Recovered: The Electricity of Life - a personal view

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: The Electricity of Life - a personal view

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:09 am

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
Plasmatic MnemoHistory wrote: If most threads in this forum are expressions of the "Mind"Of those who persue E.U., then this thread is an expression of the "heart" of said persuants....

Thank you for your eloquence, PM. Such a good, such a sound heart it is.

Namaste,
Arc-us
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:10 am

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Plasmatic MnemoHistory"
When all this came out into the open for me, I was immediately able to correct my subconscious misconceptions about God, was able to see God as my best friend and best advisor and have learned to ask for God's advice as often as I can think to. The advice now is to go to bed.

That is precisely what Jung termed the Process Of Individuation.The ego/self axis in discourse creating differentiation between the two within consciousness.Discovering the shadow. Enabling one to remove projections.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:11 am

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:48 am Post subject: Re: describing the undescribable Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
biknewb wrote: Quote:
Why do we exist?

We exist to appreciate writing like this thread.

regards

Welcome to friends in the Nether-lands. :)

Namaste,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:13 am

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:43 am Post subject: Re: describing the undescribable Reply with quote
OP "biknewb"

[quote="@rc-us"]

Namaste,
Arc-us

And a Namaste from me to all!

To bring back electricity in this conversation, I would like to share a thought. Thinking about the complex life-like behaviour of plasma in a vacuum, an analogy came to my mind with human behaviour.
Men and women have long range attraction and short range repulsion too, especially in their teens. Boys can come running across the field to be closer to girls they do not dare to approach face to face.
Or am I wishfully seeing things that aren't there?

gerards regards

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 am

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
lk wrote: .... There seems to be a lot more to me than I had the habit of imagining most of my life.

And THEN some. 8-)

Thank you for the in-sight, Lloyd.

Namaste,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:18 am

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "davesmith_au"
@rc-us wrote: Quote:
Might I suggest:You are the one you have been waiting for.

:shock:

Touchet... :lol:

Namaste

Cheers, Dave. :D

PS That cyan is even harder to read than the pink... I mean violet... :lol:

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:19 am

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lk"

My natal Mars & Mercury are conjunct, so, when I think of something, I tend to want to do it. Yesterday morning I had a dream about discussing dreaming with you guys on the forum. I didn't get around to discussing it yesterday, but I remembered the dream again this morning, though vaguely, and I just thought of a seemingly good experiment to try here. I'll start a new thread on it, but the idea is for any of our members to mention dreams, possible telepathy and precognition and see if a collective consciousness may manifest. Short of that, even if it merely expands our individual consciousness or IQ etc, it may still be a useful experiment. I have 2 planets conjunct in Capricorn in my 11th house, so I like for my friendships to be practical. Here are some useful astrology links:
http://alabe.com/freechart
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/plan ... ology.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/insigns.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/planetsinhouses.html

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 am

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"

[quote="davesmith_au"
PS That cyan is even harder to read than the pink... I mean violet... :lol: [/quote]

Don't know from the pink stuff ... but the violettie is upper something or other ... whatever that means to whomever. Wink

Seriously, tho' it (the color) resonantes with what the Namaste represents to me personally from a dream I had a few years ago. In the dream I had awakened in the night with the whole room shaking and I realized (still dreaming) it was an earthquake. Glancing to my left, I saw myself in a dresser mirror and I was glowing this violet color and I realized that I was also creating the earthquake. Must be my gawd complex. That or I was just having my own plasma-moment. Cool

But when the gesture of Namaste truly became meaningful to me in relationship with others, the color just seemed appropriate to me. Now, arencha' sorry you brung it up?

But you're right. Why I only use it sparingly and only in the "best" context. :)

Best,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 am

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "lk"

Well, aren't ya gonna share that dream on my new thread? Or is it too old to apply to now? If so, be sure to dream something tonight for that thread. Okay? That means the rest of you dudes too. Did you read Marcos' dream?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:24 am

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "arc-us"
lk wrote: Well, aren't ya gonna share that dream on my new thread? Or is it too old to apply to now? If so, be sure to dream something tonight for that thread. Okay? That means the rest of you dudes too. Did you read Marcos' dream?

Lloyd, you are an open, good-hearted soul, ain't cha'? I use slang (it's a guy thing I guess), but I mean it sincerely.

Namaste,
Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:25 am

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:58 pm Post subject: The inevitableness of being Reply with quote
OP "FredMars"

To be was inevitable based on the logic that we exist. Therefore the beginning was not a bang, but simply the realization of consciousness, the "I am" is the first energy.

As the energy of consciousness expands, so must the "space" in which that energy is contained. And as the thoughts begin to get more complex, so does the creations of that primordial energy, first by creating new energy forms, and eventually discovering the ability to condense those energies into mass.

It occurs to me that electromagnetic energy may be the "background" or the Aether Energy of 18th and 19th century physics, which was later discarded when Einsteinian Relativity emerged as the de facto standard of quantum mechanics.

IMHO it is the paradox of a creator that refuses to accept responsibility for creation, instaed "blaming" an outside force for all the good and bad creations of reality. We create the reality and it is relative in the sense that we all can create our own reaities.

Order from chaos is a misnomer because there can be no chaos, that is randomness when there is also an intelligence of order. Chaos in the universe may be simply the diiferences of two or more intellegences in the act of creating that reality.

We "see" the world (universe) as we are taught it exists, until new knowledge is obtained through the teachings of others or our own experiences of "reality" in life.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:27 am

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "Mo"

Hi Fred.
To be was inevitable based on the logic that we exist. Therefore the beginning was not a bang, but simply the realization of consciousness, the "I am" is the first energy.

Experiencing is the first energy. Light hits the retina, nerve electrical
impulses are generated, and these impulses induce experiencing. So
there is no 'I' in this, but there is life. The 'I' is generated by mechanical
processes producing thought.

IMHO it is the paradox of a creator that refuses to accept responsibility for creation, instaed "blaming" an outside force for all the good and bad creations of reality. We create the reality and it is relative in the sense that we all can create our own reaities.

We carry the past around with us. Energetic past events still have an
effect now, not only on us, but also on the space around us. Thus
these energetic past experiences influence our actions, and the
actions of those around us. Thus, although we experienced a trauma
im the past, this trauma will influence those whom we contact now.
In this sense we are the creators of our reality.
Mo

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:28 am

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:49 am Post subject: a Human question Reply with quote
OP "high priestess"

If the everchanging ceases,
what at rest, or what increases,
who can open up the door,
to recreate this all once more?

Why must we hide the light?
In this the darkest of the night.
All the symbols perish here,
Now the shadow wanders near,
always present behind the flame,
that's hidden in the dim refrain.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:29 am

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "smurfslappa"

You call it the electricity of life. The mind is a storm of consciousness created in the brain. Look at our lungs, the are Lichtenberg figures that branch out to the eventual alvioli. And our circulatory and nervous system branches the same way. Our DNA are spiraling Birkeland currents.

It still eludes biologists how our bodies grow the way the do, and they look at our genetic code for answers, at single pieces of the puzzle without any way to see the big picture. Maybe they'll find out how to some day, although I doubt it.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:30 am

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
OP "junglelord"

Here is an excellent link to some electric theory of the body. I posted this under theories on cells but felt it was important to allow it here as well. Hope the double post is acceptable. Thanks.
8-)

The Acupuncture System and The Liquid Crystalline Collagen Fibres of the Connective Tissues Liquid Crystalline Meridians
Mae-Wan Ho (Ph.D.)Bioelectrodynamics Laboratory,
Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, U.K.
David P. Knight (Ph.D.) Dept. of Biological Sciences,
King Alfred's College, Winchester SO22 4NR, U.K.

We propose that the acupuncture system and the DC body field detected by Western scientists both inhere in the continuum of liquid crystalline collagen fibres that make up the bulk of the connective tissues. Bound water layers on the collagen fibres provide proton conduction pathways for rapid intercommunication throughout the body, enabling the organism to function as a coherent whole. This liquid crystalline continuum mediates hyperreactivity to allergens and the body's responsiveness to different forms of subtle energy medicine. It constitutes a "body consciousness" working in tandem with the "brain consciousness" of the nervous system. We review supporting evidence from biochemistry, cell biology, biophysics and neurophysiology, and suggest experiments to test our hypothesis. http://www.i-sis.org.uk/lcm.php

a quote from Deepak Chopra is good to think about.
The Body is a River

We all tend to see our bodies as "Frozen sculptures" - solid, fixed, material objects - when in truth they are more like rivers, constantly changing, flowing patterns of intelligence. The Greek philosopher Heraclitus declared, "You cannot step into the same river twice, for fresh waters are ever flowing in." The same is true of the body. If you "pinch an inch" around your waist, the fat you are squeezing between your fingers is not the same as it was last month.

Your adipose tissue (fat cells) fill up with fat and empty out constantly, so that all of it is exchanged every three weeks. You acquire a new stomach lining every fife days (the innermost layer of cells is exchanged in a matter of minutes as you digest food). Your skin is new every fife weeks. Your skeleton, seemingly so solid and rigid, is entirely new every three months. In all, the flow of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen is so rapid that you could be renewed in a matter of weeks; it is only the heavier atoms of iron, magnesium, copper, and so on that slow down the process. You appear to be the same outwardly, yet you are like a building whose bricks are constantly being replaced by new ones. Every year, fully 98 percent of the total number of atoms in your body are replaced - this has been confirmed by radioisotope studies at the Oak ridge laboratories in California. This constant stream of change is controlled at the quantum level of the mind-body system, and yet medicine has not taken advantage of this fact - it still is waiting to take the quantum leap.

To change the printout of the body, you must learn to rewrite the software of the mind.

by Deepak Chopra, M.D.

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside."