Free will

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Sovereign Slave

Re: Free will

Unread post by Sovereign Slave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm

No offense taken, quite the contrary. My moniker was chosen with intent, though your post has lent educated detail to the concept, the gist of which is that we are indeed both sovereign and slave. Global trends seem to be going toward enslavement of body and mind. Sovereignty, in spirit at least, I think requires a certain degree of transcendence of circumstances, labels, identity, etc, all of which can enslave our consciousness if we let them.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 am

Sovereign, I agree. We are born free and sovereign, but unknowingly or voluntarily become slaves to reap the benefits of slavery: unemployment and health insurance, welfare, pension, SS, the list goes on. I have a copy of a letter from NYS Senator DeAmato stating that we can not legally open a bank account or work for a corporation without a SSN. It's easy to be a slave; very difficult to remain sovereign.

rickard

Unread post by rickard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 pm

In order to decide whether a living being has a free will or not, one has to know fully what a living being or a human is. If one do not know the fundamenal principles upon which the destiny is created, one can never tell if what happens to a person is a result of free will or not.

moshiya888

Unread post by moshiya888 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm

hello to all,
i am new here and my first post,
free will, has anyone read plato,s cave? free will only gives two choices.
you either follow ego or you follow g-d( and please do not take that lightly
its not what ego makes it out to be;-)

how do i go about asking for a topic? id like to talk about the insights the ancients had
about the uni-verse, which are far closer to the electric dialectric/magnetic universe
then most will realise.

moses

Unread post by moses » Tue May 08, 2018 4:33 pm

One follows god by realising that the connection to god is through experiencing, as light, sound, etc. Thus brain nerve impulses induce experiencing so then this raises the possibility of god producing experiencing which acn cause brain nerve impulses, which is action, through this connection.

So the self produces much brain activity which would swamp any brain activity produced by god. So one must lose the self.
Cheers,
Mo

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 pm

moshiya888 wrote:how do i go about asking for a topic? id like to talk about the insights the ancients had
about the uni-verse, which are far closer to the electric dialectric/magnetic universe
then most will realise.
How to start your own topic:
1. Go to the Board Index
2. Click on the board in which you wish to create your topic.
3. Once on the board, click on the "New Topic" button
4. Type the thread's title into the appropriate box
5. Type in the text

Given your description, I would put it in the "New Insights and Mad Ideas" board. If the thread, as it develops, seems to be better suited to another board it can easily be moved.

BirdyNumNums

Unread post by BirdyNumNums » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:55 pm

You have the freedom to create any limitation that you want.
You create that limitation so well that you really believe it.

You can step out of that limitation any time, create a new limitation or be truly free.

I used to believe in the Easter Bunny, I stopped believing, but now I'm not so sure.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 am

In the beginning, God gave Adam and Eve free will whether or not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and warned that they would surly die. The serpent mixed a lie with the truth and deceived Eve by convincing her that God was preventing her from being as gods (lower case g and plural), knowing good and evil. The sight of the tree created in her a desire for wisdom (secret knowledge), and the fruit (the product of her desire) was appetizing and pleasant to look at (riches and notoriety). She ate of it and "gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened".

Adam stood there like a dummy and let his wife be deceived, much like men do today. (When I go into a store I have to ask for help. If I go with my wife I'm a salesman magnet and they both gang up on me to buy.) Nothing has changed. Men have a desire to be god-like, "knowing" both good and evil, obtain access to secret knowledge, and be rich and famous. At age 15 I told God that I desired knowledge; not riches. He answered my prayer by giving me my wife. Now I have no money but plenty of time to seek knowledge and wisdom. Be careful what you pray for. God does answer prayer.

COTSM

Unread post by COTSM » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 am

Greetings,

The knowledge of Good and Evil is that Evil will always triumph over Good. Evil will do anything to usurp Good, it is unrestrained. Good must always do Good, it is restrained, or it becomes Evil. Evil will disguise itself as Good and thereby direct the actions of Good. This leads to Good unknowingly doing Evils bidding. Belief in Good and Evil is a mental illness. Good and Evil are the product of subjective judgement.

Right and Wrong are the natural state of the universe. Often the Right is seen as Evil due to emotion or ignorance. War is seen as Evil but it is the Right outcome of opposing forces coming together. A soldiers death appears Good or Evil based on perspective but it is always the Right outcome of war. A soldier returning home unscathed is Good or Evil based on perspective but it is always the Right outcome of war. Both sides in the conflict will declare victory for the Good of their people, and this is Wrong. The Right outcome of war is always bilateral loss.

Freedom is the ability to do the Wrong thing.