Mummified Dinosaurs / electric fossilization...?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

Re: Mummified Dinosaurs / electric fossilization...?

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree with Webolife, this thread is amazing.

Trojan work by Allyn on his epic post.

Alton should be contributing his knowledge to this thread.

Alchemy is the Art of Tranformation. The Universe is alchemy in action. But there again, I'm just an old fossil who likes to read even older texts. :D
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:07 pm

allynh said
The last post I did took two days and almost drove me nuts, computing Gold and all the related elements/compounds by hand would kill me. This needs a computer program that can be tweaked...to crank out the elements.
I am sure we would all love to pitch in to get you a new program! I can see really nice elemental transmutation youtube videos too.

But if I contribute, just remember--animals and trees in, opal and quartz out. :D (Not to say the S word.)

Allynh's post comes out to about 11 pages--something to look at in the coming week. Fabulous.
Last edited by Brigit Bara on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:50 pm

hello all,
Great thread, I have been following it from the beginning. I hope that this post is not perceived as a derailment, but it does concern gold and a fossilization issue.
I have nothing to add concerning the transmutation of elements, however I found in the V archive an interesting article concerning the origin of gold in Rhodes being associated with a cosmic event.
Gold-bearing gravel—with ingots in it—originated from outside of the Earth and, if we should look upon the Greek legend of Zeus and the golden rain in Rhodes as containing revealing elements, then the ingots came from Jupiter.(3) It could be meteoric gold, and as to the origin the ancients could err; but the event happened in human memory, actually during the Early Bronze Age, or at its end.(4)

http://www.varchive.org/itb/gold.htm#f_5
I wonder if the gold could have been created in electrical discharges associated with the event, as Zeus was well known for his penchant for hurling some nasty thunderbolts?

Also of interest in the same article, is Velikovsky's mentioning of a fossilized human skull found in a gold mine:
In 1866 a human skull was unearthed in the interior of Bald Mountain near Altaville, in Calaveras County, California. The skull of Bald Mountain was reported to have been found in the shaft of a gold mine, in a layer of auriferous (gold-bearing) gravel, beneath four layers of lava, each separated from the other by four layers of gravel. The skull did not differ in structure or dimensions from the skull of modern man; however, it was fossilized.(5) In the gold-bearing gravel of Calaveras were also unearthed fossilized bones of the mammoth, the great mastodon, the tapir, horse, hippopotamus, rhinoceros and camel, all extinct animals in pre-Columbian America. But geologically the layer in which it was found belongs to the Tertiary, and therefore a great embarrassment was in store for the geologists and evolutionists.
The Calaveras skull is interesting, and has been officially labeled a hoax:
The skulls were simply too modern in character to be from the Pliocene age, and in addition, the sediment attached to them was not from the mine deposit, indicating that they had been planted.
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoax ... ras_Skull/
But I cannot help but wonder if the hoax label may be attached mostly because of the first statement, "The skulls were simply too modern in character to be from the Pliocene age..." An embarrassment for those with an academic vested interest in the prevailing paradigm.
The dispute revolves around the fact that there is no documentation of the find other than the word of a miner. It is interesting that the above linked article does not mention that the skull is fossilized! So if it was a hoax than the miner must have found a fossilized human skull someplace and lied about finding it in the gold mine, also contrary to what is stated in the above article, the sediment in the skull did match that of the mine:
To one of the latter finds,
the so-called Calaveras skull, great interest attaches because the
bone has lost its organic material and has taken on the appearance
of a true fossil. It has been claimed that the matrix investing the
skull is of the same character as the gravel of the mine where the
specimen was found.
http://www.archive.org/stream/recentinv ... h_djvu.txt

This article, from AMERICAN ARCHAEOLOGY AND ETHNOLOGY (Univ. of California Publications), cites other examples of human remains found in auriferous gravels, but comes to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence.
A review of the evidence favoring the presence of the remains of man in the auriferous gravels, compels one to regard it as
insufficient to establish the fact.
I suspect that the Calaveras skull may be a case of the established school of thought refusing to accept inconvenient evidence.
Well, I don't know for sure, but it certainly is one of those things that make you say "hmmm."

nick c

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 pm

GaryN wrote: I have a question for you. Do you think that these transmutations must occur within resonant cavities?
I remember as a kid, going to a museum in Denver Colorado that had large quartz crystals laced with gold. The quartz crystals were big, clear, faceted, a couple of feet long and almost a foot thick, with sheets and wires of gold inside it. The gold in the quartz followed the basic structure of the crystal. A crystal that big and pure would act like a resonator within the crystal.

All that was over 40 years ago, and I can't find any pictures online from that museum, http://www.dmns.org/main/en/. (For a museum, their web page shows nothing.) I found a number of photos online that show gold with quartz from various Rock Shows. Many of the pictures show gold found in quartz cavities.

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/gold/

http://www.mindat.org/gallery.php?loc=7768

http://www.crystalclassics.co.uk/news-story.php?id=9

I remember seeing stuff like that, but it was the big clear crystals laced with gold that impressed me as a kid.

Any time my Dad would talk about Gold mining, he said that they would follow a vein of gold through undisturbed quartz rock. There would be this thin thread of gold ore running for thousands of feet, twisting and branching. All that sounds like lightning flowing through rock rather than water transporting gold. The problem that I've always had with the concept of water transport is that gold, silver, cadmium, and palladium where always found together. I can't think of any chemical process, whether hot water or molten rock that could carry each of those metals together when they all have different chemical properties. Certainly not one that would put sheet and wire gold in big clear quartz crystals.

That's the same with the copper found in Santa Rita, NM. There were plenty of samples that were big fans of pure copper that looked like classic Lichtenberg lightning patterns. That's how the site was located, the indians would find the pieces on the ground and shape the metal without having to smelt it. There is no way big masses of copper can lie on the ground exposed for any length of time. It had to be young.

I didn't realize that the metals came in so many isotopes. That changes everything. That's why I look at the mix of metals found together, and the way isotopes of silver break down, as the "smoking gun" for lightning as the source.
nick c wrote: Also of interest in the same article, is Velikovsky's mentioning of a fossilized human skull found in a gold mine:
I keep flashing on some poor caveman out hunting, when a mass of pyroclastic debris covers everything, man, animals, and all, flash fossilizing them, and converting some of the debris to gold. Yikes!

Like the articles you mention, if you look at the Wiki pages for the isotopes of Silver and realize that they decay in a matter of days, that indicates to me that any surface deposit that is still sitting in quartz is brand new, freshly minted atoms. The gold, silver, all metals we have today, are probably younger than the Earth.

Gold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold#Occurrence

Isotopes of silver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_silver

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 am

* I just made a Table of Contents for the thread called Transmutation on Stars, Planets etc. I think it might be handy as a reference for some of the types of transmutation that we're discussing here.
Page 1 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... ?f=3&t=209
- Post 1 LK: IRON STARS, SULPHUR MOONS etc; LIST OF TRANSMUTATION FORMULAE [first 37 elements]
- Post 2 LK: SULPHUR [moons] & IRON [suns]
- Post 3 LK: Photospheric [elemental] composition (by mass)
- Post 4 LK: TRANSMUTATION LINKS ON THIS SITE [relating to transmutation on stars, planets etc; many links no longer work]
- Post 5 Junglelord: Meyl Scalar Technology; Vortex Theory of a Hydromagnetic Field; Z Pinch Fusion at the core of the earth
- Post 6 LK: Earth's basement granite rock crystallized almost instantly
- Post 7 SeaSmith: What is the Neutrino Sea?
- Post 8 LK: neutrino sea; Gentry's material
- Post 9 Krackonis: Earth compared to Venus or Titan shows it is completely different
- Post 10 LK: EU theorists don't accept conventional dating methods
- Post 11 Rduke: I do not see why the earth could not be many billions of years old
- Post 12 junglelord: The earth is at least 4 billion years old
- Post 13 Plasmatic: By what method do we arrive at such a date?
- Post 14 junglelord: Modern Science
- Post 15 biknewb: Carl Frederick Krafft and his ether vortex (or "vortex ring") atomic theory
Page 2 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... a&start=15
- Post 16 LK: TRANSMUTATION & DATING
- Post 17 Rduke: In the EU there is almost no way to ever know the age of something...even Venus; giant red spot in Jupiter
- Post 18 StefanR: I agree
- Post 19 LK: DATING & KERVRAN'S BOOK
- Post 20 StefanR: KERVRAN'S BOOK: old french hoax
- Post 21 arc-us: Kervran's book was a fraud?
- Post 22 LK: Wal Thornhill et al, our main experts, [don't consider] Kervran's book is a hoax
- Post 23 arc-us: Low Energy Nuclear Reactions: The Revival of Alchemy
- Post 24 Krackonis: the futhur back in time we estimate [dates] the most likely we are totally wrong
- Post 25 Krackonis: My own chemistry experiements ... Transmutation is indeed plausible at low temperatures
- Post 26 LK: SAMPLE EXPERIMENT from KERVRAN'S BOOK
- Post 27 LK: NEUTRINOS INVOLVED IN BIOLOGICAL TRANSMUTATION
- Post 28 LK: CYCLOTRONS IN PLANTS -- & ANIMALS TOO?
- Post 29 StefanR: sources in the text go to old french research
- Post 30 LK: The studies cited are from all over the world
Page 3 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... a&start=30
- Post 31 LK: EXPERIMENT TO TRANSMUTE CARBON INTO IRON
- Post 32 LK: ORIGIN OF COAL & OIL
- Post 33 LK: OHSAWA'S TRANSMUTED IRON IS BETTER THAN NORMAL IRON
- Post 34 Krackonis: sounds like Damascus Steel
- Post 35 LK: FIRE & BRIMSTONE [in Genesis]
- Post 36 Krackonis: long strike area right in the middle of the dead sea
- Post 37 starbiter: Thoth newsletter ... about microbes causing transmutation
- Post 38 LK: Kervran discussed ... bacteria etc; Jordan River valley ... EDM
- Post 39 LK: MERCURY INTO GOLD
- Post 41 arc-us: Transmutation, The Alchemist Dream; nuclear waste problem; metal hydride film; How Cold Fusion Works
- Post 42 Solar: mysterious appearance of hydrogen, helium and neon in electrical discharge tubes
- Post 43 heretic5: new discrepancy found in age of Earth's mantle
- Post 44 arc-us: THOTH VOL VI, No 6: MICROBES IN GEOLOGY
- Post 45 Lloyd: Apr 23, 2008, the TPOD said: "The Siberian Traps; Thunderbolts team ... regard the Earth as much younger
Page 4 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... a&start=45
- Post 46 Steve Smith: No one can say how old the Earth is
- Post 47 davesmith_au: Re: HOW OLD IS THE EARTH?; total misinterpretation of ... Thunderbolts team
- Post 48 Eres: no one proof exists [re] the age of the Earth [etc]
- Post 49 nick c: there is not a reliable estimate of age
- Post 50 Grey Cloud: didn't the hypothesis start off concerning the age of granite; in Greek myth, Earth is older than Saturn
- Post 51 nick c: Velikovsky's thesis is that Venus was a new planet
- Post 53 nick c: different link; "Venus Isn't Our Twin"
- Post 56 Grey Cloud: [no]thing in the myths ... suggests that either [Mars and or Venus] suddenly appeared
- Post 57 nick c: 900 degree temperature of Venus is best explained as natal heat
- Post 58 Lloyd: Young Age for the Earth; Robert Gentry's findings; Ralph Sansbury; light ... far in excess of the speed of light
- Post 59 davesmith_au: Thunderbolts team ... advance no hypothesis ... on [age of] the Earth
- Post 60 Lloyd: From Lead into Gold and Iridium
Page 5 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... a&start=60
- Post 61 Lloyd: TRANSMUTATION RECIPES FOR MAKING GOLD
- Post 62 Lloyd: Where Each Element Comes From; Element Abundances in the Earth's Lithosphere
- Post 63 Lloyd: Source of Sulfur in Volcanoes?; tremors often follow meteor strikes
- Post 64 Lloyd: Warren Hunt on Petroleum
- Post 65 Lloyd: Transmutation for a New Renaissance; formation of new elements in cathodes; bacteria [can transmute mercury]
- Post 66 Lloyd: Mega-discharge transformed granite hills into gabbro
- Post 67 seasmith: intermetals
- Post 68 upriver: Elemental Analysis of Pd Complexes
- Post 69 Lloyd: Cs atoms decrease and ... Pr atoms emerge on the surface of the Pd complex
- Post 70 Xuxalina Rihhia: What do you mean by 6. 2 lead
- Post 71 Lloyd: answer the last question; NEW INFO ON TRANSMUTATION
- Post 72 smartart: earth's possession of the WHOLE table of elements
- Post 73 Steve Smith: experiments that demonstrated biological transmutation
Page 6 http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... a&start=75
- Post 77 Wormwood: blowing hydrogen across a field of platinum filings produced electricity
- Post 78 Lloyd: Allyn's ... subatomic model of atoms and molecules
Last edited by Lloyd on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:48 am

* On the topic of gold and precious metals, you can see my posts 39, 60 and 61 at the links above.
* Also see this older thread called Iridium as a marker for impacts? http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... dium#p1989
* Allyn, I think it may be possible to simplify your electron shell analysis for the larger elements. It's generally the outer shells that change, so I think you should be able to confine the analysis to those shells, or the ones that change the most.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:07 am

Lloyd posted,
* Also see this older thread called Iridium as a marker for impacts? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=191&p=1989&hilit=iridium#p1989
I like this explanation for the Iridium you had in this thread--that it is transmuted from silicon to iron to iridium.

The reason I thought of it earlier is because I would like transmutation to work vertically. I thought if an element transmutes, it would stay in its group, and maybe even retain some of its traits. For example, the crystal forms of Carbon are shared with Silicon, as they are both in group IVA, and Carbon would transmute to Silicon. I found Iridium is in group VIIIB, which is shared by both Iron and Nickle, and these metals are what a lot of meteorites are composed of. Likewise, Oxygen and Sulfur (transmuting on Io and by lightning) are both in group VIA.

However, allynh is not cooperating with my beautiful explanation, is he? He is moving everything horizontally, and you are both inconveniencing me with all of your math.

So I thought I would say that I appreciate your better, and earlier, analysis of why iridium could be transmuted in association with cosmic impacts.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am

Also, I was enjoying the Denver Rock show link that allyn posted (http://www.crystalclassics.co.uk/news-story.php?id=9), and while scrolling down about 2/3's of the way, I saw the fossilized ammorites. "Canada Fossils had these very pretty and colourful Ammonites, from Southern Alberta, dated at approx 71 million years old." I was reading about those a couple of weeks ago.

Ammolite may be the perfect storm of fossilization of a life form, transmutation, cosmic impact by electricity. I have 3 reasons for saying so:

1. They are found with concretions:
The ammolite deposits are stratified into several layers: the shallowest of these layers, named the "K Zone", lies some 15 meters below the surface and extends 30 meters down. The ammolite within this layer is covered by siderite concretions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammolite
2. They are found in bentonite, which often just means ash:
As the seas receded, the ammonites were buried by layers of bentonite sediment. This sediment preserved the aragonite of their shelled remains, preventing it from converting to calcite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammolite
3. The calcium carbonate of the shells have changed into metals:
The shell itself may contain a number of trace elements, including: aluminium; barium; chromium; copper; iron; magnesium; manganese; strontium; titanium; and vanadium.

I do not know if any of you can do anything with those metals, or if they show any promise for transmutation. But I hope because of the strata we can put them in the positive column for electric fossilization.
Last edited by Brigit Bara on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Homer

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 am

* I haven't read Brigit's last posts yet, so I'm addressing earlier material.
* Allyn, I think you stated yesterday that neutrons decay at the normal rate of about 15 minutes inside a nucleus, just as they do outside. And you added that the electron given off by the neutron is immediately captured by the adjacent proton, which proton then becomes a neutron, while the first neutron becomes a proton.
* Are there any sources from which you got this idea? Or can you provide further explanation about why this idea is likely to be true?
* For small atoms, there's an average of one neutron for each proton. For larger atoms, there is about 1.5 neutrons for each proton. That means for every 2 protons there are 3 neutrons. This may suggest that for small atoms the nucleons pair up as proton-neutron pairs, while for larger atoms nucleons divide into groups of 2 protons and 3 neutrons.
* Robert Moon had a theory that nucleons form platonic solids and the like. The smallest platonic solid is a tetrahedron, which could be formed by 2 protons and 2 neutrons, as in the Helium nucleus. It seems to be a reasonable theory. Here's Laurence Hecht's article, A New Approach to The Ordering Principle Of the Stable Isotopes, which has a number of tables to show which atoms and isotopes form the most complete platonic solids etc:
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/A ... otopes.pdf
* I did some net searches and found this on Atomic Radii figures, graph and closeup graph, which show the relative sizes of atoms:
http://www.crystalmaker.com/support/tut ... iData.html
http://www.crystalmaker.com/support/tut ... Radii.html
http://www.crystalmaker.com/support/tut ... _Radii.jpg
* And I found this interesting argument for a New and Better Table of Elements, which covers the electron shells and subshells too.
http://www.sussna.com/Pyriodic_Table.html
* New Table of Elements
http://sussna.com/Element_Periods_New.html
http://sussna.com/Element_Period_Pyramid_New.html
* Electron Subshell Pyramids arranged by Energy
http://sussna.com/Electron_Subshell_Pyramids.html
* Flattened Electron Subshell Pyramids
http://sussna.com/Flattened_Electron_Su ... amids.html
* Element Subshells Table of Elements
http://sussna.com/Element_Subshells_New.html
* Electron Subshell Pyramid Filling
http://sussna.com/Electron_Subshell_Pyr ... lling.html
* Putting all this sort of info together ought to tell us something. Don't you suppose?

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:56 am

2 more examples of transmutation working in elemental groups--

1. The nitrogen from the amino acids and nuerotransmitters in the fish's brain was moved to Phosphorous, which is right below Nitrogen in group VA.

2. In the link by Lloyd>>to Stephen Smith's link about biological transmutation, it is pointed out that critters have still generated shells, even if all of the Calcium has been removed from the water. But in seawater, there is plenty of Magnesium, just above Calcium in group IIA.

So at least there is a pattern.
~Homer

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:19 pm

* Hi Brigit. Are you confusing ammolites and ammonites? I looked them up.
Ammolite is a gemstone; see images here:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&i ... ab=wi&um=1
Ammonite is a nautilus-like fossil; see images here:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&i ... ab=wi&um=1
* So it's just ammonites that you're after, I think, which only applies to number 3 in your list of reasons. #1 & 2 refer to the ammolite gemstones, rather than fossils, it seems. Both do seem relevant to EU theory, though. Ammolites seem relevant to Webolife's recent crystallization comments. I suspect that they're related to tektites, which are formed electrically during "impacts" on Earth or elsewhere. It's interesting that they're associated with concretions and bentonite, or ash.
* I guess, after looking around a bit, that ammolites come from ammonites. I see that ammonites are found in concretions too:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&u ... s&aq=f&oq=.
And I see here that ammonites and ammolites are sometimes together:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&u ... s&aq=f&oq=
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&u ... s&aq=f&oq=
* This site http://ammolite.wordpress.com/2007/10/1 ... s-ammolite says:
Ammolite is approximately 70 million years old and is formed from a rare, mineralized fossil called an ammonite. Ammonites looked like giant Chambered Nautilus shells.
* I guess I should take back what I said above about ammolites being a kind of tektites. I notice that the ammonites are said to be found in shale, which I think is solidified mud [via electrical processes].
* You said: 3. The calcium carbonate of the shells have changed into metals:
The shell itself may contain a number of trace elements, including: aluminium; barium; chromium; copper; iron; magnesium; manganese; strontium; titanium; and vanadium.
I do not know if any of you can do anything with those metals, or if they show any promise for transmutation. But I hope because of the strata we can put them in the positive column for electric fossilization.
* I haven't worked on strontium or barium before as their atomic numbers are higher than 37. But the others all seem to derive from silicon and iron as follows:
Mg=Si-He
Al=Si-H
T=Mn-Li=(Fe-H)-Li, or =Cr-He=(Fe-He)-He
V=Cr-H=(Fe-He)-H, or =Mn-He=(Fe-H)-He
Cr=Fe-He, or =Mg+4Li=(2C)+4Li
Mn=Fe-H
Fe56=Si+4Li
Fe54=2Si-2H,=Ni-He
Cu63=Fe+Li
Cu65=V+2Li=[(Fe-He)-H]+2Li
* You also said: I would like transmutation to work vertically
Apparently it does work vertically [in the periodic table columns] to some extent, but maybe it's more versatile than you prefer. Eh? What do you think of these other periodic tables etc that I just posted?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:49 pm

* Allyn said:
he said that they would follow a vein of gold through undisturbed quartz rock. There would be this thin thread of gold ore running for thousands of feet, twisting and branching. All that sounds like lightning flowing through rock rather than water transporting gold.
* I agree that it sounds like underground lightning formed the quartz veins. There are great images of gold and quartz here:
http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&h ... 18&ndsp=18
* Each image comes from a site, so you can also check out some of the sites.
* Nick's reference to a Velikovsky archive article, mentioning gold from thunderbolts and a fossilized human skull in a gold mine among gravel, is also interesting. I wonder if the skull was fossilized as the gold vein was formed, or at different times. And I wonder if gravel means shale, or can it mean limestone etc too?

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Lloyd, I look forward to looking at the periodic tables you posted! I did follow a lot of the links from your previous post, and then had to go do some things.

I hope you can see that though we both thought Iridium is transmuted by electric meteorites, I did not take your idea. I came by it honestly, with my vertical transmutation theory. I hope at least you can see my intuitive (if not outright flawed) route. If I knew you had said that earlier, I absolutely would have referenced you.

Yes, the periodic table needs to be re-arranged! And you and allynh are going to fix it so the elements are in their groups according to how they really transmute. :) ~BB
~Homer

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Lloyd wrote: * Allyn, I think it may be possible to simplify your electron shell analysis for the larger elements. It's generally the outer shells that change, so I think you should be able to confine the analysis to those shells, or the ones that change the most.
That's where things get interesting.

As long as everything is happy and stable, you can focus on the outer shells. What you have to look at is when you start ionizing the molecule in the Z-pinch. As you strip electrons away in a major bolt of lightning, the remaining electron shells want to stay filled. As each shell is stripped the inner shell starts to coalesce. All that energy has to go somewhere. Think implosion in the Z-pinch that compresses things.

Not all the atoms will fuse in that bolt of lightning, but enough to let you smell sulfur, enough to add silicon dust to the air, enough to have a fall of iron or iridium to make it "look" like meteor dust.
Lloyd wrote: * Allyn, I think you stated yesterday that neutrons decay at the normal rate of about 15 minutes inside a nucleus, just as they do outside. And you added that the electron given off by the neutron is immediately captured by the adjacent proton, which proton then becomes a neutron, while the first neutron becomes a proton.
* Are there any sources from which you got this idea? Or can you provide further explanation about why this idea is likely to be true?
* For small atoms, there's an average of one neutron for each proton. For larger atoms, there is about 1.5 neutrons for each proton. That means for every 2 protons there are 3 neutrons. This may suggest that for small atoms the nucleons pair up as proton-neutron pairs, while for larger atoms nucleons divide into groups of 2 protons and 3 neutrons.
Yeah, that's what gets me in trouble, I've only seen animations of the proton neutron dance on PBS. I can't find links to references or the videos. I think it was NOVA or Elegant Universe, but I can't find it in the book, so I'll have to watch the DVDs again.

The proton neutron imbalance that you mention is why radioactive decay occurs. I remember that from college, decades ago.

Look at Deuterium, it is stable with one proton and one neutron, so when the swap occurs everything is balanced.

Now look at Tritium. That is one proton and two neutrons. The imbalance is why it is "radioactive". The neutrons can only safely swap as long as their is a proton available. The minute the timing is off, poof! beta radiation. It becomes Helium-3, which is two protons, and one neutron.

Think about that for a second.

- Tritium is "radioactive".

- Helium-3 is "stable".

The timing goes wrong when the two neutrons in Tritium try to become protons at the same time. The existing proton becomes the neutron, the two neutrons become protons, and the stray electron goes into orbit making a stable {K s 2} shell around the Helium-3.

- That is a "smoking gun" for the proton neutron swapping if I've ever seen one.

The swapping of protons and neutrons is what makes heavy atoms and isotopes with an uneven mix of protons and neutrons "radioactive". They are stable only as long as the dance continues.

When things go wrong, the dancing m&m candies lose their partners and go flying off as "radiation".

This is what things look like from an atoms viewpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDHrB8cVlE

Remember, all this activity is not occurring in a vacuum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0iZNRBuEM

It's dancing m&m candies, all the way down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfrNraWtro

Tritium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium

Helium-3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Lloyd, one of the links you had points to this page.

Quartz seam in Central Deborah Gold Mine, Bendigo, VIC. 4 November 2007.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41188800@N00/1940854231
Had a guided tour through the Central Deborah Gold Mine while at Bendigo, a very interesting tour!! This quartz seam is just what the gold miners are looking for when mining for gold. No quartz, no gold!!
That's exactly what my Dad would say.