Cosmologies in Collision?

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Faderbaby

Cosmologies in Collision?

Unread post by Faderbaby » Wed May 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Will Apophis force a cosmological "showdown"?

The danger from the asteroid Apophis has been somewhat downplayed since the original reporting that suggested an impact on Friday the 13th of 2036 resulting in regional damagage along the lines of the recent quake in China. Still, the variables are being reviewed continually and there may be new calculations in 2011 or 2013 (the rock being observable at only certain times). I wonder if Apophis will become a battleground for competing cosmologies, sort of a Cosmologies in Collision?

Other than "UFOs" (now thought by some to be plasmas), Apophis is already in the mainstream media and is an obvious chance to promote or even prove the EU/Plamsa model of the universe. NASA has designs for gravity tractors to mitigate the possible event of a collision with Earth. What is the EU team offering the public as an alternative? If nothing, why not? Again, I don't understand the silence when these gigantic publicity opportunities come along.

NASA takes it's case directly to the public. They have that access. Maybe it's not fair to think that the EU team has that kind of access (and they may be working very hard to gain such access). I don't mean to judge harshly. I'm just curious...

(As background to where I'm coming from, my grandfather was Head of Publicity at Paramound and MGM in the Golden Age of Hollywood. He liased between the War Dept. and Hollywood during WWII and was in charge of the War Bonds drive that I think is well-known (coordinating all the movie star's appearances). Sorry that I'm not as scientifically-inclined as most here, but I have a different background).

Faderbaby

Re: Cosmologies in Collision?

Unread post by Faderbaby » Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 am

It seems that scientific observations are currently serving up three softballs for the EU team. Why is no one from this community (I don't know how big the community is) swinging for the fences? I've only been here for two days, but I've been aware of this (plasma) for some time. I've observed three obvious opportunities to gain public awareness of an alternate solution to the following:

1) Pioneer Anomaly = Electricity

2) "Flying Saucers"/"UFOs" = Bouyant charged plasmas

3) Asteroids = repelled by Earth's charge (correct me if this isn't exactly accurate, but it's relevant I believe)

It's a mystery to me. I don't "get" the stategy, but it seems very low key in a non-low key world. (Hey, that's sounds like a Hopi word - nonloki) :). [I hope it isn't Hopi for "banned from forum"] :)

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu May 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Hello Faderbaby,
Welcome to the forum.
1) Pioneer Anomaly = Electricity
Try this from 2002:
http://www.holoscience.com/news/mystery_solved.html
Thornhill is on record with this one, what else could be done?

2) "Flying Saucers"/"UFOs" = Bouyant charged plasmas
I think that many here have considered that some percentage of UFO reports, especially nocturnal lights and perhaps some daylight discs, could have a natural plasma explanation. My personal opinion is that there is a small percentage of reports that can best be explained as "intelligently operated vehicles" of a heretofore unknown type. There is a consistency between reports from otherwise responsible members of society that is difficult to just shrug off, evidences of government coverups is tantalizing...unless there is some sort of unknown natural mechanism that is capable of inducing similar type hallucinations in different people, perhaps according to people's common "expectations." That is, we all know what a flying saucer or an alien is supposed to look like, so we see what we expect, I believe that Jacques Vallee explored this avenue, though he theorised they were other (?) dimensional beings.
It is interesting that mainstream is not all that hostile to ET's, the main objection is not the concept but the evidence, or lack thereof. By contrast, the EU is opposed in concept, and the evidence ignored. Often, the debunkers will say that the speed limit of c and the enormous distances between stars would limit or prohibit any interstellar travel. The EU could remove this maximum speed limit.
I don't think that this topic is a "softball," more like a floating knuckleball, you think you're going to hit a HR, you swing and it's not there. A batter has to pick the right pitch, I don't know if EU theorists want to devote their limited resources to this topic, which would leave them open to "guilt by association" attacks. I think that everyone has an opinion on this subject, but might not wish to engage in public debate.
3) Asteroids = repelled by Earth's charge (correct me if this isn't exactly accurate, but it's relevant I believe)

Sure! check these out:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... 30miss.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... teroid.htm
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2007/arch ... olides.htm

Most of the EU is people working voluntarily for the love of learning the truth of how the universe works. They are researchers, following the scientific method, accused of pseudoscience by real pseudoscientists who wield political power and operate with the assumption that math can describe the universe without observational support.
Resources, including time, are limited. There are no federal grants, libraries and universities buying numerous copies of books, Discovery Channel contracts, Science articles etc. If someone in government or a private institution wants a consultant on astronomical subjects they hire an "expert," someone of prestige in the field, someone who has a university or observatory position, and probably a gravity only, black hole loving, dark matter believing, big banger.
That is the current state of affairs, as I see it.

Nick

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am

10-4, Nick. I'm getting a better feel for the community. You might be interested in the thread on The Condign Report: http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... ?f=4&t=695. I'd welcome your reaction to that.
My personal opinion is that there is a small percentage of reports that can best be explained as "intelligently operated vehicles" of a heretofore unknown type. There is a consistency between reports from otherwise responsible members of society that is difficult to just shrug off, evidences of government coverups is tantalizing...unless there is some sort of unknown natural mechanism that is capable of inducing similar type hallucinations in different people, perhaps according to people's common "expectations."
The mechanism of hallucination has been shown to be exposure to strong magnetic fields. A direct link to bouyant charged plasmas is theorized, but not proven. That experience (detailed in Condign), is absolutely convincing to those who experience it (and absolutely wrong). The question of intelligent operation - or the possibility that plasma is some type of protointelligence (Bohm) - is speculative. Everyone here probably knows better than I that plasmas are known to exhibit life-like qualities. It seems like a big leap to actual intelligence.

Government coverup? A friend of mine attended the briefing on "The Roswell Incident". That's the only reason I got interested in this topic beyond the latest "flying saucer" story on TV.

Lloyd

Asteroid in 2029

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:39 pm

- On a satellite tv science channel and at this site http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005 ... 004mn4.htm I just learned tonight that Apophis is expected to come between 18,000 and 19,000 miles of Earth on April 13, 2029. I suppose there may be a slight electrical repulsion between the two bodies at that time, but I doubt if it would be strong enough to have much effect at high velocity. Most meteors may be similarly repelled, but you don't see them veering away from Earth significantly, do you?
- What I'm wondering is whether the close approach will be close enough to set off an electric discharge between the asteroid and Earth's surface. There may be danger of a Tunguska-like event, which could be pretty deadly.
- By the way, if you'd like to help the EU team with favorable publicity for EU, let us know.

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Hmm.. I recall another "Asteroid" object called 1991VG which had a strange veering behavior, which led its discoverer to thing that it could have been a man-made object. But I think this repulsion was what he actually witnessed.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration