Why Nobody Cares About Plasma

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Mon May 26, 2008 9:19 pm

First, a brief intro. My name is Jack Littleton. Donald Scott was kind enough to allow me to quote him on the Plasma page of my website, which otherwise deals with the "UFO"/UAP mystery. That's right, "flying saucers". I was also asked to phone David Talbott, but was unable to accomodate that request at that time, which I somewhat regret (but I'm an overly cautious guy). I had a wonderful friend, now deceased, who had been involved in many interesting things and attended the briefing on "The Roswell Incident" (in the public vernacular). If not for him, I would have no particular interest in the topic (any more than any other Joe Wine Cooler who had just seen something on "In Search Of...").

I'm extremely impressed with all of the EU scientists. I don't have the scientific background to offer an opinion on whether these theories will be proven correct. Many factors suggest that they might. Unfortunately, these factors have implications for national security and, probably, current intelligence operations. There's a very good reason that nobody cares about plasma.

The British Ministry of Defence has released documents stating that they feel the UFO mystery is solved! Let me say that again. The British government believes the UFO mystery is solved! You probably saw it on the evening news or read it in the paper, right? No? How is that possible? How could a mystery that everybody loves be almost totally ignored by the mainstream media? That seems highly, almost extraordinarily improbable. It makes no sense. Or does it?

The general public gets much of its scientific opinion from sci-fi writers (fiction). Every belief in this area (telepathics, abduction, flying saucers and little green men) began first in fiction. This can be easily demonstrated. The British MoD says that UFOs are bouyant charged plasmas, though this is unproven. But nobody cares. Why? Because public opinion is still based on 1930s sci-fi (and stuff from the fifties). The MoD release (aka 'The Condign Report') should have generated unprecedented publicity for the EU scientific effort. Plasma scientists should have been appearing on every morning news show. They didn't make those appearances. Nodody wanted to hear about it. But is there more to it than that?

I believe there is very limited public awareness of this major revision of our understanding of the universe because certain elements wish to keep this somewhat low-key. As a civilian I can only guess about the motivations behind this -- and I firmly believe that they are absolutely proper and definitely in the public interest. However, I should point out that the solution to the UFO/flying saucer mystery is an unprecedented publicity coup. You can't buy that kind of access to the general public (though a government could engineer such access if they chose to do so). I have to assume that it is not being exploited for reasons that are "more important than the science" (and must remain unknown, probably at some expense to the science). But these reasons are powerful, tangible, and probably not something to speculate too deeply about.

Thanks to Donald Scott and Mr. Talbott!

shrunkensimon

Re: Why Nobody Cares About Plasma

Unread post by shrunkensimon » Tue May 27, 2008 5:45 am

I think the reason why they continue to blatently ignore and shun the EU stuff is because of its simple implications..

If Earth is NOT an electrically neutral body.. if the space surrounding Earth is not electrically neutral iether.. then it becomes a question of, "Hey, we are surrounded by potential energy! Is there anyway we can tap this almost limitless supply of energy?"

I personally believe this links back into Nikola Tesla, and his research as an electrical alchemist of sorts. This man practically invented our modern era, and all his inventions share a common thread, that of electricity, and if you take the time to examine the list, you begin to get the impression this guy knew more than he is given credit for. One has to ask why he is not paraded as a modern day hero like Einstein or Newton, when his inventions and discoveries encircle the globe!

So what it comes down to in my opinion, is energy. If you control the energy supply, you can control mankind. And there ARE people in control of this planet, and they do not want to let it go.. because as soon as energy becomes free and plentiful.. our civilization is going to be propelled into a new era altogether!

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 am

The public doesn't care about the Electric Universe or plasma because no one has made it interesting to them. Scientists are interested in science. The public doesn't care. No one has told them why they should care. At the same time, everybody likes a great mystery, such as "flying saucers". Everybody. The British MoD has handed a golden opportunity to the EU scientists to dazzle the public with a publicity bonanza. This is not something that could happen (like free energy); this did happen -- and nobody among the EU scientists did anything about it. Talk about a puzzling situation...

shrunkensimon

Unread post by shrunkensimon » Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 am

I don't think the EU team are stupid enough to get tangled up with UFO's.. it would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Tue May 27, 2008 2:33 pm

You've probably exactly stated the error on the part of EU scientists, which was a publicity blunder. You probably are not aware that the British Ministry of Defence has concluded that "UFOs" (UAP) are bouyard charged plasmas, a rare but natural phenomenon. This should have been an astounding revelation to the general public, but it went nowhere. Nobody stood up to say why this was significant. So, why would the EU scientists be afraid to engage in a discussion of a naturally-occuring plasma phenomonen?

On the other hand, you could have a valid point. The politics within places such as Los Alamos could be so intimidating that anything - even the conclusions of our closest ally, Great Britain - could turn opinion within that elite community against the EU crowd, just when they're beginning to make some headway. I have no way of knowing this, but fear of losing small gains is a good theory for the silence. Ironic, but it does make sense.

shrunkensimon

Unread post by shrunkensimon » Tue May 27, 2008 3:09 pm

I understand where you're coming from. Its interesting the plasma link.. i have seen plasma orbs in the sky on several occassions, very beautiful indeed 8-)

If i were in the position of the EU team, i would be VERY careful about engaging into something like this. I don't want to sound paranoid, but i don't trust the MoD for one second, and anything they put out could be some form of bait or psychological warfare operation. Its a gamble. One i would personally not engage in, but im just a bit conspiracy mad :D

Whilst im sure the EU theory could definitely be applied here, i think its greatest strength so far has been to remain detached, yet focused, and this gives great credit to the theory and those researching it. Members of the public who randomly come across the theory will be impressed by its ability to make great predictions in the cosmological field, and successful ones, and also the ability to explain many "mysteries" in space that the standard model fails to do.

By keeping that alive, the EU theory can only gain more respect, and eventually it will reach critical mass and will force an address by members of the mainstream :)

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Tue May 27, 2008 7:07 pm

I don't disagree with anything in your post. Caution is clearly the direction that has been chosen. In theory, this should be the wisest course. Unfortunately, I think we're heading into an era of uncertainty that will force the issue sooner than it might otherwise progress. Specifically, I'm speaking of our space program and some very real threats over the next few decades. I don't know if there is the luxury of caution. When people get scared (say, of an approaching asteroid), they will turn to whomever they trust with their lives and money. In the case of Apophis (which may turn out to be a big nothing, but there is still some doubt), this is a very short window of opportunity for "new theories". I'm not paranoid either, but I've never before seen news coverage (mainstream media) of something that was over 20 years in the future. Suddenly, we seem to have a space program that is shifting into high gear. I draw no conclusions, but it's worth paying attention.

The release of 'The Condign Report' (by MoD) has to be viewed from every possible angle. (I've gone over those in my blog, but I won't ask you to read anything - you're welcome :). I think we're in for an interesting few decades.

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 am

EU had definitely prompted my interest, Hi Fader (I'm also on the UM forums).

I believe EU could get more headway through other media, which would cause less friction with the G/R Cosmology circles.
I think the best bet is to introduce these ideas through entertainment... movies, cartoons, comic books, graphic novels, Role-playing games...

At least it would start stirring the minds of youth, perhaps a better approach than trying to "teach old dog new tricks?"

I'm working an Graphic novels/RPG's on the subject right now, hopefully it will inspire open thinking.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 am

SciRPG wrote:EU had definitely prompted my interest, Hi Fader (I'm also on the UM forums).

I believe EU could get more headway through other media ... I think the best bet is to introduce these ideas through entertainment: movies, cartoons, comic books, graphic novels, role-playing games...

At least it would start stirring the minds of youth, perhaps a better approach than trying to "teach old dog new tricks?"

I'm working an Graphic novels/RPG's on the subject right now, hopefully it will inspire open thinking.
I've considered the idea myself (as has pln2bz, I think?), but have had other priorities (work and whatnot)... "From each according to their ability" and such rot, yes? ;)

One would of course want to make sure that it's as scientifically accurate and self-consistent with published materials as possible.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm

I think the best bet is to introduce these ideas through entertainment... movies, cartoons, comic books, graphic novels, Role-playing games...
You nailed it 100%. Public scientific belief (in America) is based on science fiction. We have a great entertainment industry. This is why the American public will not accept any "UFO" explanation from their government that doesn NOT includes space aliens. So "the government" doesn't say anything. The belief originated with 1930s sci-fi writers. Through the power of suggestion, public sightings would later be reported that matched the fiction. This happened in several waves, all of them first appearing as fiction. Historically, it seems to take about 10 years for a new idea to sink in. Our Space Program is based on the search for E.T. (as is a hugely expensive SETI program). In fact, it may be known by some that there could be life forms that we would not even recognize as living things. Sell that idea to the public and see what happens!

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Faderbaby wrote:
You nailed it 100%. Public scientific belief (in America) is based on science fiction ... Sell [an] idea to the public and see what happens!
Well, when you put it that way, I suppose you have a point.

Consider a couple quotes (I may or may not have mentioned them previously, elsewhere):

"We see only what we know." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"People only see what they are prepared to see." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Perhaps science fiction simply plays the role of properly preparing the mind to see additional truths?

IE, once the issue has been enumerated in science fiction and thoroughly poetically explored, perhaps the mind will then be less reticent to accept those things as assumptions for future mental exercises. In other words, science fiction is in and of itself a "suspension of disbelief" and a "tentative acceptance" of particular scenarios and world views not necessarily widely in evidence in day-to-day life.

I think it's the suspension of disbelief and tentative acceptance that are the key to side-stepping the usual lines of cynicism and disbelief that accompany new or different ideas. An interesting concept. Hadn't considered it from quite that angle before. Might have to deliberate on that further.

Thanks,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:10 pm

I think it's the suspension of disbelief and tentative acceptance that are the key to side-stepping the usual lines of cynicism and disbelief that accompany new or different ideas.
Suspension of disbelief came, in the last century, from sci-fi writers and Hollywood movies. Then you also have to add in the most important factor, the power of suggestion. Humans are highly susceptible to that. It can come from various sources - even the beliefs of good scientists and engineers can be influenced by this. Such was the case with "flying saucers". MUFON has a great many aerospace engineers. They followed the above scenario.

EU theory did not originate in this manner. Neither is it in the public mainstream or part of our Space Program. All of this also together suggests that actual science (such as the Space Program) can be driven by a very unscientific public.

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:29 pm

The way I see it, it's SAFE....

It's safe, because even the old crankies might just dismiss some Comic book as simple mindless entertainment. So they may still feel safe...

Present these ideas to the scientific community and you get shot down (by the old crankies).

Present them to the young, imaginative, open minded young adults through media that they can relate to, and there will be more kids looking at Hubble Mk "X"'s images 10-15 years in the future and they'll remember, "Yeah... I read about plasma cosmology when I was a kid... and this formation is caused by this n' that..."

Right now there is so much garbage in the cartoons kids watch today. Between "Bakugan" and "Chaotic" mindless dribble that sells their products... and MAN do they sell!
Something like Scifi entertainment which delves into Plasma/Electric Universe would at least seed something in a child's mind.

Heck, I liked Star Trek for the longest time... until I accidentally read a James P Hogan novel and read up on Tesla.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 pm

NASA & "Star Trek"

I'm working on a little NASA web page and it occured to me how often NASA has used 'Star Trek' for publicity purposes. Of course, NASA is a civilian entity and there's nothing wrong with talking to the public in fun and informative ways. That works. If you check their website (do a search) you will get maybe a thousand references to 'Star Trek' on NASA websites. If you look at the Mission Statement of their Origins Program it certainly seems like they might have heard those famous words, "To boldly go..."

According to (correct me if I'm wrong) Saturnian Cosmology, the chances of finding other life as we know it is nil (or zero). Yet NASA boldly goes in search of just that - life as we know it. I love the space program, but it has to be pointed out that the Mission is somewhat based on publicly-held beliefs that are somewhat rooted in science fiction.

(I love NASA!)

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Hello Faderbaby,
According to (correct me if I'm wrong) Saturnian Cosmology, the chances of finding other life as we know it is nil (or zero).
I think that is incorrect. Wal Thornhill postulates that the Earth in it's present position- orbiting a G type star is not the ideal situation. That we find ourselves here as the fortunate survivors of a pile up on the cosmic highway, and that many of our sister planets, such as Mars, fared far worse. If you are refering to intelligent life elsewhere then maybe we are looking for it in the wrong places.
http://www.holoscience.com/views/view_other.htm
An Electric Universe where energy is available to objects throughout the entire volume of a galaxy is an infinitely better environment for life. Faint, dwarf electric stars may be crucial to a radical reassessment of the likelihood of other intelligent life in the universe.
I, for one, would not be surprised at the discovery of some extraterrestial microbial life form on any planet or other body, as it finds a way to thrive under almost any environment imaginable on Earth. Actually, discovery of even more advanced forms would not surprise me.
Also, the universe is so vast, even with slim probabilities of a civilization surviving expulsion from the 'Garden,' similar events could have occurred before and since. Perhaps Brown Dwarves give up their 'children' this way?
I think life is very hardy, perhaps capable waiting for the proper conditions to arrive before blossoming and evolving into more complex forms.
Nick