Human health linked to trees

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ETSubmariner

Human health linked to trees

Unread post by ETSubmariner » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm

According to the U.S. Forest Service in a new longitudinal study, human health is linked to trees. They gave no causation, but I feel that you can point to the electrical nature of the universe for just that answer - trees are water pumps, but of course, are a flow system more basically.

http://www.fs.fed.us/pnw/news/2013/01/t ... alth.shtml

I would like to suggest someone contact the two names listed on the page of the URL I provided to steer them in the right next direction. This suggestion brought to you by the person who connected Gerald Pollack to this community - I love making connections. Run with it!

303vegas

Re: Human health linked to trees

Unread post by 303vegas » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 am

Trees, being things with a proven existence, are linked to everything else in the cosmos. Therefore trees, as largely beneficial entities (except maybe when pushing their roots through the foundations of your house*) are bound to have a good effect upon their surroundings. They're also beautiful to look at and I for one would miss them were they all to suddenly disappear. Hats off to trees!

Ta. x

* However, I've never seen a tree batter someone in a pub car park.
love from lancashire!