The Spark of Life by Frances Ashcroft

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... eview.html

There is a grandeur in the materialist conception of life. Far from sucking the vitality out of life, it forces us to suppose that everything is in some measure involved with the business of living and thinking; that living and thinking are things the universe does.
Frances Ashcroft’s second book – a sort of anthropocentric natural history of electricity – nudges us towards this cosmological perspective. (My edit; ????????? what does that mean?)
Flesh is electric. It is charged. The solutions inside our cells are high in potassium and low in sodium. Blood and extracellular fluids are low in potassium but high in sodium. This gives every cell around 60 to 90 millivolts of electrical charge. Our internal electrics are wildly dynamic. When we exercise, potassium levels in the blood rise to levels that would normally stop the heart. Only the release of adrenalin prevents the inevitable heart attack. Living things wage electromagnetic war on each other. The poisons spewed by spiders, sea anemones, frogs, snakes and scorpions are electrochemical agents, hijacking a victim’s nervous system.
http://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/e ... k-of-life/

What do a thoroughbred American quarter horse known as Impressive, a child born with diabetes, a herd of Texan goats, and a deaf person have in common? The answer is that all of them have errors in a particular type of protein, known as an ion channel, that regulates the electrical activity of the body. Each of us is a collection of many millions of individual cells. Ion channels are the guardians of these cells – they serve as gateways for the movement of substances into and out of the cell, and act as receptors for chemical messengers that enable cells to communicate with one another. It is therefore not surprising that a multitude of medicinal drugs work by regulating the activity of ion channels, and that impaired ion channel function is responsible for many human and animal diseases. Your ability to read this page and to understand its message, to laugh and cry, to think and feel, to see and hear, and to move your muscles, depends on ion channels. This lecture explains how animal electricity is generated by ion channels, the ways it regulates our lives and the dramatic consequences when things go wrong. In particular, it will show how understanding the function of a specific type of ion channel has enabled children with diabetes to throw away their insulin syringes. Mary Shelley once famously animated Frankenstein's creation with a bolt of lightening - this lecture considers the extent to which electricity is indeed the Spark of Life.
That puts Royal Rife in a very different perspective.
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

mague

Re: The Spark of Life by Frances Ashcroft

Unread post by mague » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 am

MrAmsterdam wrote: Frances Ashcroft’s second book – a sort of anthropocentric natural history of electricity – nudges us towards this cosmological perspective. (My edit; ????????? what does that mean?)
MrAmsterdam wrote: Our internal electrics are wildly dynamic.
[...]
That puts Royal Rife in a very different perspective.
Well, if flesh is electric, then they maybe should investigate "electric geometry" of the human hand. Maybe combined with the "point of view aka. position" mentioned above. Probably its not as "wild" as assumed.

Hands
Hands are sensors and emiters and the human brain is able to calculate the optimal pattern realtime to prevent, ease or heal pain. To a certain degree at least. It isnt about active thinking, but rather about letting hands and brain do what they want to do regarding the other individuals electricity.

The result of the horse- human experience might be the idea that the hands are the real reason why nature supported our evolution. As the bees care for the blossoms this might be the cosmological perspective or cosmological niche of homo sapiens. There are bigger brains then human brains but no other animal has such mechanical highly developed tools with ten fingers and sensor/emiter functions.

Personally i d say it tops Rife because the hand sensors are able to go beyond electricity.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 am

Over 30 years ago I noticed that my children's pain would ease when I held them, so when I read an article in the local paper that it is possible to ease pain by just holding your hand next to a person, I experimented on my children. After holding my hand for awhile near, but not touching, an area of pain, I would begin feeling heat radiating into my hand. The heat would move, so I found that I had to rotate my hand to follow the heat. The person with the pain claims that the heat is coming from me.

I found 3 major centers of stress related pain: eyes, back of the neck, or lower back. The heat from the eyes or back of the neck eventually move to the top of the head during a session. Usually, when I reach the top of the head, the pain is gone or greatly relieved. Some people become very relaxed and fall asleep after a session.

For mechanical pain, such as a toothache or physical injury, the relief is only temporary.

To experience what I feel, make slow rotating motions around the area of your bellybutton with your right hand. With your left hand you will eventually feel heat radiating from the top of your head. If you stop the rotation around your bellybutton, the heat will stop radiating from the top of your head.

The sensitivity of hands in humans is similar to the sensitivity of hoofs in animals. Gently tapping a cow's hoof is more effective than a kick to the shin to get a cow to move for ease of milking. (I once saw a big Swedish dairy farmer gently grab the rear ankles of an uncooperative cow, lift her, and put her back down where he wanted her)

We are fearfully and wonderfully made. I don't know why this works, I only know it does.
jtb

phyllotaxis

Unread post by phyllotaxis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 pm

I think this is a fascinating topic, and one I hope to see studied and discussed far more frequently--