Just an idea.

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bluesmeargle

Just an idea.

Unread post by bluesmeargle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:16 am

Hi there, I've been a fan of the movie "thunderbolts of the gods" and the site for quite some time. I am by no means an expert on space or anything to do with this, this is just an observation I've made through my interest in the site. This may have been posted before so sorry if it has been!

Obviously space travel is something that humans are very interested in. So while watching the movie again, I was thinking to myself "If there are giant electric currents in space, why don't we use them to provide a means to travel about space?"

I doubt there is a way to harness them in ways that we harness electricity here on Earth. However, maybe if there was a way we could create a vessel that both conducts electricity and protects the contents inside, we could travel among these currents much like animals in the sea follow the currents around the world.

Anyways hopefully someone can expand upon my idea, I really haven't researched the possibility I just thought it up a few minutes ago while watching the movie.

pln2bz

Re: Just an idea.

Unread post by pln2bz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:09 am

As you dig into the Electric Universe more on this forum, you'll eventually run into the Nikola Tesla materials. The EU is completely compatible with Tesla's laboratory work, although it would require some modifications (inclusion of scalar waves as a mode of operation for stars, for instance). The thing is, Tesla appears to have discovered the existence of an aether. He is not recognized for it. In fact, his role in history has been largely ignored. But, what he found is that when he "resonated" the aether, the output was largely magnified from the input. You've almost certainly heard of the "free energy" movement, but your beliefs about free energy are likely founded upon popular myths. Based upon my own investigations, these are not a group of hippy new-ager's (not that there's anything wrong with that ...). Contrary to what you'd hear from establishment science, many free energy researchers and garage tinkerers are extremely experienced and intelligent and have a pretty good idea of what they're doing. These people are trying to reproduce Tesla's works, and there are many machine designs which reportedly already work just fine. The problem is that they cost a few thousand dollars to create -- and probably a significant amount of time -- so you won't find a lot of people who have pulled it off.

But, what you will realize is that the Electric Universe essentially requires an aether to exist. And if an aether exists, then the chances are good that it can be tapped as an energy resource. It's not at all absurd to research such things. In fact, it's a real shame that people who do research it are ridiculed. We as a culture can effectively self-actualize our own non-innovation if we refuse to consider that it is possible. And that's basically what's happening right now. There is a hugely important cultural context within which science exists. The peer review system is not above culture; it is in fact a part of it.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, a good example is offered by the cold fusion fiasco back in 1989. If you thought you were getting the straight facts about cold fusion from the newspapers, then you likely didn't realize any of the context for the situation. The reality of the situation is far more nuanced and dramatic than most people realize. Learning about cold fusion can penetrate the aura of invincibility that Americans have tended to grant our scientific establishment. Even though our science and scientists are extremely fallible, most of the public views the system as perfect and untainted. I personally believe that cold fusion will be a wake-up call for Americans. But the point is that we have far more options for fueling our spaceships than is commonly accepted. Space basically *is* fuel.

I believe that Infinite Energy Magazine was funded by the late Arthur C Clarke too ...

http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/p ... report.pdf

Eugene Mallove has since been mysteriously murdered, btw.