Cluster of 73 Quasars Found

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

puppy

Cluster of 73 Quasars Found

Unread post by puppy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm

So the summary of this article is that apparently, they have found a cluster of 73 quasars which they estimate to occupy about 5% the size of the known Universe. The idea that such a massive object exists punches a huge hole in the assumption that the Universe is homogeneous.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic ... s-of-space

Its almost laughable how much we don't know. I can't wait until they put up the James Webb telescope!

Sparky

Re: Cluster of 73 Quasars Found

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 pm

What a bunch of nonsense! Speculations, built upon assumptions, that came from speculations! We don't know how far away most of the galaxies and stars are! If we don't know how far they are, we can't estimate their size. Pure unscientific fiction. :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

puppy

Unread post by puppy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Exactly my thoughts! So assuming the author didn't embellish the claims too much, either the object is as big as they say it is, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, the current theories used to estimate the size of the object is wrong, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, they really have no idea what they are looking at, in which case their current theories are wrong.

Corona

Unread post by Corona » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

puppy wrote:Exactly my thoughts! So assuming the author didn't embellish the claims too much, either the object is as big as they say it is, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, the current theories used to estimate the size of the object is wrong, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, they really have no idea what they are looking at, in which case their current theories are wrong.
I like how you point out the obvious ;)

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Corona wrote:
puppy wrote:Exactly my thoughts! So assuming the author didn't embellish the claims too much, either the object is as big as they say it is, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, the current theories used to estimate the size of the object is wrong, in which case their current theories are wrong. Or, they really have no idea what they are looking at, in which case their current theories are wrong.
I like how you point out the obvious ;)
But very well summed up :D
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

This site http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/article00818.html has an image showing the 73 quasars' locations in Leo.
In this image http://deepskyorg.tripod.com/leo.jpg I see two galaxies just below the star, delta Leo (del Leo in the above image). That means they could be the sources of some of these quasars. Actually, it seems that several other nearby galaxies could also be sources, ranging from NGC3810 to M65? to NGC3628, 3607, 3625 and way up toward, but not real close to, NGC3486.

Here's a Wikipedia image.
The redshifts z are only about 1.3. Since they're fairly close together from our perspective, and since their magnitudes are likely similar, I'd say they're likely to be much closer to us than imagined. I can't find what their magnitudes are, otherwise I'd try to make a better guess of their distances. But average quasars seem to get only about 2 million ly from their parent galaxies. So, if some of them are from the same galaxy, those closest together are probably not over 4 million ly apart.

A study of over 7,000 quasars at http://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Camb ... 1_3_5.html shows that most quasars range from z=0 to z=3 and magnitude = 16 to 22.

quantauniverse

Unread post by quantauniverse » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 am

According to Halton Arp, quasars are ejected by larger parent host galaxies. To produce 73 quasars in a 3-D shape that fills a volume of 1.6 billion light years and 4 billion light years across, requires trillions of large galaxies compacted arranged in a flat thin supercluster. Roger Clowes writes that this could be a precursory supercluster in the early universe during formation, to comply with the big-bang cosmology. Such a gigantic highly organized precursor supercluster core, would still require tens of billions of years more to form, than the age of the big-bang. See awesome new photos and art about this story at the http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... teins.html

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Q said: According to Halton Arp, quasars are ejected by larger parent host galaxies. To produce 73 quasars in a 3-D shape that fills a volume of 1.6 billion light years and 4 billion light years across, requires trillions of large galaxies compacted arranged in a flat thin supercluster.
Yeah, but Arp also says there's no reason to put any stock in conventional redshift distance calculations, since redshift does not equate with distance, but more likely with ionization etc. So those quasars very likely are much closer than imagined and therefore much closer to each other. It's questionable if the universe is even over a billion ly in diameter. A thunderblog pointed out over a year ago that the most distant distance known is not over about 300 to 500 ly, much smaller than the estimated diameter of the Milky Way galaxy. Distances greater than that are as yet immeasurable and incalculable.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

For those wondering why the two images of the quasar locations in Leo, above, are differently oriented, it's because one is the mirror image of the other. The Wikipedia image has East on the right hand side, the common way of thinking of a map with the compass points on it with North up, and West to the left, East to the right.

Telescopes' optics typically reverse east and west, however, leaving north up, and that's the way the B&W image is presented.

Jim

quantauniverse

Unread post by quantauniverse » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 pm

The redshift controversy of quasars doesn't matter, because it is the distances that the 73 quasars comprising the LQG are separated apart from each other, and nothing regarding there distances from earth. They can see this entire structure is too enormous for the big-bang. The structure should obviously have a huge superbubble at least 10 billion light years across, because the mass in these quasars is enormous. Team leader Roger Clowes wrote me back in an email that's on my website, about speculation regarding this supperbubble surrounding the LQG. He said the LQG has both an interior and exterior, and they are working on studying its interior. Looks like we're just going to have to wait, hopefully not too much longer until someone looks for this enormous supperbubble. A 10 billion LY long supperbubble would literally transform into reality EU and plasma cosmology. See this story and proof with many great photos at
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... teins.html