How are Plasma Jets made

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

micro777

How are Plasma Jets made

Unread post by micro777 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 pm

I have just recently been reading the plethora of information about EU. Since I am not an EE-just a retired electrical maintenance technician; some of the points covered are somewhat beyond my knowledge and experience. For instance: I understand where the plasma in our solar system originates-from the plasma jets at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy;however I'm not sure that I understand what generates or brings into existence the plasma jets.
The Electric Universe states on page 68 under the subheading The Galactic Circuit:
"The Sun and its satellites occupy a spiral arm of the Milky Way.
Alfven and the plasma cosmologists that followed assure us
that electric currents flow along the arms of the galaxy,creating
helical magnetic fields, confining and 'pinching' the galactic
plasma naturally into the spiral observed(left)."

Would you please tell I can read further information elucidating this concept, and also, where did Hannes Alfven and the plasma cosmologists explain this and similar concepts.
"I could not imagine much progress by reading only, without experimental facts and trials which could be suggested by the reading ."Michael Faraday (Life and Letters, 2:440)

micro777

Re: How are Plasma Jets made?

Unread post by micro777 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:59 pm

I remember reading somewhere on a EU website that the physics behind the generation of the plasma jets at the heart of galaxies was a unknown enigma or that there is no consensis of opinion about this. My reason for submitting my question above is that I am seeking a deeper understanding of the physics behind the operation of previously unknown phenomena.

I am not going to giveup searching for answers even as greater and more learned ones have in the past have spent sometime years in their endevor to find the truth.
I am not of course comparing myself with those like Birkeland, Langmuir, Alfven, et al, of course. I would appreciate any assistance that ANYONE would offer me in my search for knowledge. :|
Oh, and please forgive my rough posting style :oops:
"I could not imagine much progress by reading only, without experimental facts and trials which could be suggested by the reading ."Michael Faraday (Life and Letters, 2:440)

MGmirkin

Re: How are Plasma Jets made

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:04 pm

I'd suggest looking up either "dense plasma focus" (alternately "plasma gun") and "plasmoids." I recall from reading somewhere, though I can't find the reference at this time (oops, found one [listed below]), that when plasmoids form they may in fact discharge in axial jets. Which has led some to speculate that such features observed in the cosmos may find analogues in plasmoids, or may in fact be scaled up plasmoids. Or coherent plasma entities. I think that's what Bostick called them? It was Bostick who named "plasmoids," right? Too much to keep track of these days! ;)

(See figure 6.13b)
http://focusfusion.org/log/index.php/si ... n_reactor/

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Of course, that's only one interpretation. But I find it at least interesting...

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Here is a pdf:
Astrophysical jets: numerical simulations and laboratory experiments
http://www.phys.uit.no/IPELS05/Talks&po ... 05-web.pdf

http://www.phys.uit.no/IPELS05/FullPresentations.htm
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:36 pm

First one needs to define the parameters of the plasmoid. I think its a MECO. That would explain its behaviour on a exponential level of power. Then we lose the black hole and account for the jets all in one model.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm confused.
My image of EU was fairly simple. Galaxies are supposed to be like pearls on a string. The string is an intergalactic Birkeland Current. The current enters at one pole of the Galaxy and exits at the other. This current then concentrates matter into Stars and then provides the electrical energy to light the Star. The power enters at the pole of the Star, the same as the Galaxy. The Jets are part of an unbroken circuit that traverse the cosmos. Am i close
When it was discovered that Electrons stream towards the Sun, the Polar model seemed to disappear. The Electrons were a circuit entering all over the exterior, instead of the Polar model. Is it a combination, or is it Polar? Or other?
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:09 pm

I think it has been described and suggested that it is a Unipolar Motor Faraday Disc arrangement with a MECO Plasmoid that is the Magnifying Transmitter so to speak of the MilkyWay Galaxy and its stars are as you rightly point out resonate nodes on the spiral vortex. Being Longitudinal I believe the energy is transmitted via the visible arms and the poles. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:26 pm

My point is, the Plasma Jets are the Birkeland Currents entering Gas Giants, Stars, and Galaxies that are so active, our sensors can detect them. All of the Planets, Stars, or Galaxies have these Jets, but our instruments can't detect them in most cases.
Or not?
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 pm

...though I can't find the reference at this time (oops, found one [listed below]), that when plasmoids form they may in fact discharge in axial jets. Which has led some to speculate that such features observed in the cosmos may find analogues in plasmoids, or may in fact be scaled up plasmoids. Or coherent plasma entities. I think that's what Bostick called them? It was Bostick who named "plasmoids," right? Too much to keep track of these days!

Michael

Would this one jog the ol' memory?

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:ir ... cd=2&gl=us

s

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 pm

starbiter wrote:I'm confused.
My image of EU was fairly simple. Galaxies are supposed to be like pearls on a string. The string is an intergalactic Birkeland Current. The current enters at one pole of the Galaxy and exits at the other. This current then concentrates matter into Stars and then provides the electrical energy to light the Star. The power enters at the pole of the Star, the same as the Galaxy. The Jets are part of an unbroken circuit that traverse the cosmos. Am i close
When it was discovered that Electrons stream towards the Sun, the Polar model seemed to disappear. The Electrons were a circuit entering all over the exterior, instead of the Polar model. Is it a combination, or is it Polar? Or other?

Yes, that was the model that I thought was correct initially. Or the Langumuir Probe concept: If you put an object in a plasma it will develop a double layer and a local current flow to the object from the double layer.
But then the were some anomalies, the very ones you describe that have lead me to explore deeper. There is not a Birkeland current associated with every luminous object. The iron(Fe) of the universe. And Tesla coils.
The cathode spot in particular is a big one right now for me because electrons stream away from the cathode.
Which is what we see on the solar surface.

But EU says the sun is an anode which I take to mean less electrons and more protons. Electrons stream towards the anode and away from the cathode, which is not what we see on the sun(except for impulsive events?). The solar wind and CME's for example..

This whole conundrum has lead me to explore the aether and the idea of an internally powered sun, like a radio antenna(hollow and iron). ;)

Aetherometry.com

So, no its not cut and dried. I think it is deeper than we think.
Maybe we cant even imagine what the truth is.

But we can still walk along the path.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Thank you.
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

upriver

Unread post by upriver » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 pm

starbiter wrote:My point is, the Plasma Jets are the Birkeland Currents entering Gas Giants, Stars, and Galaxies that are so active, our sensors can detect them. All of the Planets, Stars, or Galaxies have these Jets, but our instruments can't detect them in most cases.
Or not?
Every reference I can find has Jets going outward from any particular objects. And I can find now EU that refutes that. Even the solar polar plumes have an outward flow.

So what I have come up with is this. There are event that happen that are called "reconnections" which is a misnomer. The event that takes place is actually a filamental pinch. Which is here Image. You can see the current channel merging.
Unfortunately that whole thread and much other info was lost. VERY disappointing. I though there was a backup system.

Anyways when this happens there are 2 opposing jets that shoot outward. This has been observed by CLUSTER as a transitory event.

My extension is to scale it up and say that jets are a continuous filamental pinch fed by a MEECO type object powered by the Aether.

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:25 am

This an even more confusing link:
About 10-20% of quasars are of a special type called BAL quasars. The BAL stands for ‘broad absorption line’ and seems to indicate that a thick cocoon of gas surrounds the quasar.

Most researchers believe that gas flows away from a BAL quasar along the equatorial direction of the accretion disc. These quasars show little X-ray emission, indicating that there is enough gas to absorb most of the X-rays given out from the region near the black hole.

But some BAL quasars appear to be spewing material out along their polar axes, at right angles to the accretion discs.
It may mean that BAL quasars are more complicated than originally thought. “Perhaps there can be both equatorial outflows and polar outflows simultaneously from these objects,” says Wang. Maybe, the outflows are even produced by similar means.
Computer simulations suggest that the polar outflows, like the gas ejected from the accretion disc, are also material falling in, turned away by fierce radiation before it comes near the black hole.

Wang and colleagues are now following this work up. They hope to monitor more BAL quasars over a longer period of time. “We need more data so that we can look into the details of the X-ray emission,” says Wang.

It seems that the more astronomers look into the distant universe, the more complex it becomes.
http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMDHJXMMEF_index_0.html
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:26 am

http://plasmascience.net/tpu/elec_currents.html Dr. Peratt implies Birkeland Currents are the power source. The energy at the poles of Earth seems inward. Are you certain about the poles of stars being outflows of energy. I have read Dr. peratts site many times, and it seems to be at odds with you folks. Is this a correct assessment? If so, why should i listen to you folks instead of the leading authority. No offense. Ít's possible the outflow model fits with Peratt and i just don't understand.
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com