Megalithic Stone Gods

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

perpetual motion

Megalithic Stone Gods

Unread post by perpetual motion » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:05 pm

I have no other name that will come to mind as to this article. Woe is me.
https://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-639368.html

GaryN

Re: Megalithic Stone Gods

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:25 pm

The Stone Gods must have been engineers of the highest order, and their works are found around the planet, as the methods used are very similar, though the architecture is varied. Baalbec is one of the most impressive IMO, and Baal was, from what I understand, an offspring of El (Jehova?) and Ashera (the cow), and I really believe they existed.
On a smaller scale, I just watched a BBC series about digs in the Orkneys, dated to around 5000 ya or maybe even 5500. Looks like simple stonework that people of the time could have done, with a lot of physical labour, but in the big tomb or temple or whatever it was, you catch a glimpse of a very impressive arched roof that utilises corbelling, something I would not expect to see. Further digs will be interesting, as they though they were at the lowest levels of the site, but now are uncovering bigger stones lower down, just as at Baalbec, though still tiny in comparison.
The BBC series is also interesting from a geology point of view too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08819tl
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

sketch1946

Unread post by sketch1946 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Gary,
This guy in the link below seems to have a very though provoking theory, he seems very common-sense, down-to-earth sort of a person, using the concept of ***two fulcrums and counterweights... to lift or 'walk' stones (in his case buildings and cement blocks) over 20 tons, all by himself, no block and tackle, no engines or gears, nothing but timber and ropes and sandbags for counterweights... the 'ancient knowledge' I think was more of a rediscovery using ancient literature, including references to the 'balancing stones' etc of old stories in the UK

http://www.the-open-mind.com/man-moves- ... knowledge/

sketch1946

Unread post by sketch1946 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Haha, the investigation of old stories to reveal new understanding is going on all over the place.... in the old Irish stories are references to 'glass towers'... it's a fact there are towers all over the place presumably for defense, and giving a higher viewpoint to spot approaching enemies... but these glass towers do exist, over 70 examples in Scotland alone... the walls have been vitrified

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitrified_fort

The old stories of Stonehenge speak of a 'magician' called Merlin who 'carried' the stones from far away... that guy in Michigan has shown that it's physically possible to 'walk' huge stones with almost no resources, so the old stories are highly likely to contain some basis in fact, Merlin must have needed presumably a bunch of politically incorrect followers and some basic know-how.
(By PC I mean that science has tended to say it can't be done without the wheel, or 'It's a mystery', but they of course just did it, all over the place) :-)

Herodotus tells us that the Egyptians used a device to lift the stones of the pyramid, it's anyone's guess as to the design of this device. Egyptian carved images of Hatshepsut's barges transporting two huge obelisks at once exist, they even show longitudinal bracing to stop the barge from splitting in two with the huge weight... it carried two obelisks (each 29.6 metres long and weighing around 323 tons), and the ship itself is estimated at 95-140 metres long and 32 metres wide....
TKH-obelisk-barge.jpg
other images from Egypt show them pouring some liquid on the rollers or logs while dragging the colossal statues with masses of ropes by simple old teams of humans...

The observable evidence is that there was a cult, or copy-cat mechanism, or religion, or other trendiness that led people to create stone 'circles' and other 'big-stone' ie megalithic structures all over Western Europe, from the remote north, Ireland and Wales and Cornwall, to France and Spain, Malta, all the way to the Black Sea. Not to mention, the Americas, the Pacific Islands, and elsewhere...

Their purpose is anyone's guess, my guess is they're most likely the 'temples' mentioned in early Roman and Greek descriptions of Ancient Gaul and elsewhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stone_circles