Theories of The Science For Mankind

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

perpetual motion

Theories of The Science For Mankind

Unread post by perpetual motion » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 pm

"Theories are filled with guesses, but usually they are not identified as guesses. Instead, they are couched in impressive scientific terminology, hidden behind a vast veil of unimaginable time, and placed in textbooks".
Very impressive, wouldn't ya think.

D_Archer

Re: Theories of The Science For Mankind

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 am

Well, i am glad i am not a scientist, as a philosopher i can go beyond and imagine and also intuit the workings of the cosmos without having to do 'hard science work' , i do think good science is hard work, it requires determination and direction and a sort of self-checking to make sure you continually adjust what you THINK with what the observation/data and experiments TELL YOU.

The crux of bad theories is lazy scientists.

As an example of a good scientist, look at Kristian Birkeland, he ventured to the North Pole, observed, theorized, experimented and later adjusted what he was thinking based on his experiments and he was RIGHT, although being right should not be the goal for the scientists it is the goal of later generations to recognize who was right and who the lazy posturers were.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -