Is Earth really Spinning?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jtb

Is Earth really Spinning?

Unread post by jtb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-DP-TqHcdk
I like the airplane illustrations in the attached video showing evidence that Earth is not spinning, but not the connection to religion towards the end. The Bible teaches that Earth is stationary, but many religions believe modern science that the earth is moving.

A few days ago I balanced an egg on its sharp end to entertain my grandchildren. Could this really be done if the earth is spinning at 1,000 mph? Also, if Earth was spinning, if you jumped straight up, you wouldn't land at the starting point. Stand on the edge of a moving carousal and jump straight up. See if you land at the same spot. The carousal is moving in a circle and you are moving in a straight line as soon as you leave the surface because of centrifugal force.

I particularly like the illustration of the plane flying from the equator to the pole without correction for the changing west to east rotation of Earth. This is assuming that the atmosphere is locked to the rotation of the earth. This occurred to me several month ago when my car was pushed slightly sideways by the wind when topping a hill.

GaryN

Re: Is Earth really Spinning?

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 pm

I don't know about the Earth not spinning, but read recently that you can balance an egg on its end at the times of the equinox. I'll go try it out. :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

David

Unread post by David » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:20 pm

jtb wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-DP-TqHcdk
I like the airplane illustrations in the attached video showing evidence that Earth is not spinning...
“An airplane can only land safely on a runway that is not moving.”

The maker of that video needs to explain how pilots are able to safely land aboard an aircraft carrier that is moving at 35 knots.

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 pm

David wrote:
jtb wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-DP-TqHcdk
I like the airplane illustrations in the attached video showing evidence that Earth is not spinning...
“An airplane can only land safely on a runway that is not moving.”

The maker of that video needs to explain how pilots are able to safely land aboard an aircraft carrier that is moving at 35 knots.
And I bet this video blows his mind;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoY-J0SkA3U

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 am

It is the aether spinning, not what it creates.
The illusion is of spinning and movement.

No-thing is actually moving, as the universe is a perfectly packed solid offering super conductive qualities to the flows of aether.
Everything in 3D creation ( compression of aether) is switching within it's own memory field.
This is how You so call move, as You reader are within Your own counter rotating memory field, and this enables switching.
Kevin

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:20 pm

You've got to understand that everything that is bound to the Earth is moving in concert with it: the air and all of the planes that flew off of it.
Of course, there are some forces that emerge when the movement of an object (like an airplane) is directed to or from the axis of rotation (e.g. from the equator to the poles or vice versa), or when the height of its movement is changing significantly. I'm talking about the Coriolis force.
And it is real. And of course pilots have to take it into account. Hell, even good snipers know about it, when they're firing at a big distances (~1 km), since the bullets are being dragged sideways due to the Earth's rotation.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:32 am

paladin17 wrote:You've got to understand that everything that is bound to the Earth is moving in concert with it: the air and all of the planes that flew off of it.
Of course, there are some forces that emerge when the movement of an object (like an airplane) is directed to or from the axis of rotation (e.g. from the equator to the poles or vice versa), or when the height of its movement is changing significantly. I'm talking about the Coriolis force.
And it is real. And of course pilots have to take it into account. Hell, even good snipers know about it, when they're firing at a big distances (~1 km), since the bullets are being dragged sideways due to the Earth's rotation.

"snipers"
No-thing is moving.
This is an electric universe where every single atom in 3D creation is subjected to , and influences every other such individual memory field that each atom exists within.
Our limited senses have INVENTED concepts such as planets spinning, and crazy black hole THEORIES which are presented as FACTS.

It is the aether spinning in counter rotational flows at variant elevations that travel into and out of the poles, this then spirals along the poles in two serpent like pathways where they PINCH together, the heart centre been central , and is what they have wrongly called gravity black holes, it is where counter signals are not RETURNING to the sent sources.

The aether creates all, it sustains all, but it also has ourselves foxed by it's methods.
Thank goodness for those who created this site , and those who contribute.
Kevin

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:47 am

Gary, you have to be very patient, but you can balance a raw egg on its end any time of the year. I think the trick is to hold the egg steady long enough for the yolk to stop moving.
David wrote:The maker of that video needs to explain how pilots are able to safely land aboard an aircraft carrier that is moving at 35 knots.
I may be wrong, but I believe the aircraft carrier is moving in a straight line. Also, by moving forward, the speed of the landing plane is decreased by the velocity of the forward motion of the ship. If the ship was spinning or moving in a circle, landing a plane on its deck would be very difficult.
paladin17 wrote:even good snipers know about it, when they're firing at a big distances (~1 km), since the bullets are being dragged sideways due to the Earth's rotation.
This is a very good point. A sniper firing long distances south to north has to take into account either the west to east rotation of Earth, or, the east to west rotation of the aether (as well as wind direction and speed and humidity)(I'm really not confident about how aether works or what it is) Do we have a ballistics expert to answer these questions?

Also, if Earth is rotating with the atmosphere locked to it, the atmosphere must be moving at a greater velocity the higher up the bullet is fired, just like the further away from the center of a spinning carousal, the greater the distance traveled in the same period of time.

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:37 pm

jtb wrote: This is a very good point. A sniper firing long distances south to north has to take into account either the west to east rotation of Earth, or, the east to west rotation of the aether (as well as wind direction and speed and humidity)(I'm really not confident about how aether works or what it is) Do we have a ballistics expert to answer these questions?
There are a bunch of videos on YouTube: e.g. this one. Or just search "Coriolis sniper" on Google, and you'll find a lot.

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 am

paladin17 wrote:There are a bunch of videos on YouTube: e.g. this one.
The explanation in the video is confusing. Saying "the bullet leaves the surface of the Earth" suggests that it loses all momentum imparted by the Earth—like JTB's suggestion that jumping up and down would create a lateral movement. In a sense, the bullet does "leave the surface" but maintains the momentum—goes off on a tangent.

All the Coriolis variations are due to the rotation of the Earth. The east/west variations are caused by the bullet moving into or out of the direction of spin, thus producing a rise or fall in the ballistic relative to the starting point. (West is rising, east is falling.)

North/south variations are caused by a difference in ground speed. Towards the poles, the ground is moving more slowly than the equator, which is moving fastest.

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 am

Metryq wrote:
paladin17 wrote:There are a bunch of videos on YouTube: e.g. this one.
The explanation in the video is confusing. Saying "the bullet leaves the surface of the Earth" suggests that it loses all momentum imparted by the Earth—like JTB's suggestion that jumping up and down would create a lateral movement. In a sense, the bullet does "leave the surface" but maintains the momentum—goes off on a tangent.

All the Coriolis variations are due to the rotation of the Earth. The east/west variations are caused by the bullet moving into or out of the direction of spin, thus producing a rise or fall in the ballistic relative to the starting point. (West is rising, east is falling.)

North/south variations are caused by a difference in ground speed. Towards the poles, the ground is moving more slowly than the equator, which is moving fastest.
Yes, you are absolutely right.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

My evaluation of the Ballistics video:
Firing W-E, target is hit high and to the right.
Firing E-W, target is hit low and to the right.
Firing N-S there is no difference. Bulls eye every time.

At the equator, Earth and the atmosphere locked to it, are traveling W-E @ 1,000 mp hour, or
1,000/60 = 16.7 mp min, or
1,000/120 = 8.3 mp sec

Once a bullet leaves the end of a gun on a rotating Earth, it travels in a straight line due to centrifugal force (it doesn't curve with Earth or the atmosphere).

Firing W-E, the bullet should hit the target a little higher than the line of sight because its traveling in a straight line 3k ft/sec faster than the curved Earth is rotating, and it does.

Fired E-W, relative to a curved rotating Earth, the bullet should hit a little lower, and it does. However, if attributed to the Coriolis Effect, the cause may be Earth rotating in a stationary universe, or a rotating universe about a stationary Earth. Both scenarios are possible as demonstrated in lab experiments.

If Earth is rotating, a bullet should hit the target left of the bulls eye in either direction: east or west. Bullets in the video hit to the right when fired in either direction. This could have been caused by the E-W rotation of the aether around a stationary Earth.

At the end of the video, the demonstrator stated that shots fired south to north, or vise versa, see no deflection: up, down, left, or right. If Earth is rotating, there should be a left or right deflection due to the changing velocity of the atmosphere locked to the rotating Earth. Once the bullet leaves the gun it is traveling in a straight line deflected in proportion to the changing velocity of the atmosphere. Its similar to the south-north plane illustration posted in my video.

Comparing Earth with a speeding car or train only works if they are moving in a straight line. If the train is spinning, like Earth, and a person jumps straight up, they will not land in the same spot. The train is moving in a curved path. Once separated from the train, the jumper is moving in a straight line due to centrifugal force.

Imagine jumping straight up on the edge of a carousel spinning 8.3 miles per second.

Metryq

Unread post by Metryq » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Ever hear of a Foucault pendulum? After winding up the universe, the pendulum controls the rate at which the universe revolves around the Earth. :P
Imagine jumping straight up on the edge of a carousel spinning 8.3 miles per second.
Hmmm, care to give that figure in revolutions per minute? You'll have to specify the size of the carousel, otherwise the 8.3 miles/s means nothing.

chrimony

Unread post by chrimony » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:13 pm

While these posts investigating physics that defy shallow intuitions are amusing and perhaps educational, the focus on them ignores the stupidly obvious, gigantic wholes in any theory that the Earth isn't spinning: How did we send a man to the Moon using the Newtonian/Copernicus model of the solar system if the Moon is actually orbiting the Earth at roughly 24 hours per cycle? Or satellites to other planets/moons?

Will jtb answer these questions without invoking ad hoc physics? Or will he continuing prattling on about jumping up and down, or balancing eggs on their small ends?

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Metryq wrote:Hmmm, care to give that figure in revolutions per minute? You'll have to specify the size of the carousel, otherwise the 8.3 miles/s means nothing.
jtb wrote:At the equator, Earth and the atmosphere locked to it, are traveling W-E @ 1,000 mp hour, or
1,000/60 = 16.7 mp min, or
1,000/120 = 8.3 mp sec
The carousel I'm referring to is Earth with a circumference of 24,000 miles. At the equator, the outer edge of the carousel is traveling 16.7 miles in a curved path in one minute; 8.3 miles in one second. Once you leave Carousel Earth by jumping, you will be traveling 8.3 miles per second in a straight line due to centrifugal force while Earth continues to travel in a curved path at the same speed. You will not land at your starting point unless Carousel Earth is not rotating.