Wiki

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

sjw40364

Wiki

Unread post by sjw40364 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:48 am

Are there any experts that would care to manage the Plasma Universe on Wiki? I don't know how many times the argument has come up that there is nothing even on wiki concerning the EU except a band as if that settles everything. Wiki has some info under Plasma Universe. Wiki reaches millions and would seem a logical place to start putting discoveries and misinformation about current cosmology on. I biggest obstacle is not those in the system, but getting the public made aware that alternate theories exist that do not require fairy dust.

Shrike

Re: Wiki

Unread post by Shrike » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Knowledgeable EU people have tried but it always gets wiped out by the WIKI "police".

see link below to get a glimpse how WIKI works behind the scenes
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=6&t=4329

sjw40364

Unread post by sjw40364 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:31 pm

But the Plasma Universe is now a recognized area of research, the problem is it requires an expert, not the average person, and I for one am far from an expert.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:32 pm

sjw40364 wrote:But the Plasma Universe is now a recognized area of research, the problem is it requires an expert, not the average person, and I for one am far from an expert.
Believe me, it's been tried and tried again. Eric Lerner was banned from editing Plasma Cosmology, yet there still exists a call for an expert on the topic! It seems the only people who have enough energy to battle it out on Wikipedia for any length of time are those who make Wiki their life's sole purpose. Real researchers often have a life, precluding them from the level of participation required to make anything stick.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

This forum is here because there is little to no chance of getting either a broad overview or detailed sets of linkedideas published on WIki due to the anti-EU bias of certain editors. That's just the way it is, as explained concisely, above. From here, you can be directed to our own archives of Thunderblogs and TPODs and resources for sale such as books and DVD's, and links to others' EU-related web sites, etc. as well. Lots of good material right here. If you want to expose others, just direct them here!

THere is no doubt that plasma physics is being studied, and plasma textbooks, in their introductory pages, usually will allude to its applicability to cosmic phenomena, but it is a broad and not very easy subject to master, and the general thrust seems to be to direct students' energies and research topics and theses toward certain very narrow topics, including dusty plasma phenomena, fusion physics in magnetic containment devices designed to generate electrical power, and certain aspects of stellar processes. By and large, though, higher education does not focus on Alfvcosmic plasma or Peratt's broad Physics of the Plasma Universe. It certainly doesn't deal with the broad set of inter-related ideas in numerous fields and disciplines as does this site.

The EU is not yet a theory in the conventional sense. It is a paradigm, a linked and interrelated set of ideas that is still more in the qualitative stage of development. As a not-theory, it is my belief that mainstream scientists need not waste their time attacking its ideas or "defending" their own theories at this time. We are still looking at the links and trying to determine cause and effect. Plasma physics underlies it all, but it is not always necessarily any one person's main interest.

Jim

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm

What about a wink on thunderbolts.info? Might be a good way to pull together information and bring contrasting theories together for better observation...

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:09 pm

What do you mean by a wink?

sjw40364

Unread post by sjw40364 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Yah I checked other posts and looked for the criticism section but it has already been deleted. I should have expected such, it is clear they are favoring only one viewpoint when it comes to cosmology. Not that I am surprised, I see it too often in forums from other sites so I should not have been surprised that wiki simply follows suit.

seb

Unread post by seb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 am

Lloyd wrote:What do you mean by a wink?
Maybe he means that a wink is when you close one eye, and a Wiki(pedia) is when you close both. :lol:

I don't know much about Wikipedia's rules, but I think their general raison d'etre is to be a corpus of the currently accepted state of the art, not to contain anything controversial. Wikipedia isn't about truth or accuracy, it's about recording the prevailing beliefs of those people that society labels as "experts". I think the distinction is similar to that between law and justice; enforcing the rule of law has nothing to do with what is right and wrong. On that basis, Wikipedia is not the place for promoting alternatives or criticising the mainstream; hence sites like this one which are.

The deletion of the criticism section on magnetic reconnection appears very suspicious and gives the impression that their motives are more about who is saying it rather than what is said. Would they censor any controversial claims by the likes of Stephen Hawking or Michio Kaku? I suspect not, because their authority is accepted. Maybe the place on Wikipedia for criticising magnetic reconnection is in pages about Alfven himself. That may allow an argument against the censors, in that the criticism reflects Alfven's theories of plasma and not the modern-day magnetic reconnection theory, and so it cannot be removed on spurious scientific grounds. A prominent link to Alfven in the Magnetic Reconnection page may be possible too, on purely historical grounds of course, not to divert traffic to the criticism (not that such a thought ever crossed my mind). :) Many of those prepared to read the pages will put two and two together.

I wouldn't be too upset about Wikipedia censorship. It just makes it harder for the over-zealous editors to defend their "expert" credentials when the tide turns.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 am

If you are going to fight a war, pick the battlefield, and battles carefully!

As Jim said,
The EU is not yet a theory in the conventional sense. It is a paradigm, a linked and interrelated set of ideas that is still more in the qualitative stage of development.
And these need to be taught individually, with as many references as possible and with links to EU related articles, but taking care as to not promote EU! Let people learn at their own pace and don't impose any or especially the more controversial aspects. Just the basic EU, allowing the evidence, presented in comfortable packets, to sway. Much like the TPODS.

I haven't searched wiki for plasma instabilities, but if there is a good paper on that, with images and a good explanation of plasma, then a linked paper to Peratt's work might be accepted as an observation of "unusual coincidences" to consider.

I don't know how wiki works...can anyone provide a link , more material, or references?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

rjhuntington

Unread post by rjhuntington » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

Shrike wrote:Knowledgeable EU people have tried but it always gets wiped out by the WIKI "police".
What if a person is careful to always use the very broad but specific term "Plasma cosmology" (which apparently has some degree of Wiki acceptance) in lieu of the overarching and highly-charged term "Electric Universe" that many professional hairsplitters object to?

Anyone care to take 'Yes' for an answer?

601L1n9FR09

Unread post by 601L1n9FR09 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 pm

quantauniverse posted this
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=3&t=4867
The link took me here
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/
I nominate quantauniverse. I think. Is that site made by quantauniverse?
I really need to read faster.

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 am

Lloyd wrote:What do you mean by a wink?
Don't ask me how I typed that, yeah I meant would thunderbolts.info want to host a wiki as that seems like a real good way to organize the various theories...

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 am

* Ian's site, http://plasma-universe.com, is a wiki that members can help post material on, I think.
* Here's the list of articles there, so you can see there's a lot that needs to be added to make it a good encyclopedia. Looks like it doesn't include anything on Catastrophism, so it may not be very worthwhile.
99.999% plasma --- Alfvén-Klein cosmology [R] --- Alfvén wave --- Alpha-Centauri medal --- Articles on the Plasma Universe --- Astrophysical plasma --- Aurora --- Birkeland current --- Black hole --- C.E.R. Bruce [R] --- Carl-Gunne Fälthammar --- Charged particle drift --- Charles Bruce --- Charles Bruce bibliography --- Comet --- Comets: Kristian Birkeland's theory --- Comets: Kristian Birkeland\'s theory [R] --- Cosmic Plasma (Book) --- Critical ionization velocity --- Critical velocity [R] --- Current sheet --- Debye length --- Debye sphere [R] --- Dense plasma focus --- Diocotron instability --- Double layer --- Dusty plasma --- Electric Space --- Electric current [R] --- Electric currents in space plasmas --- Electric glow discharge --- Electromagnetic force --- Emil Wolf --- Eric Lerner --- Faraday disk [R] --- Filamentation --- Fire (flame) --- Flame [R] --- Flame plasma [R] --- Galaxy formation --- Gamma ray bursts --- Gravito-electrodynamics [R] --- Gravitoelectrodynamics --- Gravity --- Hannes Alfven [R] --- Hannes Alfvén --- Hannes Alfvén bibliography --- Heliospheric current circuit --- Heliospheric current sheet --- Homopolar generator [R] --- How to do a Power Balance Test --- IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science [R] --- Irving Langmuir --- Irving Langmuir bibliography --- Klein-Alfvén Cosmology --- Kristian Birkeland --- Kristian Birkeland bibliography --- Laboratory astrophysics --- Magnetohydrodynamics --- Marklund convection --- Nebula --- Neutron star --- Particle beam --- Per Carlqvist --- Physics of the Plasma Universe (Book) --- Pinch --- Pinch (plasma physics) [R] --- Plasma --- Plasma-Universe.com --- Plasma: the first state of matter --- Plasma (physics) [R] --- Plasma Redshift [R] --- Plasma Universe --- Plasma Universe / Big Bang comparison --- Plasma Universe Timeline --- Plasma Universe predictions --- Plasma Universe resources --- Plasma classification (type of plasma) [R] --- Plasma classification (types of plasma) --- Plasma cosmology --- Plasma focus [R] --- Plasma instability --- Plasma pinch [R] --- Plasma redshift --- Plasma scaling --- Plasma types [R] --- Plasmoid --- Pseudo-plasma --- Pseudoskepticism --- Pulsar --- Pulsed power --- Quasi-neutrality --- Quasineutrality [R] --- Redshift --- Space plasma --- Star formation --- Sun and stars --- Symmetric cosmology [R] --- Synchrotron radiation --- Terrella --- The Norwegian Aurora Polaris Expedition 1902-1903 (Book) --- Transactions on Plasma Science --- Types of plasma [R] --- Unipolar generator [R] --- Unipolar inductor --- Wikipedia:About [R] --- Wikipedia:Contact --- Wikipedia:Plasma Universe Calendar --- Willard Harrison Bennett --- Winston H. Bostick --- Winston H. Bostick/Newspaper clippings --- Wolf effect --- Z machine --- [R]= Redirects

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:32 am

Drethon wrote:What about a wink on thunderbolts.info? Might be a good way to pull together information and bring contrasting theories together for better observation...
Assuming you meant to write "wiki", take a gander at this: http://www.electricuniverse.info/Introduction

Cheers, Dave. ;)
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster