The Expanding Earth Debate - Part Three

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

The Expanding Earth Debate - Part Three

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:31 pm

(The Expanding Earth Debate - Part Three; Feb 26, 2007)

New conjectures about Earth expansion and crustal deformation of Jupiter's moon Europa have been offered in favor of the "expanding Earth" theory. But what has actually happened to Europa?

[Read more] ...
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Brigit Bara

Re: The Expanding Earth Debate - Part Three

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm

"Plate Tectonics and Earth (planetary) Expansion theories are insufficient and resort to far more inscrutable mechanisms in the accomplishment of their purposes. In the Electric Universe, what we see is what we get. Ordinary processes that we can use for experimental confirmation or falsification of ideas are available to us without recourse to a universe that must make use of creation ex-nihilo and movement without mechanism."

I know if you get 3 expanding earth proponents in the room, you will have 5 opinions on the mechanism for it. I think that question is best left for later, but this does not mean observations that earth expanded are not worthwhile.

I love TPOD. It is as if someone read all my files and links! I am euphoric at finding The Electric Universe--(you know it's coming)--BUT

The Electric Universe theory does not present an explanation for where the awesome currents come from, nor where they are going. There is no source suggested for the electricity. Therefore, since you accord yourselves some room for discovery, I would think you would do the same for the question of what the mechanism is for earth expansion. I agree entirely about letting cooler heads prevail, and avoiding "creation ex nihilo," and your assessment of some aspects of Adam's work. But it is my belief that the dynamo theory will eventually fall on its own sword, and what is in the center of the earth will need some serious attention.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Influx

Unread post by Influx » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

This may not be be the right place for this, but my two cents in, is this. The center of spiral galaxy is where the electricity is coming from. Along with matter. Since I never have believed in black holes, my idea as that galaxies have a huge matter creation furnace at their hearts. They eject small proto-galaxies, quasars, those become new galaxies. The new galaxies grow, age and the processes continues and repeats forever. A similar processes might be going on inside stars, leading to fission and planet birth. And the same thing might be going on inside planets. The idea is that with a sufficiently strong magnetic and electric fields present, the space/universe has the capacity to create matter.
Today is the yesterday of tomorrow.

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:24 am

Hello Influx,

I think if something was created from nothing, then it wasn't nothing in the first place. :)

I thought I would pass on that on OilisMastery.com, I found two links to interviews with Halton Arp, which you can save and keep in your own files! I listened to one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love his observations about quasars coming from galaxies. It just can't be chance that quasars are found near these active galaxies, and at certain redshifts along the axis' of the galaxies. It takes your breath away. So does fissioning stars. It's so gorgeous, and so much more beautiful than collisions and explosions.

I think Dr. Arp does say that matter is being created. But at the same time, what is coming from the core of the active galaxy at the speed of light has a charge. So if it has a charge than it is not nothing. I don't even know if I am disagreeing with you or with him, but hi just the same! ~Brigit
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Crystals grow, don't they?
There's a giant crystal buried deep within the Earth, at the very center, more than 3,000 miles down. It may sound like the latest fantasy adventure game or a new Indiana Jones movie, but it happens to be what scientists discovered in 1995 with a sophisticated computer model of Earth's inner core. This remarkable finding, which offers plausible solutions to some perplexing geophysical puzzles, is transforming what Earth scientists think about the most remote part of our planet.
http://www.psc.edu/science/Cohen_Stix/cohen_stix.html
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 am

...it happens to be what scientists discovered in 1995 with a sophisticated computer model of Earth's inner core.
"Discovered" in a computer model? Give me a break.
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

EdgeGuy

Unread post by EdgeGuy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:54 pm

It's real clear that the earth has expanded.
I can clearly see that.
It's also clear that subduction isn't seen anywhere on the planet.
We just don't see it anywhere.
Part of why I joined this forum was to explore this topic of an expanding earth.
It's connected to an electric universe -but how?
The other reason I joined is that I have known about an electric sun since 1978 when I wrote my first and last paper on it in high school.
The electric sun model goes back to the late 1890s but I can't remember the name of the man who first proposed it.
I did my research in the NYU library so there is a book there about the first electric sun model.
3 months after getting a failing grade for my report, the Neutrino results came out questioning the current sun model.
So having this forum here is of a personal interest to me :-)
Having you all here talking about the electrical universe makes me feel better about that time in my life and I'm happy to see that science is not totally dead.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:51 am

Welcome, Edgeguy! :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Hello EdgeGuy, it was real clear to me that the Earth had expanded, mainly because it appeared that the Americas had move away from Europe and Africa. However a trowel moving sinusoidally through some not yet dried cement will result in a pattern that looks like the cement has cracked and moved apart. Add to this the sinusoidal nature of Birkeland Currents then I had to consider it further.

And then I speculated about how this all might have come about, and came up with some theories. I'm pretty sure that strange and amazing things happened to the Solar System only a few thousand or tens of thousands years ago.
Mo

EdgeGuy

Unread post by EdgeGuy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 am

moses wrote:Hello EdgeGuy, it was real clear to me that the Earth had expanded, mainly because it appeared that the Americas had move away from Europe and Africa. However a trowel moving sinusoidally through some not yet dried cement will result in a pattern that looks like the cement has cracked and moved apart. Add to this the sinusoidal nature of Birkeland Currents then I had to consider it further.

And then I speculated about how this all might have come about, and came up with some theories. I'm pretty sure that strange and amazing things happened to the Solar System only a few thousand or tens of thousands years ago.
Mo
Hi Mo.
Without shrinking the planet it looks like the Americas moved away from Africa and Europe only if you remove Mexico.
If you imagine reversing the flow crust produced in all the ocean rifts -thus shrinking the planet- all continents basically fit together including in the Pacific without the need to lose Mexico.
The Antarctic becomes tropical and the fossils found there also support that.
I found an interesting talk from a geologist on this topic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6hcGJbjL0

Genius Gone Insane

Unread post by Genius Gone Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:01 pm

I just want to cast my vote that the theories of an Electric Universe and an Expanding Earth are both more likely than the theory that "dark matter" is in fact "matter."

I think scientific funding should be redistributed.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 am

EdgeGuy wrote:It's real clear that the earth has expanded.......

Not to my thinking. There are really only two thing which people cite as evidence of Earth expansion, i.e. the problem with large dinosaurs would have in present gravity, and the tectonic plates which indicates that Pangaea would require a world of greater curvature than our present one.

The Problems:

Pangaea is better explained as having sat atop the high part of an egg-shaped world (the axial alignment and tidal pull of the Neptune/Saturn/Mars/Earth system).

The gravity attenuation needed for sauropod dinosaurs would have been almost 3-1 and that within the last ten or twenty thousand years (Amerind petroglyphs contain images of known dinosaur types). There is no way to believe that much mass could have been added to our planet within such a space of time, the whole surface of our Earth would be buried under gravel or whatever had added that much mass.

Gravity is better explained as an electrostatic dipole effect of some sort (Sansbury), meaning that the increase in gravity resulted from the collapse of the prehistoric Birkeland currents, and not from increasing mass.

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 am

tholden wrote:Amerind petroglyphs contain images of known dinosaur types
Which petroglyphs are you referring to as the only "dinosaur" images are either known fakes or easily explained as drawings of existing lizard/reptile species?

Spektralscavenger

Unread post by Spektralscavenger » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 am

I don´t think Earth has doubled in diameter nor anything of the sort although could have doubled (or more) mass and gained some hundreds of kms since formation.

The opposite process is also possible: fierce compression or erosion can actually reduce planetary volume. I think that has happened on Mercury, Venus, the Earth side of our Moon and Io. Asteroids on the other hand expand after being released from a planet.

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 am

Increased electrical input would shrink Earth and not expand it. Too many problems are associated with the theory of an expanding Earth -- fatal problems, just as with plate tectonics theory. Since the planet's surface was heavily reconstructed in a relatively recent past, pointing to features to support either theory ignores that aspect.