Does the Moon Rotate?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jtb

Re: Does the Moon Rotate?

Unread post by jtb » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 am

oz93666 wrote:if you were living on the moon you would see the stars and the sun rotate around and back to the same place every 27 days .
Junior on the merry-go-round would see the same background with every orbit. He is still not rotating about the pole through the horse's back.

chrimony

Unread post by chrimony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25 am

oz93666 wrote:I'm sure someone has already mentioned the moon does not perfectly keep one face towards the earth , but oscillates slightly ....7 degrees I think.
Yes, you could say it's been mentioned.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:29 pm

If You think of libration differently than accepted, it demonstrates something wonderfully.
You need to consider that no-thing is so called moving , but is instead displacing relative to the field it is within.

Then consider how the out of balance and counter rotating fields of Earth and the sun are symbiotically causing the various forms of libration.
That there is no such mythical force called gravity, and the tides here on water covered Earth are similar consequences of this interaction between fields, as will be sun spot activity on the sun.

You are not moving when walking or running, but are displacing within Your own local field, and are unable to displace when that field ceases.....You will be termed as been dead.
A clue is shown then to how all is within a solid packed universe, as so called rigor mortis, until the earths fields permeates to lay to rest all atoms relative to the field of earth.

This sort of thinking is extremely difficult for the vast majority to accept as their ego's demand that they know the truth.
That light is not travelling, but occurring.
That Walter Russell offered up real insights into the electric universe.
http://theuniversalone.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ep-in.html
Kevin

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:31 am

Kevin, read "Secret of Light" and watched some videos but didn't understand most of it. Guess my mind isn't ready to receive the info. I think it's because he uses terms I am not familiar with.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:13 am

I really don't get the point of this topic.
jtb says:
The moon revolves--changes direction--but does not rotate.
The words ROTATE and REVOLVE are a synonym of each other. They mean the same thing.

There is no actual rod or pole through the lunar body, no axis.
The same is true of what is called the "center of gravity" of any object.
These are ideas or terms useful to facilitate discussion of topics in physics and life in general.

As the moon goes around the earth the same half of the sphere constantly faces our planet.
Whether it rotates or revolves is ..... ???

"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin"
Now there is something worth talking about.

Jack

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:46 pm

jacmac wrote:The words ROTATE and REVOLVE are a synonym of each other. They mean the same thing. There is no actual rod or pole through the lunar body, no axis. The same is true of what is called the "center of gravity" of any object. These are ideas or terms useful to facilitate discussion of topics in physics and life in general.
Jack, true physics deals with real objects. Imaginary objects, like an imaginary axle, or axis, are used to understand how objects behave and therefore must be treated as real.

If I used the term "revolve" or "center of gravity", it was probably quoting someone else. To avoid confusion I use the term "orbit" rather than "revolve" and "center of orbit" rather than "center of gravity". An axis is an imaginary axle. If an axis doesn't behave like an axle it is only real in your mind and you are dealing with metaphysics rather than physics.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iMZ2TYIv1w Found an entertaining video about the moon.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

jtb,
No conspiracy theories here!
The Earth is a sphere, that is substantiated by observation from space craft.
NASA astronauts went to the Moon.
The Moon rotates once in a revolution of the Earth, if it did not then we would see the dark side every month.

It has become obvious that this thread only makes sense if one accepts the premise that there is a vast conspiracy to hide that everything we know about Astronomy is fiction. This thread has devolved into the realm of conspiracy. There is no evidence or observation that can refute the conspiracy because that evidence is itself part of the conspiracy.
The forum Rules and Guidelines states:
"This is not the place for wild speculation or conspiracy theories, and there are many other forums suitable for that purpose."

This thread is locked.