Young Galaxies "Surprisingly" Magnetic

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

substance

Re: Young Galaxies "Surprisingly" Magnetic

Unread post by substance » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Apparently standard cosmologists can think of explanations for other "Surprising" Magnetisms, too. Now, since Mars is obviously too cold for a molten core with a function of a magnetic dynamo, an asteroid`s gravitational pull could have caused some movement in the core, so that the planet has magnetic field long after it has become dead cold. A Nice one indeed! :lol:
http://space.newscientist.com/article/m ... d-off.html
Asteroids serving as ON/OFF switches! Why didn`t I think of that first, I could have been famous now! :roll:
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

earls

Ancient Galactic Magnetic Fields Stronger than Expected

Unread post by earls » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 pm

http://www.physorg.com/news136041939.html
(FMV 7-25-08: Merged post on same topic into existing thread.)

MGmirkin

Re: Young Galaxies "Surprisingly" Magnetic

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 am

See my recent Thunderblog entry... Thought the Jack and the Beanstalk reference was too good not to commit it to paper (or, electrons :D).

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law