoke column was part of the Chaitén eruption.

Still, friends writing from Chile speak of a large scale disaster. They say 2 or 3 generations will pass before lands in the area become fertile again.

Those of you who read Alexey Dmitriev’s Planetophysical State of the Earth and Life, surely remember the following:

“It is reasonable to point out that our Planet will soon be experiencing these new conditions of growing energy signifying the transition into a new state and quality of Space-Earth relationship.

The living organisms of those regions of Earth having the major "inlets", or attractions, for cosmic influences will be taking the lead in evolving life's appropriate reactions, or processes, to these new conditions.

These zones of vertical commutations and energy transfers are already becoming the heart, or hotbeds, in the search for new systems of adaptation and mutual transformation. The general list of these zones includes:

the polar regions,

the eastern continental extremities of the equatorial regions [Caribbean, Madagascar, Philippines, Yellow Sea, etc.],

and the inner continental zones tending to folding and uplifting [Himalayas, Pamir-Hindukush, Altay-Sayan systems, etc.] [Note SR: and the ANDES]

The most significant of these areas are the helio-sensitive zones which have intense responses to geoeffective solar activities; responses that include the very dramatic and unusual manifestation of non-homogeneous vacuum, or classical non-mechanical ether, domain structures.

These structures, or objects, then interact with the heliosensitive zones producing deep and powerful effects upon the environment such as the alteration of seismic activities, and chemical compositions.”

We only have to think of the August 15, 2007 earthquake in Peru (8.0 quake, epicenter in Peru's southern desert, at the boundary where the Nazca and South American tectonic plates meet) when the spectacular display of lights in the sky generated by the tremors, were seen as far as the capital city, Lima, some 200 Km up North.

Nobody could explain the fantastic lights, but I think the answer lies in Dmitriev’s Planetophysical Function of Vacuum Domains, an essay in which he delves fully into a subject included briefly in the previous article, that of the physical vacuum (PV), "a non-homogeneity or a local modification where electrodynamics and gravidynamics are coupled. Vacuum domains in the model possess a set of specific features which include penetration through any kind of matter, where VD's introduce electric, magnetic, gravitational, spin fields and the distributed angular momentum."

Inside VDs, Dmitriev explains, "penetrating gravispin waves (gravitons) are transformed into electromagnetic waves (photons)."

"To all Earth shells, from magnetosphere to mantle, the VDs bring electric circuits and discharges, magnetic variations and pulses, mechanical stresses and changes in the velocity and intensity of chemical reactions in atmosphere, heliosphere and lithosphere: all these phenomena being unexplainable by classic theories."

"VDs are localized in lithosphere in the conductive and elastic media, where they may produce pulsed heat release (such as "contact heat explosions" forming kimberlite pipes) and produce enormous torsion stress affecting the nature of tectonophysical processes and the seismic regime of the Earth."

"VDs are identified with manifold natural self-luminous objects of different kinds, such as ball lightnings, "plasmoids", poltergeist, tornadoes, "angels", "small comets or atmospheric holes", ionosphere and atmospheric explosions, ithosphere explosion tubes, "sprites", the glows connected with the earthquakes and the volcanic eruptions.

PLANETOPHYSICAL FUNCTION OF VACUUM DOMAINS
A.N. Dmitriev , V.L. Dyatlov , A.V. Tetenov
http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/planetary/pfvd.html

PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF EARTH AND LIFE
By DR. ALEXEY N. DMITRIEV* January 8, 1998
http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/global/planetophysical.html

VIDEOS OF LIGHTS IN THE SKY DURING THE 2007 PERU EARTHQUAKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxfkvrbt9kc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHmHsP1gd8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzjs_vo092s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNxn01F8mM

WE ARE INDEED LIVING IN...INTERESTING TIMES...
(FMV 5-16-08: Merged post from new topic into existing topic on same subject.)

MGmirkin

Re: NO SECOND VOLCANO ERUPTING IN CHILE

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri May 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Sandra Rodriguez wrote:Just got word from Chile that the Machimahuida report was a mistake. People who saw a great column of smoke thought it was a second volcano erupting, but pilots from the National Emergency Office flying over the region were able to corroborate that the reported smoke column was part of the Chaitén eruption.

Still, friends writing from Chile speak of a large scale disaster. They say 2 or 3 generations will pass before lands in the area become fertile again.
Interesting... :) Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Forum Moderator

Unread post by Forum Moderator » Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Merged all Chaiten eruption posts into single thread, including the erroneous report of a second volcano and th subsequent retraction.

-Forum Moderator
(FMV 5-16-08: Merged all relevant Chaiten eruption threads into one.)

dahlenaz

Volcano lightening

Unread post by dahlenaz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 am

I've placed some links on a page at http://www.para-az.com/chilelinks.html

to images of lightening during a volcano's eruption in Chile

here is the best as a sample

Grey Cloud

Re: Volcano lightning

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 am

The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 am

Wonderful pictures!

This image especially:

Is there any significance in the differing colours of the lightning bolts? There's the blue one on the far right, then the orange beastie that's wrapped itself round the base of the pyroclastic plume and appears to be exiting (or entering) at the top. There's a violet, y shaped branch right in the centre and the large (positive) bolt to the left has whited out the camera...so I'm going with white! I don't know if it's the different conductive medium or even the different backdrop.

Does the cloud deck in the picture correspond to the actual cloud deck (around the centre of the troposphere), or is it the sliding along the bottom of the stratosphere in the same manner as the anvil part of a Thundercloud?

Most of the lightning, including the large bolt to the left, seems separate from the volcanic plume. Doesn't this fly in the face of accepted theory i.e. that volcanic lightning comes from the "static" charge accumulated by particles in the plume?

Also, is this image too big for the forum, cos I'll swap it for the original link if it is.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley