Symbols of an Alien Sky

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

soulsurvivor

Symbols of an Alien Sky

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm wondering - why wasn't the video named "Symbols of an Ancient Sky" ??
The youtube site has it aligned with every alien video posted.

Also, I want information on the 3 hr version that's mentioned in the above. I'm buying a copy for every family member I have.

I've watched the clip numerous times and I still cry at the end. Not tears of sadness, but tears of "finally,the truth is here."

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Symbols of an Alien Sky

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 pm

soulsurvivor wrote:I'm wondering - why wasn't the video named "Symbols of an Ancient Sky" ??

I think the second sentance explains the first, possibly a marketing strategy?...
Also, I want information on the 3 hr version that's mentioned in the above. I'm buying a copy for every family member I have.
You'll have to wait a while, I'm afraid. What you've seen is the rough-cut of the first 10 minutes of 3 hours not produced yet...

That is, David Talbott is working on it as we speak and hoping to complete it - maybe later this year? though don't quote me on it... so it's currently very much a 'work in progress'.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Re: Symbols of an Alien Sky

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:01 pm

davesmith_au wrote:
soulsurvivor wrote:I'm wondering - why wasn't the video named "Symbols of an Ancient Sky" ??

I think the second sentence explains the first, possibly a marketing strategy?
Well, I'm pretty sure it was in terms of the alternate meaning of "alien." IE, not "greys" but "something foreign," in this case foreign (or very different) from our current experience?

Though "ancient" may have also worked, there is not a shade of "extremely different" in the term "ancient." Uniformitarianism being what it is. Ancient just means "a long time ago." But, it doesn't capture the notion that "a long time ago" may have also been "very different" from what we see today.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law