Herschel observatory: HIFI is on!

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Biggins

Herschel observatory: HIFI is on!

Unread post by Biggins » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 am

In the last couple of days, the redundant electronics for the HIFI instrument were switched on successfully. Although there are still some functional tests on some of the sub-units (being executed today) everything looks nominal and behaving as expected!
:mrgreen:
Herscehl: http://www.esa.int/esaSC/120390_index_0_m.html
HIFI: http://www.sron.nl/index.php?option=com ... Itemid=944

solrey

Re: Herschel observatory: HIFI is on!

Unread post by solrey » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Congratulations to Biggins and the entire Herschel team! :D

Looking forward to the coming data and discoveries.

Will ya let us know if anything "interesting" shows up?
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

Biggins

Unread post by Biggins » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:01 pm

The HIFI project confirms that HIFI is back in business! :mrgreen:

The instrument checks out ans will begin taking science data from the beginning of March 2010! So Herschel is fully operational with a full set of instruments.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:23 am

I finally got around to following the link to the HIFI page. What an instrument package! :)

I think we're going to be seeing some very interesting discoveries from HIFI and Herschel both!

Should at least start a few arguments in certain mainstream circles at any rate, I'd wager... ;)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

ESA also has another solar observing satellite going, too, with cool movies.
http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMYNUKOP4G_in ... l#subhead7
and an instrument to monitor plasma flux (graphs shown of sample electron/ion counts and temperetures)
Jim

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Years ago I heard a guy talk about infrared objects that were supposedly already discovered in the outer reaches of the solar system. I am interested to see whether this will show up. I think that there are good reasons to believe that there will be many objects between the solar system and the nearest stars. These will be below red dwarfs, brown dwarfs etc but probably bigger than planets. I predict that such objects will be at distances apart consistent with harmonics theory. Let me explain.

The nearby stars are commonly located at distances apart of 4.44, 5.9, 7.1, 8.88, 9.6, 11.8 light years and other distances that correspond in light years to the commonly reported cycles in years found in all phenomena on Earth and reported by Edward Dewey and the Foundation for the Study of Cycles. Looking at Dewey's table of cycles we might expect common distances between dimmer (i.e. IR) objects to be 0.33, 0.495, 0.66, 0.99, 1.485, 1.98 light years and other harmonically related values.

Working the other way from the solar system, the outer planets favour distances that are multiples or fractions of 5, 10, 20, 60, 120 AU (astronomical units) and I would expect this sequence to continue and to be representative of distance scales between IR objects.
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Fri May 07, 2010 3:16 am

Well, the first results of HIFI are in. Check out this discovery;

Ionised watergas in abundance

http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object ... ctid=46983

What are your perspective on this discovery gentlemen?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934