EU theorist takes on establishment - Magnetic Reconnection

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

michael.suede

EU theorist takes on establishment - Magnetic Reconnection

Unread post by michael.suede » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I thought you might enjoy this.

http://www.bautforum.com/against-mainst ... ction.html

I take on the insurgents with authority.

It takes me a few pages to get my bearings straight, but I think I did a good job of defending my position.

Of course, I was summarily suspended after providing irrefutable arguments.

I'll be back from round 2 in a few days.

While I'm not a professional plasma physicist, which obviously puts me at a disadvantage, I know enough to be dangerous.

They suspended me for "not answering questions".

michael.suede

Re: EU theorist takes on establishment - Magnetic Reconnection

Unread post by michael.suede » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Dr. Scott - WHERE ARE UUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu

JohnMT

Unread post by JohnMT » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:19 am

Hi Michael,

I have been following the thread with interest.

You have certainly got them thinking (up to page 7 already!)

I would like to give some support, but due to my own past suspensions, reinstatements and banning, I no longer post on BAUT.
(Perhaps the EU 'Big Guns' might be of some help)

In my experiences on BAUT, try as hard as one likes, these guys will just not be beaten.
They are too entrenched within their own beliefs.

Keep up the good work (you are doing really well) and have a laugh along the way :-)

John

michael.suede

Unread post by michael.suede » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh man, I think I just rained on their parade.

hahahaha

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:53 pm

You go Michael! 8-)

I wanted to bring attention to a thread on jref forum where sol88 has been making a good case for the Electric Comet. I jumped in there on page 8 after RealityCheck came trolling for ammo to use against the EC model, but they wound up with a barracuda in their pool. :lol:
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

michael.suede

Unread post by michael.suede » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

If there are any professional physicists around that wanna jump in my thread please feel free hahaha.

I think I'm holding my own, but it would be nice to have backup.

JohnMT

Unread post by JohnMT » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:47 pm

I think I'm holding my own, but it would be nice to have backup.
You're doing just fine Michael.
I am impressed.

However, I am not too sure about Ian Tresman's brief remarks...perhaps he might elaborate.

To the Forum:

As declared, why not some of you Physicists on this site give Michael some back-up?
He's on a 'very good wicket' in my opinion.

Unfortunately I can't...'cause I'm banned from the BAUT...albeit in the name of the EU (and with little or no support.)

Keep up the good work Michael...

(I find in a humorous way that most of those guys on BAUT are suffering from a serious affliction of 'Cranio-Rectal Inversion'...Hahaha!) :-)

John

michael.suede

Unread post by michael.suede » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Tusenfem hasn't replied since dropped that bomb on him about hall reconnection.

Nereid is now in there basically demanding I answer all sorts of irrelevant questions that have nothing to do with what I have proposed, basically trying to derail the thread so they don't have to confront the problems I presented.

I have decided to leave the thread since no one is arguing with my claims any more besides korjik, who is an obvious imbecile.

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi michael.suede:
michael.suede wrote:Tusenfem hasn't replied since dropped that bomb on him about hall reconnection.

Nereid is now in there basically demanding I answer all sorts of irrelevant questions that have nothing to do with what I have proposed, basically trying to derail the thread so they don't have to confront the problems I presented.

I have decided to leave the thread since no one is arguing with my claims any more besides korjik, who is an obvious imbecile.
micheal.suede,

I wanted to say I really appreciate your website, Cosmology Quest, I have read a number of papers in your collection and reviewed others.

Great work :)

I think you did an excellent job at BAUT, I read the thread and you held your ground and to tusenfem's credit he did acknowledge some basic premises of Plasma Cosmology. Of course, he didn't acknowledge all your valid points, but that, frankly, is to be expected.

Still, tusenfem (an active plasma space physicist) acknowledged:

1. Electric current in space

2. Double layers

3. That "frozen in field lines" are simply a teaching tool that takes a snap shot of magnetic fields in plasma, but that really charged particle flow is responsible for magnetic fields in space (not a small acknowledgment in itself).

But he couldn't quite bring himself to acknowldege exploding double layers and that it is the change of charged particle flow that accounts for changing magnetic fields.

michael.suede, your summary on the BAUT thread was excellent :idea: and your overall approach is the right idea: Be very specific and address only one phenomenon/process at a time (over at BAUT and indeed at all the mainstream forums they love to "shotgun" the whole EU/PC theory at once to "string you out").

I hope you noticed my comment on page 11 of the thread, I hope that was of some help.

I partly based the model of the exploding double layers in the Earth's magnetotail (I presented on the thread) to Science@NASA's Mercury press release that has a schematic (see link below):

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009 ... ercury.htm

I do think it is important to help each other out.

(Although, I know we EU'ers tend to be "lone wolfs" that don't tend to work as a team, this is unfortunate and to our detriment.)

Anyway keep up the good work, let the Thunderbolts Forum know if you start another thread over at BAUT and I'd be happy to assist :)

michael.suede

Unread post by michael.suede » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:53 pm

I really think I shook him up and made him think and that's why he stopped responding.

Thanks for chiming in.

JohnMT

Unread post by JohnMT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 pm

I really think I shook him up and made him think and that's why he stopped responding.
You certainly did.

Well done!

Now...how about all those other points you mentioned?

Haha :-)

Like I said earlier, you can't change their thought processes (though obviously that is not your intended purpose)
They are just too far gone and hence are now irretrievable.
What a sad state of affairs.

In my experience, albeit some five to seven years ago, you're actually dealing with guys who have suffered an intensive indoctrination process and therefore can no longer think sideways.
Also, in such a condition, they just cannot listen to plain common sense.

To me at least, common sense and plain logic is what the EU is all about.
(Surely isn't that the ultimate goal of so-called 'science'?)

However, like spoilt children, likened with dummy's in their mouths, they continuously scream:

"Give me the Math...I want the math..."Wha-wha-wha"...math, math, math... or I'll tell my mum (obviously their mentors in high places)..."

Who needs all the math?
More like a baby's rattle in my understanding.

As with Daniel in the cave of Lions...you have emerged unscathed.

Cheers,

John

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 am

Just an FYI for those involved in the *cough* discussion on JREF, the poster there with the username DeiRenDopa is none other than Neried, from the BAUT forum and other haunts. Otherwise known as Apod-neried, spell it backwards and what have you got?...

So I guess the feigned interest and lack of knowledge of the hypotheses under discussion is to be expected, it's one of her most blatantly dishonest but very commonly used tactics, and in this sense her behaviour is much like that of a troll.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 am

How many usernames does this person utilize? Four or five at least? I wouldn't be surprised if RealityCheck was also one of their other usernames.

Oh, well. I think I put out some good info on jref for anyone who chooses to analyze it with an open mind. If nothing else, there might be some stuff that other EU'ers could use when discussing comets, like mineralogical composition, chemical reaction chains and some related plasma physics.
Think it might be useful to transpose some of that over to a thread here?
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

michael.suede

Unread post by michael.suede » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

Yes, I've had several run ins with Nereid on other boards, including physicsforums.

Everything she does is a provocation and flaunting of authority over a thin veneer of civil discourse.

It is my personal belief that she has been professionally trained in "trolling" and does it professionally for a living. She is on the physicsforums boards, on the BAUT forums, on the APOD forums, on the Space.com boards, and JREF boards - ALL THE TIME. Any time a "real" argument is presented against mainstream physics by someone who knows WTF they are talking about, it becomes her main mission in life to get them banned.

Note that all of those boards have wickedly ridiculous posting rules. For example I just got a 24 hour ban because I edited the first post in my thread to include a summary of my claims and supporting evidence I've made throughout the thread. Banned for "revisionism", when I didn't revise or change anything in the original post. I simply included a summary , said it was a summary, and put it beneath a dividing line in the main post so new people coming into the thread wouldn't have to go through 15 pages of crap to figure out what I was trying to say.

Ever hear of a forum banning someone for that?

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm

I'd like to see who ultimately owns those domain names.

I mentioned this multiple username, constant posting thing to my girlfriend as it's more than just a bit odd, and the first thing she said (without prodding of any kind) was it sounded like a professional troll for hire.
Our ultimate conclusion was that if this scenario is true, that it would be just one of many methods that the "powers that be" use to DIS-empower the population, essentially to prevent our achieving collective empowerment through knowledge.
I think Tesla's work barely gave us a hint of what can be accomplished with full exploitation of something like EU theory.
This is the greatest threat they face, my friends, knowledge leading to personal empowerment...denying the populace information about clean, cheap, locally produced energy technologies is one of the ways they prevent that.

Or this character is just certifiably bat guano crazy. :lol:
Nikola Tesla