TPOD "What are Stars?"

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

h00k

TPOD "What are Stars?"

Unread post by h00k » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Would it be fair to say that stars are balls of plasma tossing off sparks?

If that is a good, simple way to view it then does that mean that the slag thrown off could have cooled down and become planets?

What are Stars?
TPOD wrote:As the effect, called a “z-pinch,” increases, the electric field intensifies, further increasing the z-pinch. The compressed blobs form spinning electrical discharges. At first they glow as dim red dwarfs, then blazing yellow stars, and finally they might become brilliant ultraviolet arcs, driven by the electric currents that generated them.
Just thinking about stuff.

comingfrom

Re: TPOD "What are Stars?"

Unread post by comingfrom » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:00 pm

in my opinion

Stars are condensed matter.
They have plasma at their surface, but under the photosphere, they are as solid as any planet.
The latest photographic techniques reveal Sol has mountain ranges.

Stars blow out plasma (matter not in condensed state), and radiate energy in the form of light and heat and other electromagnetic waves.

Here's a great website to learn the latest about the Sun.
http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:24 am

That is a revolutionary website. A solid Sun ! Terrific.
Cheers,
Mo

scowie

Unread post by scowie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:27 am

I agree with comingfrom. Stars are essentially rather large planets with plasma atmospheres.

Gas giants will me mostly solid too. I have heard that the red spot of jupiter is raised which makes me think it could reside over that planet's highest peak.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 am

Stars are born in Z-Pinches.

Z-pinches draw in dust, the intense energy ionizes everything.

Thus beginning stars are fully plasma.

Plasma can exhibit gas/fluid/solid type properties (bulk behavior).

"The surface" of the Sun is iron plasma, not a solid. Trace measures iron (Fe) ionization lines.

---

The new (and imo better) paradigm is GTSM where stars cool and shrink and can be called planets when they no longer shine. Stars and planets are astrons.

Look at 'stellar classification charts' it does not stop after red it goes on, infrared, brown, ie gas giants.

In EU there is an event where a star became a planet, Saturn was a star, but EU has no evolution of stars only changes in current density, were stars can brighten and dim. In GTSM stars evolve, mostly through chemical processes.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

scowie

Unread post by scowie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:43 am

Well, imo GTSM has it completely the wrong way around. Planets grow up to become stars through the continuing accretion of matter. Terrestrial planets can grow to become "gas" giants, which in turn can grow to become brown dwarves, then red dwarves, etc.

Hence all the evidence we find on earth of it having grown: the reduction in the size of life, the creation of the ocean basins/splitting apart of the continents. Hell, we even measure it to be growing in radius by 18mm a year according to VLBI measurements (that is before 40% of the data is discarded/adjusted by the mainstream to manufacture a static radius).

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:15 pm

D-Archer wrote:
"The surface" of the Sun is iron plasma, not a solid. Trace measures iron (Fe) ionization lines.
D,
Wether "Saturn was a star" which then flared out (went nova), or Saturn is a "failed star" (glowed, but did not ignite); seems a question with compelling arguments on both sides and the answer is beyond my ken.

If Sol does have a heavy-iron surface though, some other questions are raised-

Wouldn't that surface matter be preferentially flung off to produce orbiting bodies, when the sun is receiving extraordinary inter-galactic currents?
If the heavy iron/calcium/etc isotopes are formed as surface electrochemical events, why would a sun have an iron core also ? Terrellas work just fine as hollow spheres.
Wouldn't solar core elements, if there, be really heavy stuff like gold and lead and the radioactives ?

[I actually flunked alchemy, i mean chemistry :shock: , once in college so haven't really got a clue]

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:05 am

I believe the Sun will be made of the same stuff as the rest of the Universe, that is, mainly Silicon Dioxide.

It acts as a resistance to the current flowing in, like a semi-conductor, and just like an electric bar heater, only the current in the Sun being such that it gives off more than just heat and light radiation.
The intensity of current and energy at the Sun causes it to splutter, and emit matter as well as energy.
And the matter that reaches the planets is building them up.
Can stable mountain ranges form in a plasma surface?
Because we can see the same sub-photosphere formations each time the Sun revolves.

The mountain ranges are fast eroding, and being deposited again in other areas.
But not that fast that we can't see them on the next revolution.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:49 am

Sonoluminessence
In the 1930's light was created in water by low frequency sound, dubbed "star in a jar". "And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said [sound], Let there be light: and there was light."