Moon Craters

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Hexagonal Craters

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:54 am

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:57 pm Post subject: Iapetus Reply with quote
OP "davesmith_au"

http://www.enterprisemission.com/moon2.htm
That Iapetus is not one of the normal “moons” of Saturn -- but is actually a 900-mile-wide, manufactured, ancient world-sized spaceship ... created under 1/40th terrestrial gravity according to a fractally apparent, “tetrahedral” pattern!
Please!
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:55 am

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Pfhoenix"

I scoffed until I saw the Death Star comparison. Then I choked on my drink.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 am

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Iapetus Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
davesmith_au wrote: http://www.enterprisemission.com/moon2.htm
That Iapetus is not one of the normal “moons” of Saturn -- but is actually a 900-mile-wide, manufactured, ancient world-sized spaceship ... created under 1/40th terrestrial gravity according to a fractally apparent, “tetrahedral” pattern!
Please!
That's just... Bizarre...

A number of the craters he cites seem to have at best "scalloped" edges consistent with Wal's interpretation of Victoria Crater.

Has he even LOOKED at any of the close-ups?

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA06171
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA06170

I mean there's really nothing there but a big hunk of rock and lots of craters.

Nothing more need be said, methinks...

~Michael Gm.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:00 am

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
lk wrote: ....
- I consider the artificiality hypothesis to be reasonable, and whether that turns out to be correct or not, Hoagland's evidence of tetrahedral and related geometrical features on many bodies seems to be a promising one for inclusion with EU theory.
Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything you don't find reasonable, lk. I'm not trying to sound mean-spirited but didn't you mention somewhere you had earned a BSc? And you find Hoagland scientific?

Hoagland's evidence, my foot. It's a space agency's evidence. And it's a natural spin frequency related phenomenon that has been reproduced in the lab with a spinning bucket of water for chrissakes. Not difficult to extrapolate it to other (temporarily) liquified, gaseous, or plasma media under spinning electrical and mechanical stress. There's a post on it somewhere (maybe Cymatics).

How ironic. I sound more like Pfhoenix and here he is in this thread choking on his drink over a Star Wars comparison.
bonk.gif
bonk.gif (976 Bytes) Viewed 124798 times
stars.gif
stars.gif (1.64 KiB) Viewed 124798 times

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:01 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Pfhoenix"

You can't imagine the hilarity in thinking "Here we go, another crank's conspiracy theory page." Then "Oh look, now oddly shaped moons are alien spacecraft. THE DEATH STAR?!?"

You don't find that the epitome of outrageous claims? It takes brass balls or the purest of retardation to even think of using a picture of the death star as evidence of any kind for anything. If that's what you consider evidence, I can prove to you right now that invisible gnomes do my laundry for me, in my washing machine, without using any electricity, powering the machine by the inherent mental power of a glass of orange juice.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:03 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "mgmirkin"
Pfhoenix wrote: If that's what you consider evidence, I can prove to you right now that invisible gnomes do my laundry for me, in my washing machine, without using any electricity, powering the machine by the inherent mental power of a glass of orange juice.
That was surreal. Not entirely sure what that meant. In about the same way I have no idea what Hoagland was talking about. And I was amused in about the same way as reading the Skeptical Enquirer, National Star, a few other tabloids or The Onion... :lol:

I probably shouldn't laugh. But, one must have a sense of humor about such things... Oy!

Again, I'll leave it at that.

~Michael

P.S. Maybe I missed it, or the image didn't load, but I didn't see an image of the "Death Star" in there. Actually I was hoping to see it right next to one of the better Iapetus images, just for humor value. But I guess I missed it. Where on the page was it (not that I want you to have to endure going back to the page again to find it)? ~MG

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:04 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us
Pfhoenix wrote: You can't imagine the hilarity in thinking "Here we go, another crank's conspiracy theory page." Then "Oh look, now oddly shaped moons are alien spacecraft. THE DEATH STAR?!?"

You don't find that the epitome of outrageous claims? It takes brass balls or the purest of retardation to even think of using a picture of the death star as evidence of any kind for anything. ....
Well, my faith is restored. I misinterpreted your wording of "I scoffed until ...." Forgive me, I should have known better.

On this point of outrageous claims we are in full agreement. (Wondering if this should be cause for alarm :? )

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:05 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
mgmirkin wrote: ....

P.S. Maybe I missed it, or the image didn't load, but I didn't see an image of the "Death Star" in there. Actually I was hoping to see it right next to one of the better Iapetus images, just for humor value. But I guess I missed it. Where on the page was it (not that I want you to have to endure going back to the page again to find it)? ~MG
I won't waste storage space on it; it's at the very end of the page here:

http://www.enterprisemission.com/moon3.htm

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:06 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lk"

- You guys are hypocrites. You expect outsiders to take EU theory at least seriously enough to have an objective look at it, but you don't know how to be objective yourselves. You can't admit that you don't know what you don't know. You only laugh at Hoagland, because he's not a mainstream scientist. His views are a lot closer to EU theory than mainstream science is. But do you laugh at mainstream scientists? I haven't noticed you doing that. You don't because you want the mainstream to accept your views, so you feign respect for them. You don't have the first requirement of a scientist, which is humility. You think you can woo mainstream science into finally acknowledging the merits of EU theory, but they lack humility too and aren't going to stoop to EU theory any more than you want to stoop to Hoagland's views.
- I've been trying to encourage us to work together with other off-broadway scientists, so we can have the numerical strength to demand and effect desperately needed improvement in scientific process, but I don't see signs of significant interest in that around here. It's pretty sad. I thought you guys were pretty mature, but laughing at other people's ideas is not mature.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:06 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 am Post subject: You guys are hypocrites... Reply with quote
OP "davesmith_au"

Mainstream science has got us to where we are at today. EU theory does not seek to denigrate all mainstream science in fact, in the long run it will enhance it, IMHO.

Whilst Hoagland may have some 'interesting' material which shares common ground with EU, his interpoltation of that material far exceeds the bounds of scientific evaluation, and so there the comparison ends.

The proponents of EU use scientific methods to back up what they do say, and usually and wisely say little until there is a reasonable body of evidence on which to base a statement.

Many 'mainstream' scientists are currently giving EU the once-over, and I don't think it is helpful to imply or create solid links to very questionable commentators.

Cheers, Dave Smith.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:08 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: The Tortured Landscape of Iapetus Reply with quote
OP "Solar"
Steve Smith wrote: Since Iapetus is 1400 kms in diameter, 600 km craters are hard to justify in an imapct scenario.
Iapetus Crater Chains

Steve

It's also odd to me, from classical impact scenario POV, that there are so very many tiny holes dotting the landscape.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:14 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:48 pm Post subject: Rationality Reply with quote
OP "Steve Smith"

It does sound hypocritical to denigrate the idea of Saturn's moon being a manufactured object if you think that anything could be true. But seriously, one must use a modicum of common sense when analyzing observations. It is un-reasonable to move directly to an alien-built object as the conclusion to strange formations on Iapetus. It is much more reasonable to look for a force that can produce the phenomena that we observe -- one that doesn't require intelligent intervention. That should be the LAST place we go for explanations since it allows for almost supernatural hypotheses.

I thought it was Mimas that was the Death Star?
mimas.jpg
(click to view larger image)

BTW, notice the hexagon? Here's another view of the top edge:
060911_mimas_04.jpg

More of the craters in Mimas:
IMG001647-br500.jpg

Steve

Last edited by Steve Smith on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:15 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "redeye"

If the hexagonal craters on Iapetus are formed by instabilities in the plasma stream that laid down the crater in the first place, why do we not see more of these formations in our solar system? Apart from one or two on our own moon I have been unable to find any others.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:20 am

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"

While obviously not related to Iapetus, but in the interest of polygonal structuring, is this (partially disrupted) hexagonal nebula formation on the dimensional scale of "light years" the result of natural processes or artificial manufacture a la Hoagland scientific interpretation?
N44FBubble.jpg

Article and conventional explanation at Hubble peers at celestial bubble

EDIT: See also this new thread from Solar, Hot!! Point Charge for a snapshot of a dynamic hex formation at Jupiter's north polar region.

EDIT#2: Look at the far lower-right-hand corner of the main golden hued nebular hex above ... you can see a reddish-brown roughly 5-sided pentagonal structure with a cross (an upright X) in the center.

EDIT#3: Just noticed a tetragon in the center. Polygons clearly indicated by arrows. There is, I would say, natural significance in the 4-5-6 sided frequency sequence present in this one nebula. How that works, I couldn't venture to speculate other to refer the mechanical spin stress experiments with water mentioned previously and observed cymatics/chladni effects with various media.
n44fbubble2.jpg

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:22 am

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lk"

GETTING BEARINGS
- I'm glad to see I may have some company here, i.e. Redeye. But bear with me a moment while I change the subject back a little. I may pursue this on another board, but I think I should complete my thinking process here first and see if yous can help me out in the thinking department. I'm trying to think logically and objectively, mostly.

- I think Dave's theory is that conventional science is basically sound & has therefore made a lot of progress & that EU theory would merely help astronomy make better progress. Is that an accurate statement?

- Lloyd's theory [me being Lloyd] is that conventional science is hardly any longer science at all and that it's been doing society more harm than good, especially in the last 40 years, by accepting a lot of wrong and often dangerous conclusions, which include:
1. that conventional science is rigorously scientific;
2. that relativity theory, quantum theory, string theory, uniformitarianism, Big Bang & expanding universe theory are correct;
3. that aether theory, electric & static universe theory & catastrophism are wrong;
4. that conventional long-term dating methods & redshift dating are correct;
5. that light & EM radiation are photons or quanta, rather than waves, or have dual properties;
6. that continental tectonic plates drift slowly from mid-ocean spreading zones by some unknown process and subduct under adjacent plates;
7. that the Earth and other solar system planets are 4.6 billion years old and that they have had very few collisions with interplanetary objects for billions of years;
8. that geological processes have insignificant influence from electrical forces;
9. that life evolves very slowly with little influence from electrical forces;
10. that there's no transmutation of elements in normal geology, chemistry, or biology;
11. that drugs, vaccines, surgery, radiation therapy, electroshock, metal dental implants, normal ELF, VLF & EM radiation exposure, microwave ovens, x-rays, genetically modified organisms, food additives, junk food, food processing methods, chemtrails & factory pollutants are all safe or at safe levels;
12. that prehistoric myths are fantasies, but history is accurately recorded and the news media is fair and objective;
13. that consciousness, telepathy, spirit etc are illusions;
14. that our education system is highly effective;
15. that the military-industrial complex & the capitalist profit motive system are largely benign and our political system is the best ever.

- I studied conventional science from 1963, my first year in high school, till about 1973 and studied many less conventional theories since 1969 in all the above categories and I regard all 15 of those broad categories of conventional assumptions as having high probabilities of being wrong.
- Most supporters of alternative theories can see & agree that the first assumption is partly wrong, that at least one field of science lacks scientific rigor. Each observer tends to see the problem only in one or two fields of science, like the blind men each studying a different piece of an elephant, and tends to assume that the other fields don't have similar flaws.
- How many sciences would I have to show lack scientific rigor to prove that nearly all science to a high degree of probability lacks such rigor? And if this is sufficiently shown, could EU theorists then logically afford to ignore this reality and proceed as if science is just fine?
- If the profit motive, greed and similar malevolent influences in society can be shown scientifically to be the primary impediments to scientific rigor in the sciences, would that not prove that those influences need to be addressed and reduced as much as possible before being able to expect the best scientific theories, such as EU, to be given fair hearings for the benefit of society, instead of for the benefit of the few who are insane?