Why do you say the BB is a "Biblical" creation story?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Why do you say the BB is a "Biblical" creation story?

Unread postby COTSM » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 am

Brigit Bara wrote:It is customary for people to describe the Big Bang as a religious creation story, based on Genesis. But the truth is that the Universe does exist. And how it came into existence is a question that scientists are seeking to answer.

So how do you get an entire universe, with its known laws and physical properties, to come into existence?

The universe is infinte as far as we can know. There is no evidence of a beginning or an end to the universe.

Brigit Bara wrote:Why not admit that Science, Inc is working on explaining the existence of everything from nothing? --And that may be an inherently unscientific pursuit.

Nothing exists. The basis of the universe is Nothing. Everything is Charge wrapped around Nothing. Charge swirls around Nothing infinitely to become Everything. Charge and Nothing are created and directed by Mind. We experience consciousness from the reception of Mind energy through our brain. Consciousness is a feedback modulator of Charge. Our perception shapes physical reality. Our thoughts imprint on the Mind to shape Charge into Everything.

Awareness is God.
COTSM

Unread postby jacmac » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Where is R Buckminster Fuller when you need him ?
jacmac

Unread postby Cargo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm

If you ask a Fish what Water is, what kind answer would you expect.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
Cargo

Unread postby COTSM » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

Cargo wrote:If you ask a Fish what Water is, what kind answer would you expect.

My apologies if this is not directed at me...

This appears to be a question despite being phrased as a statement, so I will reply as if it were a question.

I would expect the same answer that I might get from asking a human "What is air?"
COTSM

Unread postby COTSM » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

jacmac wrote:Where is R Buckminster Fuller when you need him ?

He is dead.
COTSM

Unread postby Cargo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

No it wasn't COTSM, my apologies. But I think the point I was trying to make was askew anyway. So nothing gained nor lost.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
Cargo

Unread postby Brigit Bara » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:58 pm

The universe is infinite as far as we can know. There is no evidence of a beginning or an end to the universe.

1. A self-organizing and self-sustaining structure at that scale is just as good an assumption as a self-creating, self-organizing, and perishing structure.

2. The choice is a metaphysical one; no instrumentation can really sound out the measure of these dimensions or see the future.

3. As free individuals, people do have their own judgement and conscience in such things.

4. But both models appear to me to play a little fast and loose with the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics.

5. In the Biblical view, by faith (fully aware, consciously made metaphysical decision) we understand that things which are seen are made by things which are not seen, and also all things are continuously directed by Providence. It is easily distinguishable from Big Bang or Steady State, because It is not chaotic or created by Chance (Fortuna), Time (Chronos) and Gravity (Nephalim, to fall). Once again, the Big Bang resembling very closely a Greek Creation Egg -- except at least the Greeks added that Love (Agape, or maybe Eudokia or Philos) was there!
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer
Brigit Bara

Previous

Return to The Human Question