Recovered: Cymatics

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Cymatics

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to lk for this link from his Links to Related Alternative Science Webpages thread (Waves section). Plucked it out of the general context to emphasize its particular relevance to this thread.

LINK: Wave Particles: Oscillons, Cymatics Feb-1997 Ray Tomes

Mr. Tomes's home page with some very interesting links for follow-up study of his Harmonics Theory and related topics.

LINK: Ray Tomes' Cycles in the Universe

Regards,
Arc-us
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:24 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another thought in my ramblings about an integrally structured universe. If, in order for there to be waves, there must be something (a medium) that is waving; similarly, then, for there to be particles, isn't it just as reasonable to equally assume that there must be something there that is particling (particle-ing)?

When our scientists get down to the nitty-gritty of analyzing any type of "thing" doesn't "it," the noun, the thing always eventually vanish under observation into a background sea of vibrating pattern? And so, thus, the fate of seemingly never ending flavors of positrons, gluons, morons ... ummm ... muons ad infinitum as we continue to plumb the depths of subtle permutations of the very sea in which we find outselves? Isn't this the very scientific foundation for "mysticism's" repeated mantra that, foundationally, all is illusion? But, of course, what is one person's mystery may only be another's insight (while hopefully suspending our natural tendency to be judgemental about it either way).

I guess I'm just at a little loss in trying to comprehend the conundrum of such problems of worrying over where to find the elusive electron in time and space that so occupies our mathematically oriented theoretical physicists. Do they have too much time on their hands?

Perhaps I'm too cynical. Maybe I just need a dose of my own philosophy. Maybe I'm just too dense still to grasp the insight offered through the suspenseful mystery of the poor kitty's dilemma of being locked up in a box rigged to either kill it or benignly leave it alone (refer Schrodinger's Cat). Really, though, I do kinda get it. Afterall, puzzles and mysteries can be great fun; keep our minds busy, our awareness focused, and attention away from ourselves. In our present condition of consciousness, isn't it the mystery that keeps us going? I mean, when the mystery is solved, when you've found out who dunnit, why then you've finished the book. The movie's done. Case solved. Now usually this signals the time to go to sleep and, eventually, go find another mystery.

But, if we were prepared for it, mighten it also provide a cue for waking up?

Best Regards,
Arc-us
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:56 pm Post subject:

I will tell you, with regards to scalar eminations and cymatics, I was skeptical, however, after viewing the scalar devices in action on that German Doctors website (who's name escapes me) and seeing the vibrational relationships of cymatics, seeing full well that Plasmas would resonate, I am on the verge of seeing that this might be part of the Extended EU puzzle.

It could seriously explain life more accurately, particularly, brains. :roll:

Krackonis

"We are the universe, trying to understand itself."
- Delenn

OP "Krackonis"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:29 pm Post subject:

Krackonis wrote:I will tell you, with regards to scalar eminations and cymatics, I was skeptical, however, after viewing the scalar devices in action on that German Doctors website (who's name escapes me) and seeing the vibrational relationships of cymatics, seeing full well that Plasmas would resonate, I am on the verge of seeing that this might be part of the Extended EU puzzle.

It could seriously explain life more accurately, particularly, brains.

Neil, which scalar devices? I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Were they mentioned in a post somewhere?

Arc-us
Resident Crackpot

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 pm Post subject: Scalar

@rc.us, you discussed scalar on May 16 at bottom of 2nd page of this thread. Vk78 discussed it on the first page. I think scalar means either omnidirectional or having no direction, as opposed to vectors, which indicate one specific direction. So a scalar wave would likely be omnidirectional, i.e. probably a spherical wave expanding or shrinking in all directions uniformly.

OP "lk"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: Scalar

lk wrote:@rc.us, you discussed scalar on May 16 at bottom of 2nd page of this thread. Vk78 discussed it on the first page. I think scalar means either omnidirectional or having no direction, as opposed to vectors, which indicate one specific direction. So a scalar wave would likely be omnidirectional, i.e. probably a spherical wave expanding or shrinking in all directions uniformly.

What I meant, lk, is what he means by the scalar devices of the German fellow - it's mentioned like it had come up somewhere before and I don't recall it. So just puzzled about which devices in particular. :|

Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:38 pm Post subject:

That's a seriously poor choice in terms. A scalar is a numerical value. A vector is a group of scalars. To talk of "scalar waves" is to play on words in order to make something sound more legitimate than perhaps it should.

OP "Pfhoenix"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: Scalar

lk wrote:@rc.us, you discussed scalar on May 16 at bottom of 2nd page of this thread. Vk78 discussed it on the first page. I think scalar means either omnidirectional or having no direction, as opposed to vectors, which indicate one specific direction. So a scalar wave would likely be omnidirectional, i.e. probably a spherical wave expanding or shrinking in all directions uniformly.

I should have checked the thread you mentioned before I replied. You threw me off with going into the definition. :) Anyway, thanks lk! I do believe that's what Neil was talking about. Sounds like he was able to make some sense of it. I'm afraid the language barrier was too great for me. :cry: I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:31 pm Post subject:

StefanR wrote:Did you ever come across this site, because it does touch upon the questions you're putting. And prof.dr. Meyl has a very interesting solution to things. Maybe you want to check it out. http://www.k-meyl.de/

I'm no expert on this but I found in his work the probable solution to some of your questions.

This was the Dr I was referring too... His work on Scalar (or whatever he is doing that certainly is incredibly interesting) and I am not a fan of the Scalar EM weapon "Fear HAARP" crowd.

:idea: Check out his video page http://www.k-meyl.de/go/index.php?dir=4 ... sublevel=0

Krackonis

"We are the universe, trying to understand itself."
- Delenn

OP "Krackonis"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:04 pm Post subject:

Krackonis wrote: Check out his video page http://www.k-meyl.de/go/index.php?dir=4 ... sublevel=0

Hey, I had one of those for my bathtub when I was a kid. You just add baking soda. Don't need no steenking scalar waves. Jes' kidding.

Taken at face value, that is a very interesting demo. Wish the writing was clearer in the papers on it. I wonder, though, just how bio-friendly the technology is? Particularly at higher levels.

Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 am Post subject:

lite-brite wrote:Pfhoenix:

Sure, the mechanics of light and sound. Cavitation can be induced by using ultrasound and even *light*. See 1) below for sonoluminescence and heat effects. Is it still mechanic when we change the terms to radiation and plasma?

Websters:
5 : caused by, resulting from, or relating to a process that involves a purely physical as opposed to a chemical or biological change or process <mechanical>

1) http://www.hielscher.com/ultrasonics/sonochem_01.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence

2) http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/suslick/britannica.html

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7EHyyoc86A

4 http://www.techmind.org/sl/

Here's nine "planets":

5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU

/probably will end up in the cymatics thread

Duly borrowed! Impressive, thanks Lite-Brite. Originally posted in this thread, Plasma Cavitation.

Also below, borrowed from this thread, 150m wide "black hole" found on Mars, as being particularly relevant as well I think.
@rc-us wrote:
Krackonis wrote: I have a much better idea. The atmosphere is not required at all. If magnetic filings and such can be vibrated to create patterns then certain plasma would be able to have vibrations INHERENT in it. These vibrations in a magnetic field would causes ripples down the plasma streams and such creating patterns of discharges.

Brings meaning to the idea that "The Gods taught us music"

A study of, and research into, natural transducive mechanisms and relationships would probably be productive. If we (humanity) figured it out, for example the transduction of an EM signal coupled to a grosser vibrating speaker element, I'm sure nature has been somewhat far ahead of us. If there is one common denominator throughout any aspect of physicality and states of existence it is relative scale of vibration/oscillation.

trans-duce (trans-doos, -dyoos, tranz-)v. tr. trans-duced, trans-duc-ing, trans-duc-es. 1. To convert (energy) from one form to another. 2. To transfer (genetic material or characteristics) from one bacterial cell to another. Used of a bacteriophage or plasmid. Am.Heritage Dict. 3rd Ed.

trans-duc-er (trans-doosr, -dyoo-, tranz-)n. A substance or device, such as a piezoelectric crystal, microphone, or photoelectric cell, that converts input energy of one form into output energy of another.[From Latin transducere, to transfer : trans-, trans- + ducere, to lead. See deuk-.] Am.Heritage Dict. 3rd Ed.

Arc-us
And one more, excerpts from a longer piece here Heating of Sun's Corona Explained!
davidoliversmith wrote:
Science Daily wrote:
Magnetic Field Uses Sound Waves To Ignite Sun's Ring Of Fire
Science Daily — Sound waves escaping the sun's interior create fountains of hot gas that shape and power a thin region of the sun's atmosphere which appears as a ruby red "ring of fire" around the moon during a total solar eclipse, according to new research.

Researchers have found that the sun's magnetic field allows the release of wave energy from its interior, permitting sound waves to travel through thin fountains, or "spicules", upward and into the chromosphere. Magnetic portals release these sound waves and fountains of hot gas. (Credit: Zina Deretsky, National Science Foundation)Ads by Google Advertise on this site

This region, called the chromosphere because of its color, is largely responsible for the deep ultraviolet radiation that bathes the Earth, producing the atmosphere's ozone layer.

It also has the strongest solar connection to climate variability. "The sun's interior vibrates with the peal of millions of bells, but the bells are all on the inside of the building," said Scott McIntosh of the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colo., lead member of the research team. "We've been able to show how the sound can escape the building and travel a long way using the magnetic field as a guide."

(snip)

Over the past twenty years, scientists have studied energetic sound waves as probes of the Sun's interior because the waves are largely trapped by the sun's visible surface -- the photosphere. The research found that some of these waves can escape the photosphere into the chromosphere and corona.

(snip)

Note: This story has been adapted from a news release issued by National Science Foundation.
(snip)

The concept is mostly the subject of derision in the thread due to certain terminology used in the article, such as "magnetic 'cracks'" and the recognition of magnetic effects while simultaneously excluding any mention of the required coupled electrical effects. And because it's written from the viewpoint of the "standard model" in support of finding ways to explain how, in a nuclear model, the outer regions of the "furnace" are hotter than the inner where the "nuclear core" exists. Ignoring an external, electrical source for coronal heating.

Unfortunate, because this attitude then tends towards the dismissal of ALL the data and lends bias against recognizing that *other* phenomenal manifestation, including but not limited to the realm of sound, coincides with the plasma and electromagnetic aspects. And we fail in grasping a holistic vision of the universe, instead seeing entirely discreet, separate manifestion of things nuclear, things electric, things mechanical. A fractional viewing of the universe from insular viewpoints.

By failing to foster an integrative view, where we can see relational value amongst all the seemingly separate ways in which the same fundamental energy can manifest, by failing to see it's the same energy showing through different facets (different faces), then in our success of promoting the electric universe and overthrowing the old myopic paradigms we risk becoming just another inadequate, mainstream scientific priesthood striving to maintain an unreasonably short-sighted and provincial status quo.

Arc-us

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:54 pm Post subject:

Ive been following the thread and doing some research and found some very interestng pics of ancient murals depicting the polar configuration along with the very symbols as seen in the cymatics video.ill post them when i get to a coffe shop.
But i have an interesting idea as to how to see if plasma will generate as a medium , the same symbols.Does anyone have a Tesla coil?
Electric Universe And Plasma Cosmology Is Pregnant With Promise For Understanding Our Collective Past, Current Internal and External Present, and Bestows New Hope On a More Exellent Way Forward In Our Unified Individuation!

OP "Plasmatic MnemoHistory"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:10 pm Post subject:

How are these Tesla Coil designs?
http://www.altair.org/tesla.html#MKIV
_Altair's First Tesla Coil, Mk I
Mk I Tesla Coil Schematic Diagram
Made in 1978 in Heffner dormitory at Gerogia Tech. Was wound on a 2-1/2 inch grey PVC pipe and was excited from a 15kV neon transformer, a spark gap made of coat hanger and a plastic cup liberated from the lunch room. My favorite capacitor bank was six 1 qt beer bottles, with brine and copper wire inside, wrapped in foil on a metal plate on a stack of computer paper. It was also fun to empty the bottles.
Status September 1978, purple corona at top, 12 in streamers. Eventually died by external arcing on the secondary.
Lessons Learned: use more top load (toroid or sphere electrode capacitance); dont use black or gray PVC pipe; secondary coil should not be very long and thin, aspect ratio should be 3 - 5 ; secondary should have heavier wire, lower resistance, higher resonance.
_Altair's Mk II Tesla Coil
Mk II Tesla Coil Schematic Diagram
My second Tesla coil will drive 40 inch streamers, photos above. Its vital statistics are:
Sedcondary Coil : Cylindrical , 4.5 in dia, 30 in tall, PVC form, 880 turns of #20 copper wire.
Top Load : Toroid, stovepipe, 8 x 24 inches.
Primary Coil A: Cylindrical , 40 in dia, 18 in tall, on PVC posts, ten turns of 1/4 inch copper tubing.
Primary Coil B: Cylindrical , 9 in dia, 18 in tall, on 8in PVC, 30 turns of #6 copper wire.
Primary Coil C: Conical Helix, 10 in to 48 in dia, 120 deg included, 23 turns of #6 copper wire.
Power: Potential Transformer, 14400 V AC, 1500 VA, External Ballast 1 to 4 hot water heater elements, 1500 W each.
Hawg Capacitor A: One plastic soda bottle, 0.008 uF
Hawg Capacitor B: One glass gallon cider jugg, 0.003 uF
Hawg Capacitor C: Seven glass gallon cider juggs, 0.017 uF
Surplus Capacitor: Old surplus GE capacitor, 50 kV, 0.022 uF
Progress to Date : see Altair's Tesla Lab Notes
Status Feb 1999:
Streamers 44 in, controlled strikes 10 in.
Switched to GE Capacitor, 22 nF. Primary Coil tunes at 6 1/2 turns.
Expanded 240 V ballast bank to 12 kW, for 1.5 kVA potential transformer.
Next: Construction of asynchronous tungsten rotary gap. Increase primary conductor size to 1/2 in dia or more.
_Altair's Mk III Tesla Coil
Mk III Tesla Coil Schematic Diagram
My Mk III Tesla coil will drive 50 inch streamers. Dont get too close. Its vital statistics are:
Sedcondary Coil : Cylindrical , 9 in dia, 31 in tall, 880 turns of #20 copper wire on a PVC form.
Primary Coil D: Conical Helix, 10 in to 48 in dia, 120 deg included, 23 turns of 3/4 in copper tubing.
Power: Potential Transformer, 14400 V AC, 1500 VA, External Ballast 1 to 8 hot water heater elements, 1500 W each.
Status Feb 2000:
Streamers 54 in, controlled strikes 14 in.
Rewound Primary Coil with 3/4 in Cu tubing.
Expanded 240 V ballast bank to 12 kW, for 1.5 kVA potential transformer.
Next: Fiber Optic Instrumentation System, Increase Toroid size. Construction of asynchronous tungsten rotary gap.
_Altair's Mk IV Tesla Coil
Mk III Tesla Coil Schematic Diagram
My Mk IV Tesla coil will drive 50 inch streamers, looking for more. Its vital statistics are:
Sedcondary Coil : Cylindrical , 12.5 in dia, 46 in tall, 1040 turns of #17 copper wire on a fiberglass form.
Primary Coil D: Conical Helix, 16 in to 48 in dia, 120 deg included, 16 turns of 3/4 in copper tubing.
Power: Potential Transformer, 14400 V AC, 1500 VA, External Ballast 1 to 8 hot water heater elements, 1500 W each.
Status Sep 2002:
First Light , Streamers 36 in.
Unwound 2 inner turns of Mk III Primary Coil, 3/4 in Cu tubing, and enlarged center hole.
240 V / 12 kW ballast bank for 1.5 kVA potential transformer.
Next: Fiber Optic Instrumentation System, Increase Toroid size. Construction of asynchronous tungsten rotary gap.
OP "lk"

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:13 pm

osted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:19 pm Post subject:

This is cross-posted from this thread Links to Related Alternative Science Webpages in the Electric Universe--Resources forum. While x-posting is normally frowned upon in internet formats such as newsgroups and, presumably, discussion forums I didn't want this to get swallowed and disappear amongst the sheer quantity of other links being posted and felt the information to be relevant to this thread.

Arc-us

Ripple Tank Simulation (with adjustable parameters)
http://www.falstad.com/ripple/

Physics 2000 Experiments on Wave Interference (animated)
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/sc ... index.html
Physics 2000 Classic 2-Slit Experiment (animated)
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/sc ... slit2.html
Physics 2000 Classic 2-Slit Experiment, Electron Interference (animated)
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/sc ... slit3.html

Anti-Relativity: Evidence Against The Theory of Relativity
http://www.anti-relativity.com/links.htm

Wave Structure of Matter
http://www.cyclesresearchinstitute.org/wsm.html

Rhythmodynamics
http://www.keelynet.com/spider/b-100e.htm
rhythmodynamics.jpg
(click to view larger image)

Brahma & The Gravitational Spider from Rhythmodynamics

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm Post subject:

Another posting, borrowed from here Waves AND Particles: new laser experiment

http://www.brown.edu/Administration/New ... 6-174.html

The image from the above link is clickable for a 3mb mpeg animation.
@rc-us wrote: Hi Marcos -

The preface to the article you linked to is interesting :

"Using pulses of high-intensity sound, two Brown University physicists have succeeded in making a movie showing the motion of a single electron. Humphrey Maris, a physics professor at Brown University, and Wei Guo, a Brown doctoral student, were able to film the electron as it moved through a container of superfluid helium."

Motion of a single electron? Hmm. Anyways.

And, later:

"The researchers used a planar transducer – basically, a loudspeaker that produces flat, not focused, sound waves – to pummel the whole volume of liquid helium with sound. As each wave overtook an electron bubble, it alternately increased and decreased the surrounding pressure. Under negative pressure, the bubbles expanded to about eight microns, the size of a small speck of dust, then shrank again as the next wave of high pressure washed over them. A strobe light, synchronized to the sound pulse, illuminated the bubbles without overheating the chamber. "

Shades of cymatics.

Also sounds suspiciously similar to sonoluminescence, mentioned by lite-brite in this thread Plasma Cavitation?. One of the links from that posting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU

Best,
Arc-us

Arc-us