Solar wind and storms

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mharratsc

Re: Super Solar Storm 2012

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 am

Grey Cloud said:
From my perspective I have several reservations:
1. It's Fox News.
2. It featured Michio Kaku.

3. They can't, as far as I'm aware, predict the strength or direction of solar flares or CMEs.
4. They rarely talk of anything other than the economic cost or consequences.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

SickScent

Unread post by SickScent » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Lloyd, I am fairly new here. I have done a ton of research on this topic, and boiled it down to about 27 pages. If you go to my blog (http://www.sickscent.blogspot.com/) and go through my research The Coming, Part 1: Celestial Convergence, you will see many phenomena converging that are looking to present a 'Perfect Storm' related to this issue.

Thnaks,
SS

tolenio

Solar Storms can Change Directions, Surprising Forecasters

Unread post by tolenio » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 am

Hello All,

Regarding this NASA news;

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... ep_zigzag/

Isn't this a related phenomenon to the oscillation of our sun as it orbits the galaxy, keeping our sun within ~7 degrees of the galactic plane? This makes for a total oscillation of our sun of ~14 degrees, and this oscillation occurs 3 times during the galactic orbit.

Based on that I infer that solar storms would be constrained to an oscillation of ~14 degrees of the solar eliptic plane, with a total variable of ~28 degrees. Using the IMF eliptic plane model it should be easier to predict solar storm earth targeting with this data.

This is a constraint of a rotating axial magnetic field. and accounts for NASA's giant ribbon at tje edge of the heliosphere. Earth's magnetosphere should have a similar pattern of charged particles.

Giant Ribbon Discovered at the Edge of the Solar System
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... 5oct_ibex/
Image]

To go way out on a limb I would wildly speculate that these ribbons of energy influence DNA and account for the swathing nature of blood type O distribution;

Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 pm

NASA has yet another piece on the threat to the power grid from solar activity.
The troublemaker for power grids is the "GIC" – short for geomagnetically induced current. When a coronal mass ejection (a billion-ton solar storm cloud) hits Earth's magnetic field, the impact causes the field to shake and quiver. These magnetic vibrations induce currents almost everywhere, from Earth's upper atmosphere to the ground beneath our feet. Powerful GICs can overload circuits, trip breakers, and in extreme cases melt the windings of heavy-duty transformers.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... larshield/

I was just looking into proton storms, and the last one was 2005, NOAA 720
It blew out big time on the 20th.

http://www.spaceweather.com/archive.php ... &year=2005

NASA has an explanation:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... _newstorm/
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Solar Windy Days

Unread post by nick c » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 am

This thread is a merger of the following threads:

News! - Solar Wind Hits Earth like Fire Hose

Implications for Sol's low solar "Wind" output

Solar Windy Days

direction of solar current in relation to planetary orbits

Electric Solar Wind:is there charge oops change in the wind

Earth struck by most powerful space storm in three years

Super Solar Storm 2012

seasmith

Re: Solar wind and storms

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:57 pm

we live in an ionospheric bubble, which exists in a (solar system) heliospheric bubble, which pulsates within the flux of interstellar currents; but beyond that heat diffuses and ~
[PM to Tolenio 11-16]

We feel the effects of the cumulative galactic and SS impulse harmonics and beats as weather upon our globe, but until the impinging forces are coherently integrated, prediction may be a bit iffy.

imo,
s

phyllotaxis

A gigantic eruption on the Sun- due to strike Earth tonight!

Unread post by phyllotaxis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 pm

:shock:

LINK
A huge mass of electrically-charged particles thrown out by a gigantic eruption on the Sun is due to strike the Earth tonight.

Scientists expect it to trigger one of the most violent geomagnetic storms ever recorded.

The result could be widespread power surges and even blackouts, disrupted TV and mobile phone signals, and broken down communication satellites.

At the same time the Northern Lights, normally confined to polar latitudes, may produce dazzling displays in the skies above southern Britain.

At least one satellite has already been knocked out of action by the storm. Japan's space agency said its Kodama communications satellite had been temporarily shut down after malfunctioning.

The solar flare that caused the eruption burst out of a sunspot at 10.54am yesterday.

Experts said it was the strongest flare seen in the past 30 years. The explosion caused a coronal mass ejection (CME) which is now speeding towards Earth.

GaryN

Re: A gigantic eruption on the Sun- due to strike Earth toni

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm

From spaceweather.com
The eruption hurled a cloud of plasma (a "CME") into space but not toward Earth. Because of the blast site's high-northern location on the sun, the cloud flew up and out of the plane of the solar system; no planets will be affected
The Mail can be a little sensationalist, to say the least. We should find out soon though.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

tolenio

Unread post by tolenio » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:23 am

SOLAR ERUPTION: On Nov. 23rd, a magnetic filament wrapping around the sun's NW limb rose up and erupted. The eruption hurled a cloud of plasma (a "CME") into space but not toward Earth. Because of the blast site's high-northern location on the sun, the cloud flew up and out of the plane of the solar system; no planets will be affected.
http://www.spaceweather.com/images2011/ ... dpit4pnj81
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

Nitai

Unread post by Nitai » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 am

phyllotaxis wrote::shock:

LINK
A huge mass of electrically-charged particles thrown out by a gigantic eruption on the Sun is due to strike the Earth tonight.

Scientists expect it to trigger one of the most violent geomagnetic storms ever recorded.

The result could be widespread power surges and even blackouts, disrupted TV and mobile phone signals, and broken down communication satellites.

At the same time the Northern Lights, normally confined to polar latitudes, may produce dazzling displays in the skies above southern Britain.

At least one satellite has already been knocked out of action by the storm. Japan's space agency said its Kodama communications satellite had been temporarily shut down after malfunctioning.

The solar flare that caused the eruption burst out of a sunspot at 10.54am yesterday.

Experts said it was the strongest flare seen in the past 30 years. The explosion caused a coronal mass ejection (CME) which is now speeding towards Earth.
This is an article from 2008.. It's been going around the internet for years after wards since they do not have a date on the article. Only on the top of the website, which updates every day, does the date change and it causes people to be confused.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

onthehook

Unread post by onthehook » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:55 am

Doesn't surprise me, that's why I put up the Nict site, you can look and see whats happening with the magnetosphere there, right now its about normal with a right hand twist.

phyllotaxis

Unread post by phyllotaxis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:47 pm

A false alarm.
I should have researched further.

:oops: :mrgreen: