Mars - miscellaneous anomalies

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

popster1

Re: Mars:very unusual image from NASA

Unread post by popster1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:40 am

Why are all those theories that the moon landing was staged suddenly coming to mind? ;)
Seriously, though, what is that?
I've lived long enough to see nearly everything I ever believed to be true disproved at least once.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:45 pm

I saw this before. I searched for it again and never found it. Thanks for finding it. I would love to know what Wal Thornhill thinks of that!
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

WhiteLight

Unread post by WhiteLight » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:29 pm

Hello All , I re-joined Thunderbolts after being zapped in the GWC/08* ,thanks for the replies.
When I came across this , well it certainly had me scratching my head. Could it be a JPL/NASA April Fool's joke ?

I think you missed an equally important point Redeye , not only does it look like wood a more apt description would be ...

it looks to be a piece of MILLED TIMBER ! Which has much greater implications. :shock:

* Great Website Crash of 2008 ;)
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla, Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July, 1934.
Fast forward 74Yrs->yawn! :)

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

If your talking about the slender dark object on the left middle, it looks very simply to be a piece of the broken stone looking things next to it edge on in the cameras view.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:37 am

Plasmatic wrote:If your talking about the slender dark object on the left middle, it looks very simply to be a piece of the broken stone looking things next to it edge on in the cameras view.
In a more-or-less diagonal / vertical submerged state, as opposed to the horizontal / surface position of the other bits? Makes some semblance of sense... Just a tilted jagged bit of rock. Wish they had really high res cameras! I mean, they should be getting cheap enough these days. Send a rover with MODERN equipment like HD-TV video cameras, 30MP digital cams, etc. etc. ;o)

No more of this "grainy," low-contrast stuff!

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 am

Be careful not to read too much into it, there are a lot of artificial looking formations that are reported as natural http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... 38411.html.

Not that I'm saying scientists are correct about this either...

WhiteLight

Unread post by WhiteLight » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:42 pm

I did say . . . .
it looks to be
Interesting "story" you linked to Drethon , so the OPINION of some scholars is that mother nature shaped these stones in Peru , my personal opinion is . . . the verdicts out on this one as they look <- (LOOK) carved.
The photo I linked to is not the one that first caught my interest , infact it was an image of the object zoomed in to point just prior pixellization .
In the image I refer to the object, " APPEARS to be a piece of wood" , it has grain , so its possible its stone however the only stone I have personally seen that resembles this object was petrified wood ! I'm loathe to link to this image because of the peculiar nature of the content of the website however I'll look around for an alternative site with a close up of the object. :)

Here is an image that "appears" to be a piece of wood , because it IS !
Image :lol:
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla, Modern Mechanics and Inventions, July, 1934.
Fast forward 74Yrs->yawn! :)

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 pm

WhiteLight wrote:I came across this "very unusual" image from NASA .
Any one on Thunderbolts come across this before ?
Any one care to offer a theory ? As I'm a little perplexed !

Martian enigma ?
Looks like a rock, or maybe a piece of wood?
You just cannot draw any conclusions from that picture.
I am leaning toward it being a rock, although maybe a piece of sedimentary rock?
In itself, this picture is not proof of anything, imhop.

Nick C

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 am

There are so many interesting things around, it bemuses me that people pay such attention to so called artificial features on Mars.

sand fountain?

plasma phenomenon?

Eh...dunno?

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

substance

Unread post by substance » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 am

MGmirkin wrote:
Plasmatic wrote:If your talking about the slender dark object on the left middle, it looks very simply to be a piece of the broken stone looking things next to it edge on in the cameras view.
In a more-or-less diagonal / vertical submerged state, as opposed to the horizontal / surface position of the other bits? Makes some semblance of sense... Just a tilted jagged bit of rock. Wish they had really high res cameras! I mean, they should be getting cheap enough these days. Send a rover with MODERN equipment like HD-TV video cameras, 30MP digital cams, etc. etc. ;o)

No more of this "grainy," low-contrast stuff!

~Michael Gmirkin
A compressed, pirated HD 1080p movie has a bitrate over 9-10Mbps, they would be sending even a short HD video for years via their small anthena :D
That`s why these things use not very high res still-image cameras and in black`n`white. The point is to lower the amout of data as much as possible.
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

larryduane100

Unread post by larryduane100 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:19 pm

What, I wonder, is the bright object at the top left of the picture?
larryduane100

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 pm

I wondered if there was an electrical discharge that resulted in the apperance of that rock? I would like to know what Wal thinks.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 am

What, I wonder, is the bright object at the top left of the picture?
I think it's the remains of the cradle the Rover sat in during re-entry. The rover's tracks seem to lead back to it.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

bioslueth

Unread post by bioslueth » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

It looks like a very big railway sleeper? Oak? or has it been put into the picture by the NASA crew? I think it has been tampered with the shadows are at different angles :D :roll: to the tectonic slabs around it unless I am mistaken? The tracks do not show this side of the log clearly no struggle to get over it? Biosleuth

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 am

Mars is full of regions where the surface rocks have been fractured into angular forms of every shape. Polygonal "cobbles," shattered "pavement," piles of rectalinear boulders -- you name it. Images:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... 05L0M1.JPG

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... 05R0M1.JPG

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... A060R1.jpg

"The striated and layered quartzite is sharp-edged and broken into angular polygons. The fissures running through the chaotic pile are filled with hematite dust. Close up images of the layered chunks show thousands of raised nubbins all over the exterior. When electric currents of gigajoule magnitude explode through the rock strata they blast the material out, forming great trenches. The debris falls back, creating big piles of distorted and half-melted minerals with no sign of how they could have been eroded into their present appearance."

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... temars.htm