The Basic Non-Evolution of Modern Man

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Plasmatic

Re: The Basic Non-Evolution of Modern Man

Unread post by Plasmatic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:55 pm

The OP asserts the following : "evolution doesn't have enough time and therefore is a bad scientific theory that is false.The solution is the concept of ex nihilo creation " which of course is a much better scientific theory...... :?
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

Benevolent

Unread post by Benevolent » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:14 pm

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am

There are aspects of Genesis that throw up many clues about earlier epochs, personally, I think its a mistake to assume that a day-in-the-life of a God is 24 hours. If you consider a day as an aeon then Genesis takes on an entirely new [evolutionary] meaning.

One complete revolution of the eather (heaven) equals one Biblical creation day, however long it takes. A day couldn’t be based on the greater light and the lesser light and the stars, because they did not exist until the fourth day of creation.

The Biblical definition of day was established in the beginning, starting cold and dark (evening) and ending with the creation of a special form of light being separated from darkness (morning). Additionally, the words "sun" and "moon" are not used until after Noah's flood. The greater light and the lesser light of day 4 may not have been the sun and moon we see today.

I suspect a day has always been approximately 24 hours because plant life, fish, and fowl were made on day 3. They could not survive an aeon waiting for natural light to appear on day 4.
jtb

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 am

jtb wrote:There are aspects of Genesis that throw up many clues about earlier epochs, personally, I think its a mistake to assume that a day-in-the-life of a God is 24 hours. If you consider a day as an aeon then Genesis takes on an entirely new [evolutionary] meaning.

One complete revolution of the eather (heaven) equals one Biblical creation day, however long it takes. A day couldn’t be based on the greater light and the lesser light and the stars, because they did not exist until the fourth day of creation.

The Biblical definition of day was established in the beginning, starting cold and dark (evening) and ending with the creation of a special form of light being separated from darkness (morning). Additionally, the words "sun" and "moon" are not used until after Noah's flood. The greater light and the lesser light of day 4 may not have been the sun and moon we see today.

I suspect a day has always been approximately 24 hours because plant life, fish, and fowl were made on day 3. They could not survive an aeon waiting for natural light to appear on day 4.
jtb

ItJustMakesSense

Unread post by ItJustMakesSense » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Hello,

Once I was a believer in evolution. I was just made up of matter. Part of a species that was only a blip on the time scale of the universe. Not important and in no way a maybe piece of the reason why the universe is even here. I was just a smart monkey in competition with other smart monkeys. During my awakening I questioned evolution and found it completely flawed and in no way true. Every living thing is full of the golden ratio/fibanacci sequence and in no way could random chance mutations have developed a golden ratio. While evolution it self is untrue why is this something we are all taught from children. One of the prophecies of the bible is that they will get the people to believe in a false religion. One of the things that I've noticed is that if I tell people evolution is untrue its as if I had said there is no god to a truly religious person. Evolution definitely fits the bill of a false religion because of the way it makes you view the world and your place on it. If there was no evolution then how did life here begin? Does the human being have greater purpose on this earth other than consume? I do. The Hindu belief to have no desire for material things makes sense to me now. Our way of consuming that is strongly influenced by the evolution religion is directed by the people who run the world. These people know about the eastern ways of life where you don't desire and lift you consciousness to a higher level and live harmonious and happy not like the rat race we all live with out death loan to buy a home. They steer us away from the gates of heaven and wont enter themselves. We have been tricked badly.

moses

Unread post by moses » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 am

Does the human being have greater purpose on this earth other than consume?
ItJustMakesSense

Does part of a human survive death. Then in that piece there might lie the purpose. The great false religion is that there is no part of a person that survives death - all things are physical - philosphical materialism. Whereas if we consider that there is a part of us in which qualities bloom then our priorities change. Selfish action can be seen to retard the blooming of these qualities. Then one needs no purpose or set of beliefs, just an understanding of our basic nature.
Mo

ItJustMakesSense

Unread post by ItJustMakesSense » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Now that I am sure evolution is false I realize how much Faith I actually put in it. I believe knowing the truth of our origins is extremely important to our outlook on the world.It influences our day to day activities by changing what is important to us.So I believe that the answer to the question"how did we get here?" strongly influences the path we all take. So now I find myself with a strange feeling. I now feel a little hollow without my evolutionist base of thought. Now I find myself asking the question is there a god when I had never asked before. If there is what kind of a god is he? My world has been tossed upside down and now find myself trying to make sense of the information that now lies before me.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm

So now I find myself with a strange feeling. I now feel a little hollow without my evolutionist base of thought.
I've had the same kind of feeling after seeing, or believing I'm seeing, the magnitude and recentness of the highly energetic modification of the landscape in my area. Your post has set me to a lot of thinking IJMS, and I have a veritable tome of a reply 3/4 finished, but not sure when I might get it finalised.
I was wondering though, if it could be shown beyond doubt that there are periodic destructions, would humanity stop and think about it all, and change it ways by becoming more spiritual, contemplative and philosophical, or degenerate into even more madness and depravity than we have now, one last fling type of mentality? Given past behaviour, I don't hold out much hope for the positive spiritual change scenario.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

ItJustMakesSense

Unread post by ItJustMakesSense » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

"I was wondering though, if it could be shown beyond doubt that there are periodic destruction, would humanity stop and think about it all, and change it ways by becoming more spiritual, contemplative and philosophical, or degenerate into even more madness and depravity than we have now, one last fling type of mentality"

I dont think we could turn it around at this point. It would have to take a catastrophe that starts from fresh and has to be guided in the right direction through a higher intelligence in order to reach true enlightenment. Without it we would end up hunter gatherers and without the knowledge of Babylon given enough time easily tricked back into the same situation we are in now. I believe in order for us to reach the true path of enlightenment the society would have to be 100 percent for the people. No evil. I believe it is possible because it seems to me that evil and hatred are learned traits and not something hard wired. If I'm wrong its a nice thought. i could be wrong but thought I read that the Vedic empire was similar to a peaceful society

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 am

ItJustMakesSense wrote:Now that I am sure evolution is false I realize how much Faith I actually put in it. I believe knowing the truth of our origins is extremely important to our outlook on the world.It influences our day to day activities by changing what is important to us.So I believe that the answer to the question"how did we get here?" strongly influences the path we all take. ......

In any reasonable scheme of things, intelligence has to arise first and create biology. Turning the proposition around and having biology arise first out of inert material and then evolve intelligence (evolutionism) is totally unworkable for all the reasons mentioned above.

There is an emerging picture of human origins which looks like nothing you've seen thus far and I will be working on a book on that topic in the coming year.