Dendera lightbulb

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

edcrater

Dendera lightbulb

Unread post by edcrater » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 am

I would just like to ask if plasma experts have a consensus on the Dendera lightbulb. Is it a discharge tube? Or is it just a snake in a balloon?

MGmirkin

Re: Dendera lightbulb

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:03 pm

edcrater wrote:I would just like to ask if plasma experts have a consensus on the Dendera lightbulb. Is it a discharge tube? Or is it just a snake in a balloon?
Eh, never heard of it... Got a cite/link?

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:34 pm

edcrater wrote:I would just like to ask if plasma experts have a consensus on the Dendera lightbulb. Is it a discharge tube? Or is it just a snake in a balloon?
Oh don't get me started on this one.

I used to belong to an old mailing list called "The Ancient Wisdom" mailing list based primarily on egyptology. I generally remember the individual who started this idea of "light bulbs". I don't agree with that idea. It was such a hot topic that one of our members at that time went and photographed them for the list. There are a few photos here not by that former member.

That being said; I do think the Dendera pictographs are one of the last remaining vestiges providing an indication that some form of 'technology' was being used during a phase of it's many eras.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:16 am

MGM:
There are several carved stone reliefs in the wall at the temple at Dendera, all showing much the same thing. There is a thick cable, and a connector to the 'plasma tube', and at the other end of the cable something that could be a transformer. There is something that looks like a high-voltage insulator, but it has got human arms in one view, not the other.

As far as I know it is the only Egyptian art containing "hi-tech", and is thus an enigma. I posted because I expected the plasma experts would have sussed this out. I hope someone can be definitive about it.

I tried to post a picture from my mac using [img] function but can't make it work. Soooooo........
Links:
http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/ geocentrism/lightbulb.jpg
http://www.mysteriousworld.com/Journal/ ... er/Osiria/ goto Technology of gods
http://www.catchpenny.org/ images/dendera1.gif

cloop

Unread post by cloop » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:38 pm

What's happened with this thread? A fabuously interesting and I think pertanent question seems to have gone completely unanswered!!! Surely a least one other person out there has some thoughts on what this may be. I've come across this one years ago and mostly believe that it something hi-tech, just what is another thing. The ape standing by is also intruiging. Is it a glyph or is it a drone? I think the thing that looks for all the world like an insulator is just that, why, if not for HV.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:03 pm

edcrater - to snatch a particular image area on your screen, try Command Shift 4. Click and drag to surround the image, click at the stop point and it's on your desktop. Double click that image and it comes up at actual size in Preview. Or open Photoshop or whatever and drag the image off your desktop into the work area. Command Shift 3 captures the entire screen image, less useful unless you're writing a manual about the Mac. I'm new to the iMac, so this may not work on OS's prior to Snow Leopard.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Solar wrote:There are a few photos here
From that site:
the symbols represent the "Birth of the Serpent gods" from the Lotus. The same theme incidently is reflected in India where both the Lotus and the Cobra are a major part of the religious beliefs
I think this gets much closer to what's actually being depicted. And, if Dave Talbott's Saturn Myth / Saturn Hypothesis is right, then the image would make sense at least insofar as the snake or serpent or dragon may be born from the mythological flower. Part of an evolution of forms seen in the ancient sky (according to Talbott) leading to the interconnected myths and truly bizarre (when interpreted through modern lenses) interconnectedness in various myths. The uraeus serpent evolves from the Eye of Ra. The warrior's white crown is also his mother. And is related to the twin feather motif, among others.

I have little doubt that this had nothing to do with electricity / technology and everything to do with mythology and Egyptian religion (world mythology / religion if you get into the comparative mythology field, et al).

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:30 am

I have little doubt that this had nothing to do with electricity / technology and everything to do with mythology and Egyptian religion (world mythology / religion if you get into the comparative mythology field, et al).
It has everything to do with that, these two links below will tell you a lot more. There are just no lamps depicted.
The Elements of the reliefs - second attempt

I will now discuss all elements on the northern wall relief from the left to the right and compare it occasionally with Krassa/Habecks interpretation.
In the crypts are five different reliefs, two with "light bulbs", which are connected with the five festivals celebrated in the cult room connected with the crypts. End every relief has its own set of descriptive writings. Krassa/Habeck are ignoring that and simply use ALL texts from ALL pictures to explain ONE relief. And they cherry pick the passages they want to use, while letting the reader believe that all these texts belong to the one picture in question[25]

Now to the details of the picture. The person on the left was already identified as Ihi, the god of festivities. He introduces the whole scene with the words, that he made happy the heart of someone with gifts (and has cast out anger with spells). Whose heart was made happy? Well, the heart of the person to the right of him, a person identified by Krassa/Habeck as "priest of the lamp". But the texts tell the name of the person: it's Harsomtus because the following text is beside of him:

Words to speak of Harsomtus the child: ... 'You shine with your snake on the forehead in the land of t3-rr (Dendera)...[26]

The snake on the forehead is the ureus snake visible on the person behind the "lamp", also the person is shown with the hairdo of a young man, so the identification is clear. Most interesting, another Harsomtus spell follows immediately:

Words to speak of Harsomtus, the great god, who dwells in Dendera, who arises from the lotus blossom as the living Ba, whose perfection is carried by the km3tjw-pictures of his Ka, ..., whose body is carried by the dd-pillar, beneath it's ssmw-picture the primeval (Hathor) sits and whose majesty is carried by the companions of his Ka.[27]

Well, that's an almost complete description of the "light bulb" scene. Harsomtus exists two times on the relief, as a young man behind the bulb, and more commonly known as the snake from the lotus blossom at the back of the "bulb" (seen as lamp socket by Krassa/Habeck). The lotus the new sun (Harsomtus) emerges from every morning since the day of creation.
Normally this happens vertically in Egyptian pictures, but this is no pure Egyptian art. The Greeks used Egyptian symbolism, but changed it to match their purpose.
That the snake is indeed Harsomtus comes directly from the text, because the "dd"-pillar carries his body. "dd" is nothing more than the strange formed Djed pillar, called "electrical insulator" by our authors. Its arms carry the snake, so the identification is clear.
The Ka of Harsomtus carries the "perfection of Harsomtus". The Ka is the invisible double of a person, a soul representing the life energy of a person or a god. The Ka is mentioned in plural here - that's to expect because Harsomtus appears twice to. The Ka's are the two small persons beneath the "bulb", so the "bulb" itself must be the "perfection of Harsomtus" - the morning sky!
The woman in front of the Ka's is Hathor, and the whole thing they are sitting on is the solar barge, as the text tells us:

"Words to speak of Harsomtus, the great god who dwells in Dendera, the living Ba in the lotus flower of the solar barge"[28]

We know from the text before, that Harsomtus is the living Ba from the lotus flower, and now we see that this lotus flower is the lotus flower of the solar barge (Egyptian ships had a lotus blossom decoration on the stern, just like on the picture). So now we see that the "cable" running into the "light bulb" is in fact a stylized boat, the boat the grown up sun god Re uses to sail across the day sky. This is also a perfect identification.

A small interlude: I popular literature normally only "the" sun god Re is mentioned. That is a false simplification because the sun represented many gods. In fact, the visible sun disc was only the visible aspect of many gods. Even in earliest times the Egyptians differentiated between three different aspects, the morning, midday and evening sun, representing the three major phases of the human life. The young sun as child (Kepheri), the adult sun (Re) and the old sun (Atum) In later times (and the Dendera temple IS from later times) each hour of the day the sun represented a different god.

Back to the text, um, I mean relief. In front of Hathor, the mother of Somtus, sits a small guy on a cube, with a disc on his head. Strangely that guy is not mentioned anywhere in the texts, although he plays an important role. The reason for this: this guy and his role was so well known that no word of explanation was necessary. Together with Djed he played a double role...
But first I will look at the figures to the left of the "bulb". The strange thing with the knives is interpreted by out authors as "Thot, the light bringer" - with pages of explanations what Thot could be and what's the reason for him being here. A sign for danger, for electric shock, for death - because our authors had read something about "slain enemies" in the texts on his side.
Unfortunately for our authors the texts also tell us, WHO this person is. And it's not Thot:

UPU: Your name is perfect as Upu, your face is that of a toad. "I have the enemies with the knives, and I will kill all your enemies at the place of judgment."[29]

Upu is a companion of Hathor, and protective god for Harsomtus, he protects him against his enemies, and not a human priest against electric shock. He is an ape god, but not identical to Thot. In fact, as Waitkus writes, he was later equaled to Atum.[30]
So Upu is no warning sign, it is a symbol that the new sun is always protected.
The last person, on the far right (unfortunately not very good visible on my photo) Somtus is shown again in anthropomorphic form, "protected in his shrine". It may be a picture of an actual, separate shrine carried around during the procession[31].

Let's now discuss the "guy on the chest" and his role. It is Heh, the carrier of the sky, who lifts up the sun in the morning. Heh is also a symbol for eternity - just like the Djed pillar itself, which carries the body of the snake (Harsomtus).
Well, they do not exactly mean the same, the world view of the Egyptians was a bit more complicated than ours. One of their main concepts was the duality of things. Men and gods had doppelganger - their Ka's. The world also existed two times, as the real and the netherworld. Ant time also existed in two forms. As Djet and as Nehen-time.
There still is no complete understanding of the Nehen time, but most experts of Egyptian religion (eg. E. Otto, Morenz) see it as "cyclic time" in contrast to the "static time" Djed stands for. Erik Hornung notes, that Nehen is a more dynamic concept, whereas Djet is solid[32]. Djet can protect the eternity of static things, but it cannot ensure the eternity of periodical processes like the sunrise or the seasons. For this another "time" was responsible, the Nehen-time like experts suggest.
The symbol for the Nehen time was Heh, the carrier of the sky. The small guy on the chest carrying the "bulb". Because Heh normally carries the sky, and here carries the bulb, the bulb cannot be anything else than the morning sky (as we had found out before).
How can we interpret the picture now? Djed lifts the snake, the rising sun. Heh lifts the sky INCLUDING the rising sun. So Djed guarantees the eternal life of the morning sun, and Heh guarantees that the process of the rising sun continues in all eternity.
Now the unexplainable three different pictures of the bulb object on the previous page makes sense. On the northern wall Djed carries Harsomtus to guarantee its existence, and Heh carries the morning sky to make the sunrise happen forever. On the south wall the sky itself is carried once by the Djed and once by Heh, to ensure the eternal existence and the eternal repetition. Those two pictures are facing each other, so now the technically useless pictures make sense.
Snake stones...
http://doernenburg.alien.de/alternativ/ ... nd05_e.php
The meaning of the reliefs

The text, which belongs to the relief, explains all its parts showing only the new year topics shown above. The main theme is the sun having its last day in the old year and its first morning in the new year. We can read this clearly enough: "Resomtus alive with gloss in the sky (and) lives at the day of the New Year celebration". That is in a way the heading of the whole scene.

The oval which contains the snake is according to some authors a light bulb and the snake a light filament. Apart from the fact that snakes in Egypt never represented "light" (and that I know of no lighting snakes) the oval had in Egypt a define meaning: It was a symbol of the morning sky, in ancient Egypt "Duat"!
The snake represents, as in many other pictures, the god of the morning sun, Harsomtus. But why, say the skeptics, should a snake be a symbol of the morning sun? Quite simple. The Egyptians noticed that snakes shed their hide and were believed to renew with each shedding. Almost as the morning sun, which comes up every morning renewed. And the sun moves like the snake without visible outer organs.
Especially in Greek-Roman times from 300 B.C. on Harsomtus is always depicted as snake. Therefore Harsomtus appears in Dendera in all cases as newborn sun, and not as a filament - it would be widely out of the context.
The Djed pillar

A substantial point in the light bulb argumentation is the Djed column. Since it is not exactly known what it represents, it is assumed to be an electrical insulator by some authors of the paleo SETI faction and integrated into the light bulb thesis. However, as we already saw in the technical section, the "lamp" is depicted in three different forms. One in its "functioning" form with the arms from the Djed pillar inside the "bulb". Twice however in completely 'un-isolatoric' :-) manner: Once completely without the Djed pillar - embarrassingly, if it should be a so important item for the lamp case, and once with the "glass bulb" itself resting on the Djed pillar with the arms outside the bulb. In this case the Djed pillar cannot have been an insulator - because glass itself is one of the best insulators known.

What is correct is that we do not know the origin of the Djed form. It could have been many different things. But the hieroglyphic, the sign which used the Djed pillar as a word, was used exclusively for the word "lasting" or "stability" - at all times of the 3500 year long history. The occasional use of the symbol as "support of the sky" supports this meaning additionally. In the bulb representation the Djed supports the morning sky, which corresponds accurately with the conventions. So we can translate "Djed" in many cases just directly with "column".

This quite crucial point is not at all registered by the proponents of the lamp thesis. Why - whether from unawareness or because it can destroy some beloved theory - is unknown to me. But in the texts to the lamp reliefs and in the pictures there is no other meaning for Djed than "lasting", as the writings unmistakably prove. Until today no attempt was made to state why in this representation does not to apply in these pictures.
Further relief elements

The "light bulb" of Dendera has on the foot something like a socket, into which a "cable" runs, which is connected on the other side with a "generator". This is the description we can read in the more fantastic literature. But the cable is no cable. It is, as we can read directly in the texts describing the scene, a symbolic sun barge, a boat in which the sun floated across the sky. All this is written in the texts beside the objects.
Neither is the form of the barge shown in Dendera unusual. In many symbolic barge representations the boat only consists of a string like object which forms a bow and a stern. And on the horizontal platform between we find normally gods and objects connected with the sun or the sunrise. One of these objects connected with the sun barge, and normally located at its stern, is the lotus flower. This can be seen in Dendera, too. It's the so called "lamp socket"!!
The ancient Egyptians believed that the sun originally came out of the first hill coming out of the flood of creation (the crypts in Dendera were accurately under this place, so was believed). One version of this was that the sun child (usually Nefertem) climbed out from a lotus flower - the same thing Harsomtus does in form of a snake in the Dendera pictures. A lotus flower is no lamp socket - it doesn't look like one, and the inscriptions explaining the pictures simply state its a lotus flower. The lotus flower was used e.g. for the production of ointments. The God Nefertem, the Memphitic version of the sun god, was even called "The Large Lotus Flower", who emerges as the first thing from the receding waters and started creation - that is much too far to expect from a lamp socket :-) . Lotus flowers looking similar to the ones depicted in Dendera were often shown in desk scenes, and they were the coat of arms plant of upper Egypt - the Knights of the Lamp Socket?? If the objects in Dendera would indeed show lamp sockets, some texts and interpretations would really be more than a little funny.

The figure in the center is called Ka, and the connection of the texts on the north wall suggests that it is the Ka of Harsomtus. Ka is a type of physical soul and no "priest handling a device" as some authors propose.

The God on the "box" is Heh, the carrier of the sky, which supports the rising sun, a scene thousand-fold to be found in Egypt. Heh is like Djed a symbol for eternity - it defines however the cyclic eternity, contrary to Djed, which is for the "continuing" eternity. That is not by any means ridiculous, but has something to do with the way the old Egyptians saw "time". There were objects which lasted forever - the sky, the sun, the earth. But an eternal sun wasn't the guarantee, that the sun returned from the kingdom of the dead every morning! This was guaranteed by the cyclic eternity, represented by Heh. The pictures in the east represent the sunrise, whereas the pictures in the western spaces D and E show the sunset. And again without lamp.

With this knowledge, the three forms of the "lamp" objects suddenly make sense: In the first picture Djed carries the Harsomtus to make it eternal, and Heh the morning sky to let it come again in all eternity. In the second picture supports Djed the sky to make it eternal, and in the third one Heh to let it come again for all eternity. Both Reiliefs face each other directly. The technically absolutely unreasonable arm position of these pictures gives now a unique sense.

The Djed, the Duat, the Barge, Harsomtus, the Ka, the snake, Heh, etc. are foundations for whole theologies during all of ancient Egypt. All of these are well understood and give no room for misunderstood technique. For example, the Djed became since oldest time in combination with anch (life) and Uas (welfare) a luck symbol. No place for insulators. Almost as old is conception of the Djed as carrier of the sky, a canopy could rest therefore on four Djed pillars - why should a ceiling rest on insulators??? The Djed occurs very often in pairs. The Djeds is called then Schu (sky carrier) and Tefnut (in this case likewise sky carrier). The list could be continued easily much further, but these examples should be enough to see that there is no place in the Djed to be an insulator.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_lights_fd1.htm
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 pm

StefanR wrote:It has everything to do with that, these two links below will tell you a lot more. There are just no lamps depicted.
Err, your that is a little ambiguous. I'm assuming you mean religion / mythology as opposed to electricity / technology, as you cite several sources indicating the mythological content of the images and related descriptive texts while agreeing there is no lightbulb. Yes?

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
StefanR wrote:It has everything to do with that, these two links below will tell you a lot more. There are just no lamps depicted.
Err, your that is a little ambiguous. I'm assuming you mean religion / mythology as opposed to electricity / technology, as you cite several sources indicating the mythological content of the images and related descriptive texts while agreeing there is no lightbulb. Yes?

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
Apologies, but indeed, it was that that which I was pointing at.
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

StefanR wrote:
MGmirkin wrote:Apologies, but indeed, it was that that which I was pointing at.
Well-played... ;)

~MG

MattEU

Hathor Temple and her Dendera lightbulb

Unread post by MattEU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:31 am

Bandeau de la frise:
Resomtus is alive with gloss in the sky (and) lives at the day of the New Year celebration.
He lights up in its house in the night of the child in his nest, by donating the light to the country from the birth bricks. The sky is jubilant, the earth is pleased and the God chapels is glad, when he appears in his chamber in his procession barge at his beautiful celebration of the New Year. The God with his disk has come to see him. Nehebkau gives him reputation, and the goddess with her disk, with godly body, rejuvenates him in his sanctuary.
Tchnt tpjt jnr is content because of her majesty. She praises Re because of him with praise for his Ka, with wine from schfjt and meat bits on the altar before him.
The "land-of-Atum" is prepared with his most distinguished plan, as Hu and Sia are subordinated to him. He may protect the son of Re, forever.
Ancient Electricity Part Two
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients ... ty_02.html

Temple of Dendera lightbulb or EUlogy?

gary gilligan in his book "comet venus" suggests tht hathor was an ecliptec band of dust/debris in the sky, Temple of Dendera in Egypt is a Temple of Hathor. the filiment looking thing could be a "snake" or a birkeland current running through the dust band. they could also be the bands or braids in the very unusual wig or hair that hathor is shown wearing.

Hathor - ecliptic dust band in the sky?

the dust band would have glowed at night reflecting light from the sun or i thought may have had its own slight discharge light. when discussing his ideas of hathor i thought of the images from the Crypts of Dendera Temple because they are a real puzzle and i have wondered what they are for years. either electrical equipment or some sort of EU thing.
djed pillar = squatter man? was my first thoughts when introduced to the EU but i could not make any sense of the rest of the image apart from it might be some sort of larger discharge. or a lightbulb.

i didnt realise when discussing it that Dendera was a temple of hathor! only just found that out through your link :)

goddess Hathor, papyrus plants (plasma discharge sprites)

the bottom of the "bulb" has what looks like the connection fitting or may look similar to egyption images of the papyrus plants which may be plasma discharged similar to sprits (upwards lightning). in an older solar system with much more activity these may have appeared to reach up into the sky and hathor and have been seen by the egyptians.

a clue for hathors location is that hathor the cow is shown in the sky, not on the ground. also hathor the cow is amongst the sprites and her bands.

Dendera lightbulb fitting or sprite discharge?
The image on page 83 is very revealing - it clearly shows Hathor 'housing' the red disk. The wavy lines arching up to form a mountain undoubtedly represent Earth's rings. Emerging from this cosmic mountain and papyrus plants is the 'lady of the western mountain', Hathor. She is shown as a cow wearing a plumed red disk between her horns to symbolise her role as 'housing the king'.

The papyrus plants represent another aspect of cosmic phenomenon only recently discovered - that of sprites. Taking on the appearance of a blue lotus, sprites ae a form of cosmic megalightning which appears to shoot some eighty kilometres out into space"
Comet Venus | On page 83
goddess hathor and the braids or bands in her hair or bands in the ecliptic dust?

also shown in the image of the of the Dendera lightbulb are the Djed pillar and people/gods that support or reach up to the dust band in the sky or slightly into it. gary says the Djed pillar shows the 4 corners of the earth. this is something that i and others dont agree with as it seems to fit into the idea of a squatter man discharge or more likely that the 4 layers at the top are the bands in the dust cloud.
its funny that something we see supports and fits his argument from an EU point of view he disagrees with. life is grand sometimes :)

anyway, that is a quick summary of gary gillians ideas mixed in with a couple of mine and others.

funny that the temple of hathor would have the dendera lightbulb ...

The Aten

Unread post by The Aten » Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 am

If I may make some brief suggestions.

Located mainly around earth's celestial equator, Hathor was earth's ring system of ancient times. Isis was responsible for the ecliptic haze. These two nurturing goddesses were interchangeable as the ecliptic and earths celestial equator crossed throughout the day and the year.

Hathor, and to a larger degree Isis (ecliptic haze) hazed the Sun red exactly as depicted. Hathor, as earth rings was said to receive the red sun each evening and protect Re until the following morn. The Egyptian kas, the souls, or doubles of the Egyptians are believed to be some kind of invisible spirit - a figment of ancient minds, this is incorrect. In a world dominated by cosmic catastrophe, Hathor and Isis housed numerous bodies. These were perceived as the doubles of the Egyptians. A 'soul' (ka) that they believed they would join with after death to ultimately live a life of eternity as a star in the firmament of heaven. Heaven perceived as a fixed land above held up by the Djed pillar, which symbolised the four posts holding up the sky.

Seemingly appearing within Hathor (Hat-hor = house of the god king planets) were many electrical apparitions, such as sprites which were represented the papyrus flowers (as mattEU's images), and the aurora (Amun) which filled the sky.

In later times and as the heavens began to clear another electrical phenomena observed appearing 'within' the celestial cow Hathor were 'Dual bands of ultraviolet light mark streams of plasma circling Earth's equator.'

If I could draw your attention to Stephen Smith's TPOD article.

Plasma In Three Dimensions
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/ ... nsions.htm

It highly likely these snake-like streams of plasma were occasionally observed with dust granting visibility to the otherwise invisible. Close proximity personified bodies (as in the images) probably playing a part here in boosting their luminosity. From earths POV providing a good deal of brilliance and almost light-bulb like apparitions.

The Dendera light-bulb carved in Hathor's temple, because this is exactly where it was observed, seemingly within earth equatorial ring system.

Accepted, the precise and exact definition of the 'light-bulb' images will probably never be known. However, I will say with a good deal of confidence is that it represents events in the heavens and has little if anything to do with events on earth. Apart from, of course the Egyptians, recording such apparitions.

Gary Gilligan http://www.gks.uk.com/gks17/

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Sat May 15, 2010 9:27 am

It occurs to me that the carver used a snake inside the lightbulb to indicate that there was snake-like movement of the impulses inside the lightbulbs.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 am

I don't believe the carver had any idea what he was carving, just doing what they were told by the engineers, but yes, they were trying to portray a movement, an oscillation.

Anyway, my latest meditations on the Sun came up with an answer, sort of.
The 'snake' is a plasma antenna, in an evacuated cavity. The tube is a waveguide, so I'm back to the klystron as the microwave generating device, and the insulator looking device as part of a feedback mechanism that allows for the phase locking required to produce whatever effects they were after from the device, communications I suspect, but with who or what, I can't say. ET call home? :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller