Squating man tatoo

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tholden

Squating man tatoo

Unread post by tholden » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 am

Seen in a youtube video, Berber woman with squatting man tatoo below lip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjVU00jqUM

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Squating man tatoo

Unread post by nick c » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Nice find, a classic squatter man! at around 4:31 on the video.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:43 am

Passed down for millenia. Highly unlikely that present day Berbers have any idea what the symbol represents.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:20 am

tholden wrote:Passed down for millenia. Highly unlikely that present day Berbers have any idea what the symbol represents.
Why? Because they are not white or American?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:
tholden wrote:Passed down for millenia. Highly unlikely that present day Berbers have any idea what the symbol represents.
GC,
Your statement implies that there is some kind of racial or national prejudice in tholden's post. That is uncalled for as it is obvious that he is referring to the proposed origin of the world wide squatter man motif in plasma discharges, as shown in the work of Anthony Peratt. Peratt's work is probably not known to the Berbers but also to the vast majority of Americans regardless of genetic heritage. As far as I know, these ideas are not taught as part of any college course or any educational curriculum (with the exception of Electric Universe and related literature.) It is perfectly reasonable to assume that the Berber culture does not associate this symbol with some cosmic apparition experienced in the past.

It is fine for you to disagree with this explanation for the squatter man, however, to imply that there is some sort of racial or nationalistic prejudice is totally out of bounds.

As a side note, there is some debate as to the racial origins of the Berbers.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/africa/1 ... races.html

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 pm

The Ganymede Hypothesis posits that there are two basic human groups (or atleast two) and that the difference has nothing to do with anything youć call race or color. The two groups are basically Adamite (the prople of Genesis and their descendants) and pre-Adamite (Cro Magnon man and his descendants). Other than for the question of RH- blood, the two are genetically all but the same, but the original cultures and technologies were totally different due to the gigantic expanse of time between the two saltations. Either group appears capable of producing any color or feature seen in humans.

There is no relationship between humans and hominids other than for similar design. No human is descended from hominids in any way and there is no credible evidence of humans ever interbreeding with hominids.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 am

An unwarranted sense of cultural superiority works just as well as racism per se*. Ted's comment was needless as most people in any country are unaware of the proposed link.

The squatter man/plasma equation is evidence not cast-iron proof, the knowledge of which gives one some sort of intellectual kudos.

Nick, I had a look at the link but I don't take any notice of anything to do with DNA. I've been watching them coming out with rubbish for 30 years. Too many different peoples have lived in the area in the last couple of thousand years, including the Vandals from E of the Rhine.

*Something from which the UK is not immune.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 am

The intent of my statement was this: that there is no reasonable way to think that the girl in the image was thinking "Gee, wouldn't it be cool to get a squatting man tatoo like our ancestors used to draw on canyon walls to commemorate all the weird stuff they used to see in the sky"...

I don't see how a rational person could make that into an accusation of racism or zenophobia.

LunarSabbathTruth

Unread post by LunarSabbathTruth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:32 am

Grey Cloud wrote:
The typical white US American believes the consensus doctrine of millions of years of steady state conditions in the Earth and solar system. Therefore, such a person would not associate the symbol with a plasma event, and would themselves have no idea that it represents such.

Even if he had read Velikovsky and was aware of planetary instability, he still would not recognize the reference to a high energy electric discharge, unless it was explained to him, at which point it becomes evident.

- joe

Tansi

Unread post by Tansi » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Passed down for millenia. Highly unlikely that present day Berbers have any idea what the symbol represents.

I think it would be interesting to know how the Berbers understand what seems to be the squatter man symbol. Maybe they think it's just a 'doodle' - but I imagine the connotations of the symbol might be quite interesting - and telling. For example do they think it offers power or protection? Even if it's just something 'grandmom' thought was important so I keep using it - that says something.

There's a book called 'When they Severed Earth from the Sky" by Elizabeth Wayland Barber and Paul T. Barber which relates that oral history has been shown to have been passed down in Native American stories for up to 10 thousand years - confirmed by geologic records.

The Native legends are presented in ways that are, well, story-like eg a god fought with another god etc - so scientifically fact oriented researchers initially thought 'oh how quaint' and dismissed the legends as simply amusements of tribes - but now it's known many stories related to actual events.

So I wonder what stories the Berbers (or Basques) might have that could relate to the squatter man or that symbol. Maybe that research center in Nevada (mentioned in the video) :geek: knows . . . but doesn't know they know!

Thanks for posting - I find the squatter man fascinating -

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:04 am

Tansi wrote:
So I wonder what stories the Berbers (or Basques) might have that could relate to the squatter man or that symbol. Maybe that research center in Nevada (mentioned in the video) :geek: knows . . . but doesn't know they know!

Thanks for posting - I find the squatter man fascinating -

Don't know anything about squatting men and Basques... But there is an interesting kind of thing called "Basajaun" in Basque folklore.

The final Neanderthal stand in Europe occurred in Southern Spain around 25000 years ago or so we read, which could easily make the Basque people the last human group to ever get a good look at a Neanderthal.

Danny Vendamini's Neanderthal reconsruction:

Typical from a Google image search on "Basajaun":

Human origins, the real version:

On Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/514483018695199/

On Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZ1RM ... _TB_jfeBHQ

On Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-in-Collis ... nav-subnav

15-minute intro to the basic idea of the Ganymede hypothesis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUR6ROFnlQE?

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Tansi,
Good point about what the symbol means to the Berbers and Basques and thanks for the heads up about the Barber and Barber book. Holy swarm of bees, Batman.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 am

There is a growing body of solid evidence http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/02/ ... ly-thought, regarding the interbreeding of Humans and Neanderthals. Cro-Magnons have always been considered Homo sapiens and these days Neanderthals are classified as Homo sapiens neanderthalensis as a convenience to distinguish them from so-called "moderns" Homo sapiens sapiens. Biologic taxonomy is by definition a system of convention; but the only reason to dispute human interrelations is for the support of a scripturally twisted OEC dogma regarding the nature of Adam in the context of a local-Iraqian-deluge interpretation of the flood story. And let's not forget that artistic reconstructions are what they are, the poetic visions of the artists. People are of course all welcome to their beliefs, but let's not pretend that the scientific case is conclusive in the favor of tholden's claim!

The real question here about squatter man should be whether he represents the plasma discharge phenomenon claimed by the EU mythologists. Let's not pretend that issue is conclusive either. If a premise is stated as such, rather than as a given set of agreed upon facts, then intelligent learners can decide for themselves how the evidence comes together, rather than being led by the nose by proponents of peculiar pet hypotheses.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Humans are not descended from hominids and have never interbred with Neanderthals or any other hominid.

For any hominid to have evolved into humans, that hominid would have to have:
 Lost his fur while ice ages were going on.
 Lost almost all of his night vision while living in the perpetual twilight of the “Purple Dawn” age and while surrounded by predators which could see very nicely in the dark.
 Lost almost all of his sense of smell while trying to survive as a land prey animal.

That third item would have been more or less instantly fatal for a land prey animal. Aquatic mammals, of course, do not really reqire a keen sense of smell...

The one other shot somebody might take at a hominid ==> human evolution claim would be to claim, as does Vendramini, that Cro Magnon man arose from gracile (Skhul/Qafzeh) hominids. Vendramini claims that predation BY Neanderthals drove those gracile hominids into a fast process of evolution into Cro Magnon man. Nonetheless, from Shreve's "Neandeerthal Peace", we note:
"Here in the Levant, however, the arrival of anatomically modern humans was marked by no fancy new tools, not to mention no painted caves, beaded necklaces, or other evidence of exploding Cro-Magnon couture. In this part of the world, how modern a hominid looked in its body said nothing about how modernly it behaved.
You can't expect anybody to believe that Cro Magnon man with his grand art and his advanced tools and weapons arose in very little time from something like that, PARTICULARLY when there is a vastly better explanation to hand as per the Ganymede Hypothesis.

There is also a claim that, because some humans have a certain small number of genes in common with Neanderthals, that humans and Neanderthals must have interbred. That amounts to thinking that a Neanderthal male could/would rape a woman and, rather than cooking and eating her afterwards as usual, somehow or other keep her alive long enough to bear a cross-species child, raise that child to reproductive age, and have him/her breed back into human populations without anybody catching on, i.e. the claim is ridiculous.

In real life:
 Neanderthal females would kill that woman the first time her new owner left her alone for ten minutes.
 The woman wouldn't fare any better than the subjects of the commie attempts to breed humans and apes into super workers in the 1930s.
 Humans would notice the child was different (really different...)
 And humans would kill that child and everybody else like him as part of the same program which killed out the Neanderthal. They would not need DNA tests to determine who to kill for that sort of reason, it would be exceedingly obvious.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 am

Neanderthal images courtesy Danny Vendramini at www.themandus.org.