Call for Abstract: NPA-18 EU & 100 year space ship .org

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

CCCstar

Call for Abstract: NPA-18 EU & 100 year space ship .org

Unread post by CCCstar » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:41 am

Idea for publicity and fund raiser for Thunderbolts and the NPA-18 conference!

This http://100yss.org/ proposal call for papers from US DARPA has HALF MILLION DOLLARS Prize money for best paper - Due JULY 8!
Goal: Describe how to make a space vehicle to go from earth to another star in the next 100 years.

[*]Have a NPA 18 work shop on this to produce a paper on the spot!
[*]Propose a starship design powered on Birkeland Currents flowing between the stars.
[*]Collect the references from the conference attendees
[*]Submit the paper on it's deadline July 8th 2:00 p.m. from the NPA-18!
[*]PLAY IT UP in the MEDIA. Announce it up front in the conference.

Get some creative thinkers from the 100yss.org to come to the NPA and present the idea on the first day of the conference! This could be a great opportunity for EU and NPA as the dogs of orthodoxy are not likely guarding the door. What group could possibly provide more Physicists, Engineers, and Theorists than will be at the NPA-18 all looking forward to the advancement of science?
I Grok Pollack. Dr. Gerald Pollack is going to rock your universe in Vegas!

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Call for Abstract: NPA-18 EU & 100 year space ship .org

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Nice idea in theory, but to put a presentable proposal together would take a matter of months, not days. Add to that that the conference is already fully booked with speakers, there'll be no free time to organize what would be such a huge effort. Hate to pour cold water, but the very short notice makes it highly unlikely that it would work.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

CCCstar

Unread post by CCCstar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:34 am

Dave, only the Abstract is required by July 8 at 2:00 p.m. :!:
The paper itself is not due until 15 September.
A selected paper becomes a publicity opportunity for the presenting party at the symposium to follow on September 30th through October 2nd, 2011 in Orlando, FL.

Anyway, this idea is about FREE PUBLICITY for Thunderbolts and the NPA.
:o The work product of the abstract is almost irrelevant--However I think the work product could be very significant! :shock:

The FREE PUBLICITY comes from the commitment of the 100yss group to CALL for Abstracts, and here is this "out of the box" collection of thinkers scientists and laymen putting their heads together and rapidly responding to the challenge. The local media should love it - "U MD Students, Philosophers, and Scientists propose Star Ship for DARPA Challenge".

I agree with your point that the conference day is full already. No one would want this to detract from the carefully planned important focus of the conference. What about the evenings after meal time to 2:00 a.m. slots?

What about identifying an EU Team or Panel to SPEAK and field QUESTIONS at that September conference!

I will look for the NEXT call for papers date is from the 100yss group, perhaps they plan to do this for several years before awarding the prize money. That way the community could decide how or if this is something to actually benefit Thunderbolts.

hertz

Unread post by hertz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

CCCStar, thx for the heads up...i'd encourage all members of this forum to go up to the darpa site you referenced, poke around, and then take a stab at an abstract under their particular fields of interest (there are lots of different categories)...i shouldn't think it would take more than about hour to pound out an abstract and suddenly there would be a slew of EU-oriented proposals...personally, for example, i'm interested in the time-distance solutions (advancements in ion propulsion?) and destinations (red dwarves?) categories...nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:58 am

CCCstar wrote:Dave, only the Abstract is required by July 8 at 2:00 p.m. :!:
The paper itself is not due until 15 September.
:shock:

Ok NOW you've got my attention.

To be fair, you wrote "This http://100yss.org/ proposal call for papers from US DARPA has HALF MILLION DOLLARS Prize money for best paper - Due JULY 8!" so being up to my butt in alligators at present, I didn't go to the link. This is the first chance I've had to even re-visit the thread!

Now that I'm clear it's the abstract which is due, that puts a different complexion on things. The rest of what you've said make pretty darn good sense, though I'm not sure a flood of EU abstracts is such a good idea, quality ALWAYS trumps quantity, regardless of publicity opportunities.

The tentative schedule for the conference is now up on the NPA site, and Wednesday night would probably be the best (and only) time for those there to consider your proposal. Are you going to the conference? If not, then someone else will have to take this ball and run with it. I can't make it there from Oz but I do know one chap who could possibly organize something for us. Let's know what you're doing.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007

hertz

Unread post by hertz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:59 pm

frankly, if you want darpa to seriously consider your proposal, i wouldn't even mention "EU" specifically...there's probably a special bin for those...rather, you'll have to talk around it, e.g. a title concerning faster than light navigation and communication would naturally have to discuss the electrical properties of matter...like gravity ;-)

CCCstar

Unread post by CCCstar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 pm

CCCstar wrote: This idea is about FREE PUBLICITY for Thunderbolts and the NPA.
:o The work product of the abstract is almost irrelevant--However I think the work product could be very significant! :shock:
:mrgreen: No worries Dave, my day job has alligators aplenty. :lol:
I am attending the conference all three days, and a Wednesday Evening PlasmaPowWow would be a strong stimulant, even if the paper is not finished!

Someone (or twos) need to be identified to GO TO Orlando on 30 September and make the EU theory known. That is not me! I am strictly a noob with no "E" and very little "U" knowledge. Getting EU a foot in the door of ongoing think tank is the real goal (of course the money would be nice). :D

CCCstar

Unread post by CCCstar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:18 pm

hertz wrote:frankly, if you want DARPA to seriously consider your proposal, i wouldn't even mention "EU" specifically...
You bit the pickle Hertz :!: If this 100yss.org is willing to shell out $$ for topics like these below, the whole endeavor is out of the realms of orthodoxy already.

I suggest the opposite approach; don't mention consensus science, only use EU physics and concepts.

Some of the topics:
  • Education, Social, Economic and Legal Considerations [education as a mission, who
    goes, who stays, to profit or not, economies in space, communications back to earth,
    political ramifications, round-trip legacy investments and assets left behind.
    Philosophical, and Religious Considerations [why go to the stars, moral and ethical
    issues, implications of finding habitable worlds, implications of finding life elsewhere,
    implications of being left behind.
[/list]

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 pm

hertz wrote:frankly, if you want darpa to seriously consider your proposal, i wouldn't even mention "EU" specifically...there's probably a special bin for those...rather, you'll have to talk around it, e.g. a title concerning faster than light navigation and communication would naturally have to discuss the electrical properties of matter...like gravity ;-)
Quite right there hertz, discretion is the better part of valor, save the thunderbolts and EU references until they can no-longer censor them out.

[Edit: I just saw CCCstar's latest post as I was about to post this. Yes, use the physics and the concepts, but I would recommend keeping mum (mom) on specific EU references until they've accepted the abstract, at the very least.]

Funny isn't it. You can see on UniverseToday or many other sites, talk of parallel and multiple universes (any more than one universe is an oxymoron) and wormholes and see the Starship Enterprise gracing an image in one of their stories every couple of months, but mention EU and they trundle out flailing their concertina arms about saying "Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson"... Oh the pain, the pain.

Cheers, Dave.

CCCstar

Unread post by CCCstar » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Perhaps something like this;
Harvesting Energetic Neutral Atoms from Interstellar Medium for Propulsion of Interstellar Space Craft

Abstract: Demonstration of the fine scale filamentary organization of Energetic Neutral Atoms at the edge of the heliosphere of our sun by the IBEX spacecraft was predicted by theorists. This paper describes the theory, and proposes use of these interstellar atoms for propulsion mass, and use of the charge carrying non-luminous plasma that forms them as propulsion power for a space probe. The interstellar path followed by the probe would follow the theorized interstellar Birkeland Currents.

Energetic Neutral Atoms (ENA) Visualization
Astronomers have studied the phenomenon of Energetic Neutral Atoms (ENA) as a way to explore the magneto-spheres of the various planets and our sun’s heliosphere. Recent advances in exploration demonstrate “High” Energy Neutral Atoms interacting at the edge of the heliosphere carrying relative energies from 10 keV beyond 1 MeV. Recently the NASA IBEX craft demonstrated the presence of the high energy in the map shown below.
The rest comes from Thornhill !

Sustained Ion Thrust from Rotary Conductor Double Layer Plasma Induction
I am figuring that since there is plenty of atomic mass in the z-pinch area between the stars, the probe can use them as "ion fuel". It could possibly garner electric energy for its operation by spinning a long conductive cable around the probe. I am thinking if the "antenna" were several kilometers long there would be constant charge differential to harvest into the ion motor. The constant influx of neutral atoms would provide fuel and keep the probe electrically neutral relative to the collecting antenna. Isn't science fiction wonderful?

CCCstar

100 year space ship .org : Discussion Panel on Birk. Current

Unread post by CCCstar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 am

Something with less overhead would be to identify panel members and petition the conference on that. There is a form on the 100yss web site for this.

It might look like this:
Discussion Panel on Interstellar Birkeland Plasma currents as means of power and navigation for interstellar spacecraft.

Whereas we have reviewed related data and findings of astrophysics, and witnessed reports of collaborating laboratory models for the observed data, and heard cogent theoretical constructs covering a long history of the same:

We signatories of the NPA-18 & EU conference petition the 100yss.org to include the following panel members in the 2011 conference to discuss the topic of [propulsion and navigation] related to Interstellar Birkeland Plasma currents as means of power and navigation for interstellar spacecraft:

hertz

Unread post by hertz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

CCCstar, i was poking around the forum archives looking at some old threads regarding haarp and chemtrail stuff and found this from junglelord:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 9481eca8c6

It's basically about something called Unitel Aerospace (http://www.unitel-qht.com/uni/) who claim they can "provide mankind with the first practical interstellar transportation system" via elastic tunneling...just thought it might be interesting, because i think you're right about pushing the envelope of "mad ideas" (but again, w/out specific reference to EU theory)

i just popped this up there under "education" with my name, number and email, but no organization or title:

A Role for Aetherometry in Modern Space Exploration
100 years ago the study of aether was a serious science dedicated to solving numerous anomalies related to the behavior of matter. Today, few people (and fewer scientsts) believe in the existence of aether, yet the urge to discover a "theory of everything" remains. This paper will suggest that while the study of aether is no longer classified as science, the attempts of late 19th and early 20th century aether scientists to define the fundamental nature and behavior of matter may provide a scalable metalanguage that might allow modern western science to reconnect, and in some cases reveal, the relationships between the infinitely small and the infinitely large. The language and organizational principles gleaned from early aether studies may help us better visualize the relationships, for example, between sub-atomic, atomic, molecular and cellular entities, as well as those between planets, stars and galaxies. This study will further suggest that understanding these relationships in this way will help establish a new management paradigm that could inform future project decisions and goals from propulsion systems and space transportation to destinations and space medicine.

i also indicated this could be a panel if not selected as a paper and there doesn't really seem to be a limit on the number of submissions so might do this one as well (or not)
"Pascal's Wager and a Case for the Construction of a Lightning Rod for the Sun"

i'd also challenge the forum to match my pledge that 10% of any prize money realized (not likely, but...) will be donated to the thunderbolts organization to spend as they see fit (you got it in writing gents).

hertz

Unread post by hertz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

in for a penny, in for a pound...here's my "mad" idea...put this one under "habitat and environment"

A Case for the Construction of a Solar "Lightning Rod"

In the seventeenth century, mathematician Blaise Pascal formulated a pragmatic argument for belief in God. The argument ran as follows: If you erroneously believe in God, you lose nothing, whereas if you correctly believe in God, you gain everything. Today, as ever more evidence mounts of electric currents in space, one is placed in a somewhat similar dilemma with regard to our sun: Should we believe (perhaps erroneously) that our sun will someday come in contact with tremendous galactic electrical currents, (which could wreak havoc on earth in an extinction type event) and take steps to "short circuit" that event, thus gaining everything, or should we continue to believe that no electric currents exist, do nothing to prepare for it, and risk losing everything? This paper will argue for the former course as a relatively inexpensive "better safe than sorry" strategy, which could also have long term environmental benefits should we someday be able to "regulate" our sun's energy. An electrical model of the sun will be explored, which will help indicate the best placement of a stacked chain of small, inexpensive and ultimately sacrificial satellites above the solar poles, which in turn could redirect and dissipate excess energy perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic, thus sparing earth. Further study of the sun's electrical properties, as well as placement, composition and size of the necessary satellites will also be addressed.

CCCstar

Unread post by CCCstar » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tips Hertz! I think someone out in the EU community can make a brief and cogent case for exploration of the plasma connection between stars. That would be a first step in the paradigm shift. :P