Glass plasma tank circuit

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Bates

Glass plasma tank circuit

Unread post by Bates » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:39 am

Hi everybody, I'm a glass artist with scientific glass training. I'm pretty sure I can build a functional glass plasma tank circuit (Without electrodes ideally). I am a ham radio operator so I understand a LC circuit. So far I've made a functional glass/electrolyte variable capacitor and used it to tune my HF antenna (1nF ish). It seems to me if that works with salt water than a similar vessel would work with plasma. The inductor could be a traditional coil like used in a condenser although I have my own approach to that. I like the idea of the plasma being induced instead of involving electrodes but I could use them if needed. I figure a lot of these currents and plasma formations in the universe are part of tank circuits. Even if it doesn't work it will look cool doing it...

I am also willing to donate glass parts, pieces, and chambers to other people's experiment.

If you want to see pictures of the capacitor and a glass antenna enter my call sign into qzr.com, KM6JXA. I seem to be having trouble posting pics at the moment.

Here's a link to a project I did for fun to give an idea of what is possible.

https://youtu.be/1AkfqKO5oJg

kmcook

Re: Glass plasma tank circuit

Unread post by kmcook » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Umm... QRZ.com will work; QZR is typo.

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Are you thinking of a glass plasma chamber surrounded by a coil? Then inducing a plasma state in the chamber wth a high frequency signal? I can see how you would vary the resonance by increasing or decreasing the charge on the plasma. What sort of experiments did you have in mind using the tuned circuits?

TGD
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

Bates

Unread post by Bates » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Yes, that was a typo. Qrz.com is right. The design I have in mind is all glass. Glass capacitor in parallel with glass inductor with plasma as the conductor. The why of this is ultimately because it sounds like fun however I believe I can help expand the options of glassware and chambers plasma experimenters have at their disposal. I'm am also posting about this in part to get the attention of anyone doing their own experiments that would benefit from custom apparatus. I can easily make and donate glass ware that would other wise be expensive to purchase. It's difficult for me to explain the full extent of what I can make so I'm just going make a few examples of things I'm imagining and post pictures. If anyone sees something they want to mess with or has design ideas, I'll send it to them. I can set up apparatus with high vacuum metering valves and some system to make electrode swapping easy.

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Are those pressurized glass bulbs on top of your flame thrower? I didn't notice a line feeding gas to the gun. Looks like hydrogen and oxygen.

The gun is certainly intricate and demonstrates a mastery of the art.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Would the inductor have a core with magnetic properties, iron or ferrite or ??

Bates

Unread post by Bates » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Maol wrote:Would the inductor have a core with magnetic properties, iron or ferrite or ??
The simplest way to picture it is a coil of glass tubing. So it would be an air core unless you decide to stick a core In it. It could have a plasma core too...

Bates

Unread post by Bates » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

The Great Dog wrote:Are those pressurized glass bulbs on top of your flame thrower? I didn't notice a line feeding gas to the gun. Looks like hydrogen and oxygen.

Yup, it's full off butane. It's self contained, there are no hoses or lines feeding it.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 pm

The Great Dog wrote:Are those pressurized glass bulbs on top of your flame thrower? I didn't notice a line feeding gas to the gun. Looks like hydrogen and oxygen.
Hydrogen burns with a blue flame that is almost invisible in daylight.
Yes, excellent skill. Seems like eye protection would be prudent with that gizmo.

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:59 pm

On the contrary, hydrogen burns with an orange flame and is quite visible.

TGD

http://periodictable.com/Items/001.9/index.qtvr.html